Trillium Brewing Company (2019)

Discussion in 'New England' started by SnugTeam6, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Nestor87

Nestor87 Initiate (70) Jun 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

This is confusing because Australia and New Zealand are not in South America.

2. wasatchback

wasatchback Disciple (328) Jan 12, 2014 Bahamas
    Trader

Haha, yup.. Southern Hemisphere... I’m an idiot, a drunk idiot at that.

Australian hop harvest I believe starts end of February.

New Zealand looks to be around the same time

#642 wasatchback, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  3. Nestor87

Nestor87 Initiate (70) Jun 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Ah, actually I should have been able to figure that out. Simple mistake. Sorry.

4. bobby_teddy

bobby_teddy Initiate (36) Jul 13, 2018 Massachusetts

I was told they were working with a new batch of galaxy starting in January. No specific statements were made as to the inter workings of the cross hemisphere hop supply chain. I asked the same question to the probrewers forum and they confirmed that in January they were working with a new batch of galaxy.

There are a few factors that effect hops including the temperature they are pellatized at. This in turn effects the alpha acids among other things.

You presume to know a lot without knowing any specifics other than the rotation of the sun. I personally assume to know no knowledge about how long it takes for a hop to go from a bud on a plant to a hop in my beer. I was told the new batch was better and it showed up in January.

Do you have any factual knowledge from your high horse that contradicts this?

5. Rysk22

Rysk22 Aspirant (218) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

A new honey and lactose DIPA, well at least it doesn’t sound too sweet...

9percenthurdle likes this.
  6. WTCrane

WTCrane Initiate (71) Jan 30, 2019 Massachusetts
    Trader

[​IMG]
    BA Macaroon Tuesday?

7. ransom22

ransom22 Aspirant (214) Feb 5, 2016 Uzbekistan
    Trader

8. MrEff

MrEff Initiate (35) Mar 21, 2017 Massachusetts

Super Secret Stairs on for growler fills in Canton, will be my first trip there since before the 'troubles.'

9. parg0

parg0 Initiate (49) Feb 22, 2018 Massachusetts
    Trader

BA Macaroon aged in rum barrels. Interesting. I'm excited to check it out.

jlordi12 likes this.
  10. TreeHouse_Erection

TreeHouse_Erection Initiate (199) Aug 7, 2018 Connecticut

Sounds awesome. Not the biggest coconut fan, but the rum barrels will make it all work together

11. LCC

LCC Initiate (194) Mar 2, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

Line updates at either place? I saw the 30 (fp) and 50 (canton) case update just now

12. ransom22

Trader

Lmao they heard my cries and returned to the fabric label for their Ba stouts

Verdict is still out on regular Macaroon being infected now

13. WTCrane

Trader

Im at Canton on my lunch break. No line, lot of people hanging out and drinking so parking lots full. But retail counter is constant line of about 5 maybe a 3 minute wait.

LCC likes this.
  14. j44thor

j44thor Devotee (409) Feb 24, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Was at FP about 30 min ago. No line when I got there about 10pp in line as I was leaving but did see a lot of tril bags on my walk. People prob hitting it during lunch break.

LCC likes this.
  15. LCC

LCC Initiate (194) Mar 2, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

Thanks guys

16. pointbreak

pointbreak Initiate (38) Dec 16, 2017 Massachusetts
    Trader

Dat lunchtime rush tho

There was a decent little line to the door at Fort Point, I didn’t get the chance to try it yet but feedback looks pretty good so far

17. WTCrane

Trader

I grabbed a pour at Canton and it was really good.

I find most Trillium stouts to be a little to sweet out of the gate when they are fresh. But this one was very balanced by the barrel, and rum. It was not as sweet as the original. The front is sweet, but not candy sweet, it was raisin or dark fruit sweet and dark chocolate. Its got a little heat, but nothing that would suggest the 15%. The rum barrel was a perfect compliment for this beer, Its blends very well with the coconut in the finish. I really liked it.

18. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (435) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Chew that bone @OnlyTheFinest ....

19. ransom22

Trader

20. Kraz

Kraz Aspirant (201) Feb 12, 2018 Indiana
    Society Trader

Wonder if they're doing the Fieldtrip again this year? I don't remember what time they announced it but I thought it was around this time last year.

It was a fun long weekend event

21. parg0

Trader

Yeah really hoping for the field trip again, last year was incredible and far and away the best lineup of any beer festival I've attended. I'm also hoping the greenway garden has a lot of guest beers again this year.

22. BRoweski30

BRoweski30 Initiate (78) Sep 10, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

Am I crazy or have prices at Trillium skyrocketed? I just stopped in for a draft and got a 10 oz Galaxy Cutting Tiles for $9.63 after tax. Almost a dollar an ounce for draft on-site? Wild.

The beer was pretty phenomenal but that price is outrageous.

23. BigStein88

BigStein88 Disciple (300) Nov 5, 2007 New Hampshire

I guess the question is if you knew the price ahead of time? If so, it doesn't seem all that outrageous since you decided to purchase it.

24. robo55

robo55 Initiate (59) Oct 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

.63 is for the tax man. $9 for a 10oz pour of a DIPA doesn’t seem that bad.

25. parg0

Trader

That price seems pretty reasonable to me, especially given what a decent IPA costs at most bars.

26. drunk_gnome

drunk_gnome Initiate (56) Sep 20, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

$9 for 10 oz seems excessive considering they’ll sell you a 32 oz growler for $11.

Skwalk47 likes this.
  27. Affinity

Affinity Initiate (48) Nov 24, 2018 Missouri
    Trader

I am going to Trillium for the first time on June 10 and visiting the Fort Point location. After following them on twitter it seems they do a lot of their weekly releases on Cellar Sunday, but generally have to-go beer other days of the week. Can anyone comment? I will be in town on Sunday (at a Red Sox game) and would swing by if that is the only day I can pick up stouts to go. Along those lines, do the stouts sell out quickly on Sundays?

28. WTCrane

Trader

Trillium usually releases a beer every day Mon - Friday and always have beer to go.

The Cellar Sunday that you are seeing are actually past released beers that they hold a couple cases of in their cellar (for either onsite consumption or for foot traffic on cellar sundays). They usually only bring up a handful of cases of the Stouts at 1 per person, and they usually sell out in a couple hours depending on the stout. The pastry stouts (the white lablels with a dessert) are almost always sold out within 2 hours. Night and Day and some of those other ones will hang around longer.

Ft. Point is open at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday so show up at or a little before open and you should be all set.

#668 WTCrane, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    jhavs and Affinity like this.
  29. Rysk22

Trader

Looks like they went back to offering 5oz pours for everything on tap in Canton according to Facebook. Great decision because the initial change was a head scratcher to say the least.

30. SnugTeam6

SnugTeam6 Initiate (86) Apr 7, 2014 Massachusetts

Today's Permutation 6.14 sounds great. Straightforward Citra IPA, tempted to snag some. The new Permutation labels are fantastic too.

Rysk22 likes this.
  31. JonnyJuicebox

JonnyJuicebox Initiate (148) Jun 3, 2015 Massachusetts

In-laws live unfortunately close to Trillium so I couldn't help but stop by today. The new citra permutation is good...if you've ever made beer yourself, it has this really raw backbone taste that reminds me of the smell of malts and grains being boiled. And a nice, bright clean hop taste too. Not dusty and muted, or cloyingly sweet like what I've tasted in Trillium this past half year or so.

And since ddh congress was there, I figured why not. Does anyone remember opening the old fort point bombers or growlers and the smell of fresh hops just burst out? Maybe it wasn't as explosive as my brain seems to remember, but opening this can didn't come close to that. Even getting close and smelling didn't bring out much...so I assumed the worst and took a drink. Was very pleasantly surprised. Bright, juicy and super bitter. No hop burn, no dustiness, no over sweetness. And no peanut taste most importantly.

32. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (435) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Nice to see you back...wonder if @Sweatybanana is still boycotting ?

33. 7irondave

7irondave Zealot (522) Jun 22, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

34. JonnyJuicebox

JonnyJuicebox Initiate (148) Jun 3, 2015 Massachusetts

Looks like his account is gone. Can only assume the Trilluminati finally got him

Davl22 likes this.
  35. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Zealot (553) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island

Good to hear, I was debating picking some up and now I think I will. Sounds similar to that malt company collab Pretzel beer some weeks back. Just a good easy drinker while still potent, no stickiness or residual sweetness to take away from the straight malts/hops.

36. ransom22

Trader

Wow. That’s sad news

37. Rysk22

Trader

Perhaps he decided to reform his life and stop being unnecessarily douchie all the time?

Jesse14 likes this.
  38. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Initiate (183) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

They had to... he discovered what the " new ferm profile" was.

39. SnugTeam6

SnugTeam6 Initiate (86) Apr 7, 2014 Massachusetts

Seconded on the Perm 6.14, really delicious, easy drinking IPA. Great stuff.

Had a can of Double Pier last night and wasn't too impressed, seemed a bit too thick and boozy for my tastes. Glad they're killing it per usual with most of their Permutations, though :slight_smile:

40. alexsergio

alexsergio Meyvn (1,427) Mar 7, 2011 New York
    Society Trader

Picked up some trill and TH from an illegal reseller(no judgment, I love this place) near my home earlier this week. Had a can of gurnet lighthouse tonight that had the strong peanut flavor. Good news is that spectacle island is veeeery good and I still have a can of perm 6.14 waiting for me.

Sorry for the interruption, back to your regularly scheduled trill bashing.