Tree House Brewing Company - March 2015

Discussion in 'New England' started by MattOC, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (264) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

that would be an awesome, awesome ride. I have this sorta shadowy sensation I've been on it for almost a year now. Maybe that's just my liver?

2. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (264) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

I could get down wi dat

3. SirHefeweizen

SirHefeweizen Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2009 Massachusetts

Well only a Beginners Mind would think to not check the ebf list and find that new beer

MenardMa likes this.
  4. musicman7070

musicman7070 Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2012 New Jersey

There has to be a second beer right? It says on their on tap page that there is more to follow. We shall see, I guess.

5. jamis

jamis Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2008 Massachusetts

It always says 'more to come...' .

BruinsDude325 and jessehurlburt like this.
  6. jessehurlburt

jessehurlburt Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2014 Connecticut

I'm curious too. I'm going to try to make my first stop at the new place Saturday. I can't wait to check it out and hopefully score some Green or whatever deliciousness they have on. Anyone with inside info know how they are progressing with their new brewhouse?

7. pjs234

pjs234 Devotee (456) Jun 29, 2008 Connecticut

Actually it doesn't always say that. I have seen it come down after all beers for the week have been announced.

8. fivehooks

fivehooks Initiate (39) Jan 11, 2015 Connecticut

I wouldn't count on cans on Saturday, but they will probably still have growlers for Green. The cans last two days usually. I think they will increase capacity in the next 2 weeks according to earlier posts in this thread.

9. MattXT

MattXT Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2010 Virginia

Got a report from my buddy that he got there around 4pm and was 50 deep. Only Green.

10. TheOneTC

TheOneTC Initiate (157) Aug 23, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

I was there at 4:05, and was #39. But I'm already out the door with cans and growlers. They were up to #80, calling #47 when I left. Longest line now is to pay.

11. dar482

dar482 Poo-Bah (3,853) Mar 9, 2007 New York
    Society

Trying to gauge my trip tomorrow. So you were out of there by 5:30?

12. MattOC

MattOC Devotee (460) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

For those headed out late tonight: @TreeHouseBrewCo: Green for growlers gone - plenty of cans left for this evening.

13. ppoitras

ppoitras Poo-Bah (4,092) Jan 15, 2004 Massachusetts
    Society

Still a crowd at 5:45PM. Wheeled in the lot and wheeled out. Too many souls to risk it with the 3 year old today. :-)

14. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts

With Green already gone for growlers they have to have something in the works for tomorrow. Hopefully its TWSS cans

dar482 likes this.
  15. xacidx

xacidx Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2012 Connecticut

Just got back with eight cans of Green. I have to say, that was a most enjoyable experience, got there at 4:45 and out by 5:15. This place can do no wrong.

BGsWo22 and dar482 like this.
  16. BGsWo22

BGsWo22 Crusader (708) Sep 21, 2012 Texas

What till the future and that statement will become even more true

17. CTFalcon

CTFalcon Aspirant (263) Nov 9, 2014 Connecticut

Got there at 5:15 and Green kicked while filling my bottles around 6. Extremely happy to get green in cans but I never would have guessed they'd run out of beer for growlers that early on a Thursday, yikes.

18. TheOneTC

Trader

Yup. Never waited more than half an hour for cans. Growlers, could be 10 minutes, could be 2.5 hours. Not sure what they have on hand for tomorrow, seeing how they ran out beer for growlers today. Everyone seems to think they'll have more, but with upgraded production not yet in effect, and EBF this weekend, it wouldn't surprise me if they have leftover Green cans for tomorrow and that's it for the weekend.

dar482 likes this.
  19. chewy527

chewy527 Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2014 Connecticut

Dumb question -- I see lots of pictures of people with double, triple, etc, the limit on cans (xacidx for example said he/she got 8 cans tonight). Assuming this means they went with somebody else to double their limit ?

You can't go through the lines multiple times in one night, can you ?

20. pjvie

pjvie Initiate (0) May 30, 2014 Oregon

I am super interested in landing some of Tree Houses stuff. Being in NJ, its a bit of a trip. I'm mainly trying to gauge when they are expecting production to increase so that they have multiple beers available when I go. Any word as to when this might be? I'm tempted to go up every weekend, but I will kick myself if I make that trip and the two weeks later they have 3-4 beers available.

21. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts

One trip through the line per day

jomobono likes this.
  22. PeteKuncis

PeteKuncis Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2014 Massachusetts

When Julius cans were on, there was no line. In my opinion, it falls under the "Dont be a douche, let others have a chance to buy some" rule. I could have bought the rest of the Julius cans and made a fortune "selling". That just ain't right. There'll be plenty more. Respect the limit.

cbutova likes this.
  23. jamis

jamis Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2008 Massachusetts

People often bring a friend, spouse, girlfriend, etc...

24. xacidx

xacidx Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2012 Connecticut

I brought my wifey. She has never liked IPAs but loves Green. I knew I could turn her.

25. benbking

benbking Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2009 Rhode Island

Yeah I don't go to Tree House without bringing my wife. It's an hour and 45 min drive for me each way with no traffic, plus tolls. I feel like one trip through the line with my beer drinking wife is totally enough. Everyone is chill there. Tonight we made the mistake of bringing our son in with the stroller, but it worked out.

chewy527 and xacidx like this.
  26. brikelly

brikelly Initiate (161) Apr 11, 2010 Massachusetts

Well, Julius in cans is goddamn awesome. Just an FYI.

atdunn9, DigitalNate and jomobono like this.
  27. BeerKev11

BeerKev11 Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2015 Connecticut

I always bring my wife, not to be a hoarder like some of these people do just to get more, but because she loves Tree House Beers!

chewy527 likes this.
  28. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (243) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

How was the Turkey Reuben?

29. jessehurlburt

jessehurlburt Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2014 Connecticut

When will then be now!?!
    Soon!

30. TheOneTC

Trader

Available for Growler Fills:

GOOD MORNING - (Imperial Coffee Stout - 8.4%) - Our most distinct and complex stout...! Brewed with Monson’s own Maxwell Road Maple Grade A Dark Amber Maple syrup, Good Morning pours pitch black in the glass with a creamy mousse-like head. The bubbles give way to aromas of rich milk chocolate, cocoa powder, and dark amber maple syrup. The flavor starts as a blast of milk chocolate, sweet maple syrup, and rich fresh coffee as deeper complexities are uncovered as it warms. The crew here at Tree House tastes “chocolate covered maple candy”, “vanilla”, “chocolate cake”, “brown sugar”, and “fresh roasted coffee”. A super decadent treat, Good Morning begs to be shared and contemplated! (750 ML - $12) ** 1 750 ML limit **

ArchietheDragon likes this.
  31. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2014 Connecticut

Cans of Green will go fast. Only 16 cases left. So do I drive an hour for 1 750ml(limit) of an amazing sounding stout. Probably going to have to wait for another weekend :slight_frown:

32. RKing44

RKing44 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2012 Massachusetts

How deep is the line right now?

woodfinish, atdunn9 and TheOneTC like this.
  33. benbking

benbking Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2009 Rhode Island

a little dry but it sated her craving!

34. Jmr85

Jmr85 Aspirant (263) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Let the madness begin! !!!!

jomobono likes this.
  35. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (243) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

TWSS

36. deleted_user_722966

deleted_user_722966 Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2013 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

With the 1 750 limit, think GM could last til saturday? I guess it depends on how much is available.

37. pisano

pisano Zealot (553) Sep 18, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

What time do I need to get in line to be able to get a 4 pack of Green, 1PM?

38. DigitalNate

DigitalNate Initiate (100) Dec 20, 2010 Massachusetts

We have 13 sixtels of Good Morning for retail. Some set aside for EBF, a few for other things.

39. MattOC

MattOC Devotee (460) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

1pm tomorrow? It could be all gone by then. They open at 10 AM tomorrow. 16 cases remain (384 cans total) at 4 cans per person, that means 96 people to account for it all. It could all be gone tonight. Would think it would all be gone by 1 tomorrow with the 10 AM open.

pisano likes this.
  40. fivehooks

fivehooks Initiate (39) Jan 11, 2015 Connecticut

I bet there will be 96 people getting cans tonight. I would bet it will be gone by 6pm tonight. It won't last until Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.