Tree House Brewing Company (November 2017)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ransom22

ransom22 Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2016 Uzbekistan

Lights On 24pp

YouEnjoyMyself likes this.
  2. YouEnjoyMyself

YouEnjoyMyself Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2014 Rhode Island

It still says +Thursday on the canning schedule.....any hope for an additional today? Or will the 24 pp on the Lights On be it?

3. ransom22

I write that off as poor editing. My OCD mind refuses to believe there's more to read into when it isn't removed.

4. Michaelpro824

Michaelpro824 Zealot (524) Nov 27, 2015 New York
    Trader

Yesterday the + Wednesday was left up for a while after the Dopp announcement.... and then Bright Sim/Am was silently released, so who knows?

5. Michaelpro824

Michaelpro824 Zealot (524) Nov 27, 2015 New York
    Trader

Also seems like when they announce so early, its cuz they're busily up to something. That may just be in my mind.

6. ransom22

The earlier the canning run post, the more likely there's another run slated to be announced closer towards open or there's a silent.

I think that's the "way she goes" with Tree House nowadays.

YouEnjoyMyself likes this.
  7. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Initiate (0) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear everything worked out! Enjoying the hoppy goodness?

bluehende likes this.
  8. mhull

mhull Crusader (415) Apr 11, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

This thread is gold

cdilisio, MmmmmmBeer123 and Beers-es like this.
  9. BEEPOP

BEEPOP Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2015 Connecticut
    Deactivated

Let's be honest. Talking about beer is boring as most of us don't have a clue on how to brew therefore laughing at "grape experts" and trashing each other's opinion based on taste buds is way more fun.

Schuee, ransom22 and hazymcjooceface like this.
  10. MmmmmmBeer123

MmmmmmBeer123 Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2015 Connecticut

This thread is like that old beat up skunked can of natural light that you find buried in your trunk when you're a teenager… You know it's going to be horrible but you also know you're going to just choke it down anyways

mattyg2k, MatthewGrapeHead and Rysk22 like this.
  11. errantnight

errantnight Initiate (0) Jul 7, 2005 District of Columbia
    Trader

Uh, neither.

cdilisio likes this.
  12. wehaveamap

wehaveamap Pundit (783) Jan 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

In the interest of further derailing, not gonna lie a coffee stout with Dunkin beans would be fine. You can make a pretty solid cup of coffee if you buy their bags of whole beans and grind them yourself. Even at actual DDs the cold brew isn't terrible. I'm not an expert by any means but I'm a fan of "good coffee" and I just don't think it'd be the difference between a good coffee beer and bad one. Maybe the difference between an amazing one and a very good one.

Double Shot: Dunkins would be a very good beer, I'd put money on it.

jaysker95, Rysk22 and Sabtos like this.
  13. Sabtos

Sabtos Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,486) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yeah...did a horizontal of Cycles 3rd Anniversary coffee stouts...quality of beans and variation only goes so far (read: not far at all).

The beer itself needs to be the primary focus, and it needs to be good to start.

Sure, don't source shitty material because it might be detrimental to your product, but don't source the holy grail of what amounts to a flavoring component either, because that should be enjoyed in its purest form and you're not going to get any of that by throwing it into a beer.

Some of the French pressed beers I've done with fairly basic beans have been far more delicious than many coffee stouts using the most vaunted beans they can find.

And give me a fucking break with this wino shit. This is BeerAdvocate.

14. NEbrewLife

NEbrewLife Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2017 Massachusetts

So, a friend of mine is close friends with a head brewer at a small brewery in the north east. The brewer over the years has gotten somewhat close the the guys at Treehouse. Word on the street is Treehouse drastically overestimated how much beer they would be able to scale up to on their move to Charlton. Apparently their initial estimates would be “impossible” to brew with the amount of hops available. As a result they are selling off a fair amount of hops to local brewers.

ransom22 likes this.
  15. Sabtos

Sabtos Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,486) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

So there simultaneously aren't enough hops to brew with, yet they are selling hops to other brewers?

16. lovindahops

lovindahops Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2010 New York

Maybe I’m reading what you posted wrong so apologies: if they overestimated what they can brew, then why sell the hops? Just use them.

NEbrewLife and Sabtos like this.
  17. TheNinthLetter

TheNinthLetter Zealot (692) Apr 16, 2017 New York
    Trader

Can hops go bad? Maybe they thought they’d be producing more by now but arent there yet so theyre selling them instead of letting them go bad (if thats a thing, no idea)

ransom22 likes this.
  18. Capt_Quint

Capt_Quint Zealot (626) May 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Grain of salt, taken.

ransom22 and Sabtos like this.
  19. agreenman19

agreenman19 Pooh-Bah (2,449) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Aren't hops a preservative?

20. beardfacejesus

beardfacejesus Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2016 Massachusetts