Tree House Brewing Company (March 2016)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by NiceBeerCans, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

I am not sure when or where the most recent comment by nate or someone credible was made regarding specifically late season maple syrup. If you are implying that theres no way I could know when good morning will be brewed, then you you are 100% right. I just like to speculate, and I think there is enough info out there to make an educated guess.

chinabeergeek likes this.
  2. Mikecap

Mikecap Champion (824) May 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Trader

Don't buy it. Problem solved.

Horbar, smutty33, HeyHayward and 3 others like this.
  3. JJGittes

JJGittes Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2015 Connecticut

Experiences vary, but I went to TH the last 2 Wednesdays between 3:30 - 4:30 and my wait was zero. Walked to table, bought cans, paid, walked out.

4. Jbrews

Jbrews Disciple (351) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

What do these hundreds of people in line at Treehouse and Bissel today do for work? It eats up half a god damn day, and my work is pretty flexible. Shocked if people use vaca days just for beer. It just amazes me how many folks can get to a brewery and stand in line for hours mid day on a weekday. It's impressive to see that many folks out.

Resuin, thed163, ke_long and 6 others like this.
  5. jlordi12

jlordi12 Devotee (470) Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts

I've never understood this.

thed163 likes this.
  6. DeanGeorge

DeanGeorge Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2013 Massachusetts

I assume they have an Ebay store for Tree House beer where they just sell the cans online.

jlordi12 and thed163 like this.
  7. sgulner

sgulner Initiate (161) Apr 16, 2011 Massachusetts
    Trader

I can attest to the ability of waiting in a line on a noon on a Wednesday. I'm a Nurse, so I have a handful of days off during the week. The stars aligned today, as my Wife was off as well and kept our 10 month old busy while I made the trek. Drinking my first Lights On now!
    However, I can't speak for the others, because as much as us Nurses love booze, it was definitely not all Nurses in line.

mschofield likes this.
  8. mschofield

mschofield Meyvn (1,406) Oct 16, 2002 Massachusetts

Some people live nearby, some are from out of state on big overnight brewery visit trips, some take a vacation day. I did today. I left my house at 10:30 hit Treehouse, Wormtown, Julio's and did some house errands and got home by 2 and since then I've been on my porch its 60 degrees plus 2 days after a snowstorm. I've got nothing to do but drink beer, read and play on the internet.

What could possibly be a better use of a vacation day? Go shopping for khakis?

Jbrews and schambach like this.
  9. ctbeerguy86

ctbeerguy86 Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2015 Connecticut

I work from 5:30 - 2:30, so yeah, some of us don't work 9 - 5 jobs. I have to get up at 4:30 every day and go to bed by 9. I'm lucky that my job makes this possible :slight_smile: even if I do wake up before the sun rises...

Horbar and Jbrews like this.
  10. breadwinner

breadwinner Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2014 California

DeanGeorge and Jbrews like this.
  11. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (2,064) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

breadwinner likes this.
  12. breadwinner

breadwinner Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2014 California

The fact that he's successfully sold several auctions and has another up currently would seem to indicate so! Craziness.

13. mschofield

We also got a flyover from a C130 right before opening today, I'm sure orchestrated by the Tree House crew in honor of Lights On and not just a regularly scheduled flight

14. purephase

purephase Initiate (172) Feb 23, 2008 Connecticut
    Trader

No, pilots have to be lucid to fly so that's an obvious sign that Lucid with Peaches bottles are finally dropping tomorrow. I'll be lining up at 6 AM, and I advise everyone else in this thread to do so as well :wink:

15. macandrewsRIP

macandrewsRIP Initiate (40) Oct 28, 2007 Massachusetts

Wait, back up the truck, what do you mean shocked???!! I've been reading the TH threads for months, if you TH die hards had not been fawning all over the place about TH, I'm certain the lines would be much, much smaller. But once the word gets out…forget it. I was finally able to swing a day off, yes a vacation day, left home at 1:15 and arrived at 2:15. Got the full allotment and am patiently waiting for the weekend. What i can't get over is the contrast between the rural, bucolic area, then BANG! Behind the barn is a line of 100 people, patiently waiting in line. It's like turning a corner, walking into the kitchen and watching your grandmother biting the heads off snakes….

JJGittes likes this.
  16. sgulner

sgulner Initiate (161) Apr 16, 2011 Massachusetts
    Trader

After my first ever trip to TH, and trying my first two ever TH beers, this is my synopsis: Julius=Craveable, Lights On= Crushable, Both= Awesome!

mschofield likes this.
  17. skleice

skleice Disciple (300) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

Looks like 1600+ through the doors yesterday. I was shocked when I rolled up at 3:15 and there was a pretty solid line. Still only took 15 minutes though. Surprised so many came out, but I forgot that this is a holiday weekend.

18. JGLittle

JGLittle Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2012 Massachusetts

Agreed, got there at 3:30p to the same solid line. Usually pretty quiet mid afternoon. Line still moved fast.

19. mattbrown15

mattbrown15 Initiate (0) Jul 8, 2015 Connecticut

I was a bit surprised that they had Lights On at 8pp (instead of 6pp) given only 3 canning runs this week and the holiday weekend. Not sure if they are trying to sell out of cans quickly in order to limit the crowds tomorrow, given that many people have the day off...

20. stearns16

stearns16 Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2010 Connecticut

This just in - Julius draws crowds!

21. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Initiate (0) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts

Which is interesting to me, for two reasons: one, it's one of their most regularly-available beers; and two, Green is so damned good it puts Dr. J to (a slight bit of) shame.

22. RKing44

RKing44 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2012 Massachusetts

Highest trade value.

eb1610 and berto714 like this.
  23. Piels25

Piels25 Aspirant (238) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Alter Ego canned today. 6pp.

24. mrz200

mrz200 Initiate (122) Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts

I live/work in northeastern Mass, but have a project in the Hartford area. I schedule my jobsite visits and meetings for Wednesdays as best I can. Leave jobsite around 1, get to TH around 2, send a few emails from line, back in the car by 2:30, back at the office by 4 to do paperwork for an hour. Repeat. It's a little bit of a bummer that I haven't had a TH growler fill in probably a year now, and that I've "only" had Eureka, Green, Julius, Lights On, AE, etc, but what can you do. I trade a little, and usually don't max out on Eureka or Lights On.

Jbrews likes this.
  25. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Sounds like traders just want a name, not the best beer... whoa.

I think I just blew my own mind.

eb1610 likes this.
  26. atakith

atakith Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2016 Connecticut

The bank I work at is open on the weekends so I tend to get a couple of weekdays off a month. Works out nice

27. atakith

Someone is spreading horrible rumors about good morning on the facebook.

28. DigitalNate

DigitalNate Initiate (107) Dec 20, 2010 Massachusetts

We will not have Good Morning this week.

29. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (354) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Seems like a weekly thing nowadays

skleice and atakith like this.
  30. atakith

Still making a second trip friday. Maybe I wont lock my keys in the my trunk this time.

stearns16, lic217 and Lupin like this.
  31. jgoulet2008

jgoulet2008 Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2016 Massachusetts

:slight_frown:

32. BucketsB

BucketsB Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2011 Massachusetts

No Good Morning, you guys know what that means...

Good Friday - you don't even want to know what you have to go through to get this beer

33. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

It's a Quadruple Shot brewed with maple leaf ashes used to draw crosses on people's heads and filtered through the Shroud of Turin. Also fish, somehow.

34. mschofield

People are already lining up at the Charlton brewery* for it, in anticipation of the 2018 release. One guy was complaining it wasn't as good as the last release.

* it's a medium sized oak tree right now, but some day..

35. Jmr85

Jmr85 Aspirant (275) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

This thread is getting ridiculous

36. HeyHayward

HeyHayward Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2013 New York

Luckily I'm self employed and can make it up there, from NY, every week/every other week. #NotADeliquent

beantown_hopster and Jbrews like this.
  37. genoint

genoint Initiate (0) Jun 17, 2015 Connecticut

You're a huge help, what I am saying is not criticism it is just an observation I made from what I tasted. If you aren't a fanboy, don't post, got it.

#597 genoint, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    atakith, beantown_hopster and RKing44 like this.
  38. wingnutter

wingnutter Initiate (0) May 18, 2005 Florida

Anyone know a ballpark of when Very Green might be canned again, and whats the can price on them?

39. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (354) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Tree House releases every limited release silently. It could be next week or next year. No way to predict what they will release.

I believe all the limited releases (King Julius, Very Green, etc) are $4.50 per can

#599 eb1610, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    wingnutter likes this.
  40. SenorQuesadilla

SenorQuesadilla Initiate (82) Jul 18, 2014 Connecticut
    Trader

Yeah we'll probably see it again this summer (not talking about cans) assuming they have another party but anything other than that would just be a complete guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.