Dismiss Notice
We're bringing our Belgian Beer Fest back to Boston June 22nd & 23rd!

Learn More

Tree House Brewing Company (June 2015)

Discussion in 'New England' started by chewy527, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshjim

joshjim Initiate (158) Mar 22, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

They did it the way it should be done......
    atdunn9 and eb1610 like this.
  2. ppoitras

ppoitras Poo-Bah (3,725) Jan 15, 2004 Massachusetts

There is a couple outdoor tables, not sure about the pet friendly.
    Mag00n likes this.
  3. RRtransvestification

RRtransvestification Aspirant (283) Dec 21, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

I meant in terms of wait time, I just don't want to get stuck there for over an hour. Thanks for the help guys!
  4. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (340) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Pretty much the perfect beer event
    atdunn9, Nav71292 and Gmr75 like this.
  5. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (340) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Top Three:
    1) Double Shot (Dark Cherry & cocoa)
    2) Truth
    3) Cask Julius

Trailbreaker was also spectacular
    Mikecap, atdunn9 and Nav71292 like this.
  6. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (158) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

The party was awesome. My designated driver flaked on me at the last minute so I had to drive myself which meant that I was not able to have as many of the options as I would have otherwise. I loved everything I had though and I thought the whole thing went well.

I am hoping there is some chance that some of the leftovers might wind up on tap for growlers next week. I really wanted to try that lager but it just didn't make the cut due to my lack of DD and subsequent need to pace myself.
    atdunn9 likes this.
  7. aj3749

aj3749 Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2014 Connecticut

Top Three:
    1.). Truth - truly blown away by this beer. Amazing for their first BA stout
    2.). Very Green
    3.) Cask Julius

But really every beer there was amazing! Well done treehouse!
    atdunn9 likes this.
  8. Gmr75

Gmr75 Aspirant (245) Apr 30, 2002 Connecticut
    Industry Beer Trader

This. What a great event. One of the best fests I've been to.
    atdunn9 likes this.
  9. MenardMa

MenardMa Devotee (419) Feb 6, 2011 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I cant narrow it to a top 3 since I had at least a sip of pretty much every beer tapped I think and all were of course excellent...here were the standouts off the top of my head:
    1. Double Shot Mixed Berry
    2. Truth
    3. JJJuliuSSS
    4. Alter Ego
    5. Double Shot Cinnamon Bun
    6. Very Green (still the best smelling beer I've ever encountered)
    atdunn9 likes this.
  10. MenardMa

Beer Trader

Nice meeting you man! hope your journey was worth it!
  11. Shwilly_Vanilli

Shwilly_Vanilli Aspirant (204) Dec 20, 2013 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

So hard to rank all these amazing treats, so in no particular order - my favorites

Double Shot w Dark Cherries & Cacao Nibs
    Double Shot w Peanut Butter Cups

So much gratitude to everyone at Treehouse. Truly the anniversary celebration they deserved.
    atdunn9 likes this.
  12. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (296) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

absolutely perfect event in every way! 364 days and counting :wink:

i loved:

alter ego

and everything else. I don't know how many people to whom I said "this is the one brew fest/party you'll ever go to where there's not a single beer anyone could say is just 'okay'".

Congrats to all the TH family. What a phenomenal event. What a phenomenal day.
    atdunn9, MenardMa and Evmo31 like this.
  13. darkandhoppy

and I loved BTs smokehouse food all afternoon!
  14. Boomfishberg

Boomfishberg Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2015 Massachusetts

JJJulius, Very Green, and Cask Julius were fantastic. This was my first exposure to their stouts, so I'm not qualified to weigh in here, but I can't fathom anything better than any of their stouts on a cold winter day by the fireplace after I'm done snow blowing. Yowsers, that would be incredible.

Shhhhhhh! was also quite good - and though i'm not a fan of the mosaic hops, you lose them to the complexity of the beer about 3 sips in. Really, really good but I'm a Julius-jaded hophead...
    jlordi12 likes this.
  15. sourdog

sourdog Zealot (524) Feb 24, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Thanks brother. Nice to meet you too! I met so many amazing people today. I've been to countless beer festivals and this one stands out as a shining example of what is right with craft beer. World class beer, friendly people, happy vibes and good time all around! Great to finally meet you Dean and @DigitalNate! Tree House is a tour de force and I look forward to seeing the evolution ahead. Sante!

For the record, my top 3 beers today:

1. Truth
    2. Jjjuliusss
    3. Alter Ego
    jomobono, atdunn9 and MenardMa like this.
  16. xacidx

xacidx Aspirant (232) Oct 30, 2012 Connecticut

Just arrived home from the event. To say the least it was phenomenal. It was my first festival of any sorts I have attended and it went off without a hiccup. I couldn't even use all my tickets for beers because of the generous pours that were given. Darks beers won the day for me, especially DS variants. Dark cherry blew my mind, and then some. Truth was beyond good. I will go to bed a happy lad. O' Treehouse, how you make me smile. :slight_smile: Thanks for all the volunteers and crew that made it possible. I have to say the Treehouse folk are the most friendliest I have ever been around. Cheers!
  17. Nichols33

Nichols33 Savant (934) Apr 2, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Congrats to all the folks at Tree House, epic event. Flawless. I can't put into words how well run, how fun, just perfect the event was. Nate and crew nailed it. So happy for them, and honored to be a part of it. Great times hanging with the crew and the fellow TH regulars.

Truth was out of this world. One of the best beers I've ever had.

Jjjuliusss was awesome too. Double shot variants were all great, very subtle differences between each. Had to let warm to really tell the difference between each variant side by side.

Not sure if I'll ever go to a better beer event.
    atdunn9, Nav71292 and MenardMa like this.
  18. JakerLou

JakerLou Meyvn (1,041) Jan 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Premium Member Beer Trader

WOW!!! Dear Tree House please come to EBF next year and bring one or two of these beers. Or put one on for growler fills and I'll be compelled to drive down from NH, repeatedly.
    Ken_P and atdunn9 like this.
  19. NAPO

NAPO Aspirant (259) Jan 7, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Such a fantastic event. Well run and the beers were amazing. The DS variants were legit and I couldn't get enough of Peanut butter cup and Cinnamon roll. The Ground Cardamon version was crazy good. Cask Julius was amazing and Jjjuliusss had the most ridiculous nose on a beer and the return of Very Green was touching and it was tasting better than ever. Trailbreaker was amazing and its definitive a style people should appreciate alot more (Kelliebier).

Food was great and company even better. Cool shirt and tasting glass and delicious BBQ. Where do I sign in for next year?
    jomobono and atdunn9 like this.
  20. Nav71292

Nav71292 Initiate (186) Oct 14, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

This is all absolutely spot on. Seriously, the nose on JJJULIUSSS was by far the best of any beer I've ever had.
  21. mike0802

mike0802 Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2014 New York
    Beer Trader

For a first time party of this size, TH nailed it. No flaws, some of the line for food weree long but moved quickly, never more than 10-15 minutes. Everyone was friendly. They really thought everything out down to the last detail, bravo. People complaining about that $125 ticket price, it was more than worth it. Every single beer I'd drink regularly if available, not a sub par beer in the house. Everything was world class. This is why Tree House is one of, if not the best brewery in the world.

Very difficult to choose 3. Everything was seriously so good and appreciate the time and effort that goes into brewing these right. You can tell they price themselves on making truly great beer.

1. Cask Julius - my god, that hear and velvet mouth feel. Incredible.
    2. Truth - one of the best BA stouts ever. Big bourbon flavor.
    3. Double Shot Variants - I can't choose one, but if I had to, the blackberries was incredible.

Shhhhhh!, Very Green, Jjjulius, Alter Ego...how could anyone choose just 3?
    atdunn9 likes this.
  22. bruindre

bruindre Disciple (370) Jun 20, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Jelly. Sounds like phenomenal beers and a phenomenal party.

(noting on calendar approx date for 4th Anniversary party).
  23. Short-Pour

Short-Pour Initiate (0) May 29, 2015 Connecticut

Got there late, around 3pm. First up was very green, which was fantastic followed by the cask Julius, also fantastic. I had the cask with BBQ, which at that point there was no line for. I don't blame everyone for lining up for the BBQ, it did look, smell, and taste great.

We all recieved a 16 Oz tasting glass which had a nice logo and date of the party on the front and an inscription on the back. Tickets were tucked inside each glass, the tee shirt was good as well. Pours were at least 8 Oz more like ten

My wife, who could not make it because our babysitter did not show up, called me because my 7 year old had a bad fall on her bike. So i had to boost out early. I was in the only long line (for 'truth') so I left early, but not before trading my remaining tickets for 3 cans of Julius with the guy next to me in line.

The pours were big, I would not want to drive anywhere if I had all 12 pours. The only long line was for 'truth', I got my other beers by walking up and giving my glass to be filled.

Note to self. Next time go with wife as DD and at lest one other ticket holder so that proper side by sides can be done
    #263 Short-Pour, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  24. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (247) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I think he is smiling.
  25. darkandhoppy

I totally gouged out a huge chunk of one of those cheeks. Absolutely, sublimely tender. Delicious.

I hope all you Tree House folks are having the best Sunday.....basking in the afterglow of a huge success and also eating and drinking the best party leftovers EVAR!
    atdunn9 likes this.
  26. MartyMarrr

MartyMarrr Initiate (91) Nov 29, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

1: very green
    2: very green
    3: truth
    4:grinning:S variants (so many good ones)
    5: jjj
    6: alter ego

I feel like alter ego and jjj didn't get a fair rating at 5 and 6 they were both amazing. Seriously everything was out of This world. I feel like this event may have ruined beer for the rest of my life. It was that good.
    NickWebster87, jomobono and atdunn9 like this.
  27. Gmr75

Gmr75 Aspirant (245) Apr 30, 2002 Connecticut
    Industry Beer Trader

San Francisco! Nice to meet you at the fest! (I was the guy that was in line with you for Truth, and introduced you to Nate).
    sourdog, jomobono and MenardMa like this.
  28. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (158) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

The viking looking fellow manning the pig from BT's was pretty awesome too. I felt so medieval drinking fine ales and pulling meat from a pig with that dude looking on. :grinning:
    NickWebster87 likes this.
  29. MenardMa

Beer Trader

Everyone who was there fully recovered from Saturday? I'm sending this from this exact spot. Haven't gotten up yet.

dianimal, Nav71292, sourdog and 3 others like this.
  30. ommegoodness

ommegoodness Initiate (170) Apr 21, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

So.... Any chance some of these delightful offerings will be around this weekend, say Friday night as I drive west to my in-laws in Connecticut? I know, wait and see, just hoping the festivities didn't completely clean them out for the next week or so. It will be almost two years to the day (and two buildings ago) since my only previous visit, but I do still have three growlers to be filled and for once I will be making the drive at an appropriate time without two very young and impatient children (and one very attractive but also kind of impatient wife).
  31. Short-Pour

I was thinking the same thing. There must be something left for Growler fills. But do they have enough taps to offer everything all at once? No, but lets say they only have one barrel of each left. They could fill growlers until each respective barrel is gone, then hook up a different festival beer and fill growlers until that runs out. Lets say a new 30 barrel batch of Tornado is ready for canning on Thursday. This would all be canned - no need to can 200 cases and leave 10 barrels for growler fills. So hopefully they will can the entire 30 barrel batch - 300 cases of Tornado because they have the festival left overs for growler fills this weekend.

Since there was Julius and Green variants at the festival, plus a number of stouts, I doubt they will can a new batch of Green or Julius. Any guesses on what the canned beer will be? A Curiosity variant maybe? Present moment making a comeback perhaps?

And if they can the entire batch of new beer into 300 cases, I suspect the can limit will be high as well. But the growler fill line will be HUGE...

Omme, I am in the same boat as you. I have two young girls
  32. Mikecap

Mikecap Champion (849) May 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

If they put Truth or some of those Double Shot variants on...or Jjjuliusss...there's going to be quite a crowd to say the least.

I'd love me some cans of that Kellerbier too
  33. wehaveamap

wehaveamap Initiate (193) Jan 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

What were the details on Jjjuliusss. Julius, but...more?
  34. Short-Pour

Mike, I had to leave the party after only an hour, I did not try the Kellerbier. It was called 'TrailBreaker' on the three page festival handout, and I meant to try it but ran out of time. What was it like? Would this be the first lager variant offered by Treehouse?

Agreed on the long lines if the leftovers are available for growler fills. My guess is that the line on Thursday would start forming around 2PM, by 4PM it might be 100 plus.
  35. Mikecap

Mikecap Champion (849) May 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

Jjjuliusss was Julius with an extra dry hop and infused with citrus I believe? Absolute juice bomb as you'd expect.

Trailbreaker was their first lager and it was a nice surprise to see it on the list. It was just a perfectly executed clean, crisp, refreshing German lager. I talked to Nate after trying it and he said they'll be doing more lagers down the road.
  36. abagofit

abagofit Aspirant (235) Oct 31, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Well they're certainly not just going to throw the leftovers out. I see two possibilities, either they add them for growlers a few at a time, or they send them out to their draft accounts, which might make a little more since if they can't have them all on for growlers.
  37. SRBush1974

SRBush1974 Disciple (368) Apr 18, 2015 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Keeping an eye on their offerings as I too will be swinging by on Friday, my first visit to TH. More interested in cans than growlers. But depending on what they have will determine my leave time on Friday.

I'd love for another generous can amount of Eureka w/ Galaxy. Man, that is a perfect summer beer! Heading to the shore on the 28th and would love to take a bunch with me!
  38. Emmige1

Emmige1 Initiate (56) Dec 1, 2014 New York
    Beer Trader

Oh yeah, Thursday could be intense. Especially with people traveling through Mass for the Dinner release?
  39. jbertsch

jbertsch Meyvn (1,107) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

Great to hear and hope to see it. Kind of hard to imagine, though, seeing as lagers would presumably tie up equipment longer and it's hard enough for them to make enough beer each week to meet demand.

Hope I get to try Trailbreaker and see how they do with something not hop - or coffee - forward. One of my favorite lager styles.
  40. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (247) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.