Tree House Brewing Company (June 2016)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by NiceBeerCans, Jun 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbrews

Jbrews Disciple (347) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

The first time I went to Treehouse in the original location I was out to buy a few 750's of Curiosity 5. I waited close to 3 hours. Napped on the couch for a while and played some cards against humanity with some folks. I couldn't wait to get the hell out. Was way too long for me.

The lines and waits have always been there.

2. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

It's delicious.

Jbrews likes this.
  3. JGLittle

JGLittle Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2012 Massachusetts

C5 was the longest I waited, close to 2 hours. But a great beer. I actually have a C1 tag along with a Julius. Is there jaded vet theme music?

4. Jbrews

Jbrews Disciple (347) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

Haha

5. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (2,054) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Yeah, the old growler filling system was absolutely atrocious. Was really bad when nobody was there, and was downright murderous when it was sorta busy. Just getting your slip in "line" was an ordeal.

And to think they're now averaging 100 growler customers per hour! Sure have come a long way and are one of the most efficient breweries at getting people in and out.

I was at BB on Saturday, and it took me an hour to get to the register when like 20 people were in front of me. And they don't even do growlers! Spent the whole time discussing the numerous ways to expedite the lines with everyone around me. I'm hoping it was just the kinks they were still working out from their move. Nice place though, and ultra dog-friendly for some reason. Kinda sucks to be allergic because after the hour wait, I could hardly taste my 5oz pours!

But anyway, at this point, all TH can do to move things along faster is get more taps and hire more people. Good looks.

Jbrews likes this.
  6. Laxal40

Laxal40 Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2016 Connecticut

Does anyone know if there are more King jjjulius cans left for tomorrow? The tree house sight never said sold out.

7. DanPing

DanPing Aspirant (225) May 30, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

8. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

If there is, they might not advertise it since there is probably so little left. Check their twitter, is someone hasn't already asked I am sure they will.

Edit: looks like a few people asked with no reply last week, but at 8:07 nate said the had enough for ~40 people after accounting for the line that was there, and they closed around 8:30, so I am guessing most or all of it sold.

9. Laxal40

Ok thanks for the reply! Wasn't sure if it was 40 cases or 40 cans left. So there might be a chance lol.

10. AdrenalinJunkee

AdrenalinJunkee Initiate (0) May 18, 2015 Connecticut

ya he said there was 40 cases left at about 8. we figured they were staying open to burn off all the inventory... there may be a couple cases left as some cans were seen being drank by the staff on sat at the party. dont hold me to it though

11. Bcelos

Bcelos Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2015 Connecticut

My buddy walked in around 830 on Friday and mentioned that he was one of the only customers left but very little KJJ remained. If there is any left it's probably less than ~10 cases and i'd imagine they will hand it out descretely to the first few customers tomorrow.

AdrenalinJunkee likes this.
  12. Piels25

Piels25 Aspirant (236) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Alter Ego is first off the line this week. 6pp.

13. Laxal40

Ok thanks all for the replies. Would like to try at least one can. Guess I might test my odds tomorrow.

14. zman_

zman_ Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2015 Massachusetts

From what I head at the anniversary party, Dean said they had about 3 cases left but they were going to be enjoyed by all the staff/volunteers after the party so sounds like no go on KingJJJ cans tomorrow.

Evmo31 likes this.
  15. stevebrownsteve

stevebrownsteve Initiate (85) Mar 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

I have't been up in a few months, is 6 pp limit generally the norm now for Wednesday?

16. HeyLady

HeyLady Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2015 New York

Two cans on Wednesday and normally each is 5 or 6pp

stevebrownsteve likes this.
  17. AdrenalinJunkee

AdrenalinJunkee Initiate (0) May 18, 2015 Connecticut

good to know... i was gonna be there early morning for some if that was the case

mlm61 likes this.
  18. Norexyet

Norexyet Initiate (168) Nov 23, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Heading tomorrow for my first time. What time do people usually show up for the noon opening? Hoping to knock out them, trillium, and nebco in a day.

19. Ianrem7

Ianrem7 Initiate (23) Feb 14, 2016 Connecticut

The first people to get there do so around 10 but there isn't a need to do that. If you want to maximize time get there at 11. Although there may be a bigger earlier crowd of people hoping there is some KJJJ left (if there is it will probably silently be given away to the first however many people in line). If they open early you can be on your way before 12. So then an hour and a half to Trillium gets you there at 1:30. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes there, but you'd have time to relax and have a tasting. Leave Trillium by 2-3 and you should get to NEBCO by 4:30-5:30.

Norexyet likes this.
  20. Norexyet

Trader

Perfect thanks. That's my plan. Cans and some glaasware at treehouse, bottles and a sample or two at trillium and a growler or two at Nebco and then back to Jersey.

Ianrem7 likes this.
  21. mlm61

mlm61 Initiate (111) Jun 16, 2016 Connecticut
    Trader

Could add Night Shift and Jack Abby and make it a very long day, but lots of great beer.

22. Norexyet

Trader

What's it like getting bottles/cans at Jack Abby? Just got a good amount of nightshift but Jack's is only 35 minutes.

23. infectedlobster

infectedlobster Initiate (89) Apr 22, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Super easy in and out with as many bottles/cans as you'd like. I'd highly recommend getting a pour or two while you're there - they have draft-only stuff like Graham Cracker BA Framinghammer on tap right now.

24. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (247) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

I heard that Graham Cracker is good. Looking forward to trying their Helles collab with Nebco.

Mikecap likes this.
  25. Short-Pour

Short-Pour Initiate (0) May 29, 2015 Connecticut

Any guesses on what will be available tomorrow? Besides 6 cans of Alter Ego. My guess is Eureka, which would be great because I am at the Cape next week, so a nice summer crusher would be ideal. That said, it's been a while since Lights On. Some here would have more informed guesses.

26. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (354) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Read the first post in this thread.

27. RuckIt

RuckIt Aspirant (211) Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Your smoothest route would be Trillium first, then work your way back, hitting Jack's Abby (not completely necessary) then Tree House in the mid-afternoon once the line is already moving steadily, and finally NEBCO on your way home. If you get to Trillium for open, that should put you at NEBCO after they open at 3pm, and out of Hartford before rush hour hits.

lic217 and Norexyet like this.
  28. Norexyet

Trader

That might work out better now that you say that. If I get to treehouse by 2-230 should I be good for a full allotment of cans?

29. cosmicdebris

cosmicdebris Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2008 Connecticut

Seriously you do not want to hit Hartford at rush hour

kliend likes this.
  30. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Initiate (0) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts

Generally you should be good for your full allotment all day on Wednesdays. Getting there at 2 is more or less ideal - the initial rush is gone, and you usually can walk in and out in 5 minutes.

31. Norexyet

Trader

Awesome. Much appreciated everyone. Been wanting to make the trip for awhile and finally have some time off. Any recommendations on bottle shops somewhat near treehouse? Wouldn't mind browsing around for stuff I don't see by me.

32. Piels25

Piels25 Aspirant (236) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

From the first post in the thread:

Is there a bottle shop nearby? Go to Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge, it's basically next to BT's.

YS1977 likes this.
  33. RuckIt

RuckIt Aspirant (211) Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

See the first post of the thread - Yankee Spirits. It's right off the highway, on the way to Tree House.

YS1977 likes this.
  34. BucketsB

BucketsB Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2011 Massachusetts

Can we move the first posts of the Tree House, Trillium, and Night Shift threads into one stickied "Visiting Tree House / Trillium / Night Shift FAQ" thread? Can be more expansive but at least those three. I'm not sure the first post of the monthly thread system is working as intended.

kliend, HeyLady and eb1610 like this.
  35. VinhoTinto

VinhoTinto Initiate (71) Feb 18, 2011 Maine

Welcome to Portland. I surprised a canine hasn't been elected to city council already.

36. Nbrock24

Nbrock24 Devotee (456) Mar 11, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

I was there at 11:50 and in and out in 10 minutes (they opened early clearly). I can't imagine driving back to Boston from Monson without stopping at Armsby Abbey for Hill Farmstead pints.

Piels25 likes this.
  37. PeterPGH

PeterPGH Aspirant (211) Oct 30, 2015 Pennsylvania
    Trader

If you go to TH at open on Saturday how likely is it that you will get shut out on cans? Does it ever happen?

38. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2013 New York

As always, pays to read the first post of this monthly thread, which has your answer (and others). :slight_smile:

AirBob and eb1610 like this.
  39. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

It changes to much week to week to give you an answer. Generally, yes if you are there by the time they open you will get some left cans from fridays run.

40. nerdboy19

nerdboy19 Aspirant (253) Sep 20, 2015 Korea (South)
    Trader

Visiting TH for my first time today. I am so excited I even dreamed about them canning Eureka last night (was kinda sad though :wink: ). Wish it would be a nice experience.

kliend likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.