Tree House Brewing Company (March 2016)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by NiceBeerCans, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (203) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

2. HeyHayward

HeyHayward Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2013 New York

This post can have two very different meanings depending on how you read "picked up".

beantown_hopster likes this.
  3. darkandhoppy

4. darkandhoppy

I let him mule for me too:slight_smile:

5. skleice

skleice Aspirant (299) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

Very cool of you. And the Armsby burger is absolutely ridiculous.

6. darkandhoppy

It was a fun afternoon. Neither of us had ever met, just here in the TH discussion. He was planning a pretty epic 2 week beercation and wanted to know if it was possible to get a cab from boston to Monson. I said don't do that, just check in when you're here. Everyone I told thought I was crazy. "how do you know he's not a crazed axe murderer?" All I could say was "I don't. For all he knows, the crazed axe murder could be me"

Horbar likes this.
  7. RuckIt

RuckIt Aspirant (211) Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

7. Minute. Abs.

It's like you're thinking Gorgonzola cheese, when it's clearly Brie time, baby.

8. nerdboy19

nerdboy19 Aspirant (253) Sep 20, 2015 Korea (South)
    Trader

That's really cool. I wish I can meet somebody like you when I get to Boston or Worcester.. not an crazed axeman lol :slight_smile:

9. zman_

zman_ Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2015 Massachusetts

Well, as far as I know I am not a crazy axe murderer. Just a med student who loves beer and thinks it would be a shame if you didn't get to experience tree house.

10. Macsimus

Macsimus Initiate (178) Feb 19, 2014 California
    Trader

Hope they let us know what is being canned for this week this morning......

11. berto714

berto714 Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2014 New York

They won't. They'll let us know one beer today, that's it. Cans are only announced once they are packaged.

12. Macsimus

Macsimus Initiate (178) Feb 19, 2014 California
    Trader

Any folks who go there a lot think they will have Julius this week?

Heading up that way for work next week and wondering if I should come up early and hit Tree House on Saturday.

13. Keithengelke

Keithengelke Aspirant (207) Jun 23, 2015 Connecticut
    Trader

They most likely will have Green this week. Usually they alternate weeks with Julius and Green

Razrback5 likes this.
  14. mrz200

mrz200 Initiate (122) Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts

Julius is up for this week. Doubt it will last until Saturday. It was on for cans last week and I don't believe it lasted even until Friday.

#694 mrz200, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  15. NEB_beer

NEB_beer Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2016 Massachusetts

Yes, they will definitely have Julius this week...

16. berto714

berto714 Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2014 New York

Julius in cans tomorrow though means that none will be left for Saturday. Maybe some will be on for growler fills though?

17. NEB_beer

That is true, there is no way the cans will last until Saturday...

berto714 likes this.
  18. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Initiate (0) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts

I think this is the first time I've seen them do Julius two weeks in a row. Certainly not complaining. If they regularly had Julius plus another of the printed-can regulars every Wednesday, that would be pretty awesome.

19. BeerTraveler33

BeerTraveler33 Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2015 Pennsylvania

Very surprised it wasn't Green today. And the 5 cans per person really dissuades from making a run. I would prefer more of a variety then green/Julius every week if the limits are going to be kept this low.

20. Lupin

Lupin Devotee (493) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

They did it back to back 11/2+9, 2/1+8, and back to back to back 11/23/30+12/7 evidently.

Green and Julius have been available together three Wednesdays in the past. Could happen again, but who knows.. I think lowering the limits is probably a good thing. It makes it less enticing for those from far away to hit up the brewery, shortens the lines, and keeps a few extra cans for Thursday, when I'm more apt to go.

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe likes this.
  21. ajcuster89

ajcuster89 Aspirant (205) Apr 14, 2014 Indiana

5pp is probably the lowest I've seen for a base offering on a Wednesday. TH is at least trying to make the cans last until the weekend. Problem is locals like me will just go multiple days during the week to make up for it :wink:

bostonwolf likes this.
  22. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

I doubt they are trying to make it last to the weekend, they are probably just hoping to offer a little better than 2pp Thursday.

HeyHayward likes this.
  23. ratwheels

ratwheels Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2011 Illinois

Julius kicked for fills on Friday last week.

berto714 likes this.
  24. atakith

atakith Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2016 Connecticut

Julius cans up 5 pp

25. dbphoto04

dbphoto04 Initiate (22) Nov 22, 2015 Massachusetts

seems like the limits have been getting lower as Wednesday's become more and more crazy.

26. Lupin

Society Trader

The last thing they want is to post "plenty for today" for cases on Wednesday and run out. Like I've said a few times here and on FB, never underestimate the effects of weather on people waiting outside for a couple hours for beer.

27. samuraichamploo

samuraichamploo Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2013 New York

My first visit to TH will commence in a few hours. I will arrive around around 10 AM. Bummer only one can for sale. I hoped two would be available. Heading to Trillium and Night Shift afterwards. First visit to them as well.

28. icfpny

icfpny Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2015 New York

They don't open until noon (unless they announced special hours somewhere). There's no reason to show up that early on can day.

Also, they'll likely announce another beer tomorrow morning.

29. skleice

They are planning another can run today, they just don't announce it until it's packaged. You'll probably walk out with 10-13 cans.

Evmo31 likes this.
  30. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

Lets hear todays guesses for what is being canned

31. skleice

I vote Green

32. NEB_beer

Can I guess Good Morning first??? Oh wait, they don't can Good Morning, except maybe this time they will can it and it will be the most amazing thing evar...

33. Jbrews

Jbrews Disciple (347) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

Could the low pp amounts be tied to getting quite cleaned out of beer last week with the Holiday weekend? I'm assuming they would try and brew more for that week which may offer less for the week after?

34. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (2,054) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

They've been getting cleaned out more and more with each passing week. Nothing to do with special holiday weeks or other exceptions, they're simply getting more popular while still brewing the same case amount week after week.

Not their fault, they're doing the best they can with the equipment they have. I assume they're maxing out everything, so it wouldn't really be possible to "brew more".

Jbrews likes this.
  35. wehaveamap

wehaveamap Aspirant (204) Jan 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

Maybe early for this but after really regretting not going last year, I've been getting so excited to hear details for the reunion party this year. With the explosion of popularity that happened around Thanksgiving, though, I'm worried we're either looking at instant sell-out or super high priced tickets. It'll be interesting to see what the move is this year.

36. Lupin

Society Trader

Last year was $125pp. Tree house isn't going to raise prices simply because demand is high; they're not the type of people to gouge. They may have to go to a lottery, though.

37. samuraichamploo

samuraichamploo Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2013 New York

I wanted to beat traffic out of NY, so yeah, I'm a bit early. Left directly from work so I can grab an hour or two of sleep in the parking lot. Will a line form around 11 or so? Might the second can be offered when they open at 12 or will I have to hang around? Thanks for info.

38. Jewrican23

Jewrican23 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2015 Massachusetts

Both cans will be available by 12. My hope and guess is green or the new haze cans

Evmo31 likes this.
  39. JGLittle

JGLittle Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2012 Massachusetts

40. Shwilly_Vanilli

Shwilly_Vanilli Initiate (154) Dec 20, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Haze today. 5pp. TH clearly making an effort to stretch their cans out through Sat, which I see as a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.