Tree House Brewing Company - March 2015

Discussion in 'New England' started by MattOC, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman Initiate (0) May 24, 2014 Connecticut

For people who have tried both Lights On and Present Moment, which one do you like better?

2. Dicers

Dicers Poo-Bah (1,754) Sep 2, 2012 Colorado
    Fest Crew Society Trader

Growler of Good Morning arrived at my door this weekend and will be paired with dinner tonight.... Can't wait. Now to track down all these new releases... @DigitalNate you guys are madmen lately! Couldn't be happier!

3. Phillystile

Phillystile Initiate (0) May 20, 2014 Massachusetts

FYI: 3 Tree House sixtels (Present Moment, Lights On, TWSS Milk Stout) tapping at 3 PM today at McLadden's in Northampton.

Horbar, darkandhoppy and Evmo31 like this.
  4. JGLittle

JGLittle Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2012 Massachusetts

McLaddens annoys me. $7.50 for 11oz pours.

Beericjb and Horbar like this.
  5. Horbar

Horbar Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2012 Rhode Island

That is hard to swallow. Cheap bastards!

JGLittle likes this.
  6. JGLittle

I have resisted the urge to rant against them, it just annoys me that they charge "regular" prices for 14oz pours on all of the regular line up. I instead vote with my dollar and go elsewhere. They had Hoppy Birthday by Alpine on tap 14 oz pour for $8. Skipped it. With Dirty Truth, Hinge and Sierra Grill all in a few minute walk away I support my spots. End rant.

Gastone likes this.
  7. JGLittle

On the flip side, if McLadden's is getting kegs for the first time in 18 months from TH, maybe some other accounts that couldn't get any will be able to start adding to their lineup. And I also forgot to mention Foundry, which is right there as well.

8. Horbar

I wonder if Armsby is getting some? It will be the only place you might be able to get Tree House, Trillium and Hill Farmstead at the same time. Epic taps!!

9. MenardMa

MenardMa Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2011 Connecticut

McLaddens are definitely super pricey. I don't mind going there for a couple beers but if I know i'm going to be hanging out for a long time i'll go somewhere else. I get that they need to make a lot of profit to maintain a huge inventory of really good beers though, and their list is usually pretty awesome.

10. Goldfishman

Goldfishman Disciple (316) Jan 29, 2012 Massachusetts

All three breweries will have beer at the Armsby for stoutfest :slight_smile:

11. TheOneTC

TheOneTC Initiate (157) Aug 23, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Tree House brews are worth every bit of that price, especially when most craft beer bars in the area charge premium prices. But if I can drive 15 minutes to McLaddens for a $7.50 draft, or drive 30 minutes for twice as much at $7 at the brewery, it's a no brainer when you realize where the majority of the profit goes.

JGLittle likes this.
  12. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (264) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

and I can't freaking wait!

13. Goldfishman

Goldfishman Disciple (316) Jan 29, 2012 Massachusetts

Me neither I will be at the breakfast for the first time this year as well I will see you there

darkandhoppy likes this.
  14. mj0126

mj0126 Initiate (143) Mar 2, 2011 Massachusetts
    Trader

Just enjoyed pours of the IPAs at McLadden's. Obviously would've preferred the full pint, but happy to pay a little extra for the convenience. And once they really get cranking on the new setup, I have to imagine they'll be able to loosen up. Both had that signature Tree House hazy, fruity IPA goodness, with the tropical fruits shining through on Present Moment. Cheers to these Tree House guys, can't give them enough credit for all the hard work.

BeerKev11 and jomobono like this.
  15. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (444) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

U should have had the hoppy b day. Helluva beer. Juicy session brew.

16. JGLittle

I know, and now I have supposedly missed out until Fall. It was interesting that Duet seemed to be all over and Nelson and Hoppy Birthday were gone so quick.

17. Dicers

Fest Crew Society Trader

Just had my first Good Morning....!!!

18. Dicers

Fest Crew Society Trader

Good Morning is not the best stout from Tree House. There I said it! Triple Shot is!!! A difference of maybe 0.20 but just one mans opinion

19. Horbar

Best milk stout I've ever had.

20. patrickcmcd

patrickcmcd Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2010 Massachusetts

I hope to get some Present Moment this Thursday. I think 76 cases will last through the night....i hope.

Who can even imagine whats on deck?

21. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts

Tough to tell these days but I wouldn't be shocked if it was a Double Shot variant. Its been awhile since the last one. Also, almost guaranteed that there will be an IPA sometime this week

22. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (243) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

PM cans for 156 people and 5bbl for growler fills you should be gettin' something!

woodfinish likes this.
  23. Dicers

Fest Crew Society Trader

Ninja edit

24. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (243) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

Don't wake and post without coffee.

25. Dicers

Fest Crew Society Trader

I was thinking in my head oh damn I need a friend to go out there! glad you're back to the real world Mr. Omobono

26. patrickcmcd

patrickcmcd Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2010 Massachusetts

I get nervous, you guys.

eb1610 likes this.
  27. MattOC

MattOC Devotee (460) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

FOMO. Don't worry, there will always be more beer.

28. Horbar

What's with all the new Pale Ales? I'm not complaining because they've been terrific. Just wondering. Also, was C-12 supposed to be Beginner's Mind? Again another and awesome beer. They just keep turning them out. Great job!!

29. Hophead717

Hophead717 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Massachusetts

What do we think are the odds that there is a second canned offering for open on Thursday? I'm considering making my first trip to TH and would be excited to try Present Moment, but was sort of hoping for one of their IPAs to be available.

30. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts

I wouldn't be surprised

31. Berman1125

Berman1125 Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2014 Connecticut

I have no idea, but I would say decent? They have had plenty of time since canning PM...but they may want to run out of PM cans first

32. pwilliams211

pwilliams211 Initiate (0) May 21, 2014 Massachusetts

It's too early to tell because it has only been recently that production has been ramped but one can speculate...what's the end vision with the ramped production/new brewery and taproom. Does anyone think it can get to a point where production has ramped enough that you could hit the brewery on a Tuesday and grab a couple different 4 packs (let's say 1 of each Julius, Green, and TWSS as these are more of their "core" offerings and what most likely will be canned) as well as fill a growler or 2...or is TH far too popular that this is all just a pipe dream :slight_smile: I rarely can make it out there so it would be cool if it reached a sustainable point of productions so scenarios like this are possible! Thoughts?

33. Hophead717

Hophead717 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Massachusetts

It's too early to tell because it has only been recently that production has been ramped but one can speculate

34. BarRoomHero88

BarRoomHero88 Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2012 New York

With the ramp in production, it's becoming harder and harder for me to resist making the 2 hour trip out every Saturday!

35. jessehurlburt

jessehurlburt Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2014 Connecticut

I have no idea, but I'll speculate.
    My guess is they aren't yet fully ramped up. The blog post from December said once fully up and running they'd brew as much Julius in three weeks as they've brewed in three years. I bet the day will come where you'll be able to grab a mixed case of your favorites. I am really excited to start seeing the one-off variants this summer on the old brewhouse. So far they have met their timelines for expansion, so I'd guess we will continue to see more and more beer become available in the coming weeks. I still haven't had a chance to check out their new place, but I plan on making the trek this Saturday. Love me some TH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.