Trillium Brewing Company - December 2014

Discussion in 'New England' started by MattOC, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbrews

Jbrews Aspirant (272) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

I miss fort point pale ale so much too :slight_frown:

DucRacer900 likes this.
  2. a74gent

a74gent Aspirant (289) Mar 16, 2010 Massachusetts

You speak the truth. How about a few lawyer balls in the beer instead of puppy tears? Legal Ballin' Baltic Porter...

LeeMarvin likes this.
  3. cappy201

cappy201 Initiate (112) Mar 25, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

+1 --- This comment is basic common sense.

4. Stormfield

Stormfield Initiate (130) Feb 21, 2011 Massachusetts

I wonder if they will (or even if they can) send bigger shipments of bottles to shops this week. Craft Beer Cellar, Redstone, etc. It would be great if they could offset the closed retail space with off site sales.

LeeMarvin likes this.
  5. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Zealot (523) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts

It's a good question. The front of the house is closed, but are they still brewing at full speed?

6. BostonPhilly

BostonPhilly Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2012 Massachusetts

Someone had mentioned the pay to play thing or whatever, any other news about other locals being shut down from this?

7. JCTetreault

JCTetreault Initiate (162) Mar 19, 2008 Massachusetts

This

Shy5, LehighAce06, pveilleux and 28 others like this.
  8. jlordi12

jlordi12 Devotee (462) Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts

I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that this doesn't pertain to Trillium. Any legit beer bar would be happy to have them on at cost.

9. nolanz14

nolanz14 Aspirant (265) Aug 31, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

In the words of Aaron Rodgers - relax everyone. Once their legal issue is resolved go out and support them! I know I will!

Shy5 and jbeizer like this.
  10. patrickcmcd

patrickcmcd Initiate (102) Dec 25, 2010 Massachusetts

I'm sure its a misunderstanding that will soon be sorted out.

11. LeeMarvin

LeeMarvin Initiate (196) Jan 15, 2005 Massachusetts

Just let us know when to line up, JC, and we will be there.

nickmantia, MistyS and jrnyc like this.
  12. Jbrews

Sure will

jrnyc likes this.
  13. Jbrews

Remember your first time to the brewery(when they opened to tastings) and you had your first sip of FPPA, what a glorious day. They would line up the mini snifters and go through the lineup with you....oh I miss those days.

AirBob likes this.
  14. EnronCFO

That's actually the theory in my office at the moment. When I mentioned BPD was involved, his first thought was "Someone was probably selling weed out the back door".

15. EnronCFO

The Barrington coffee in Pot & Kettle wasn't actually cold brewed.

Jbev, MistyS, Ken_P and 3 others like this.
  16. IPAkindaguy

IPAkindaguy Aspirant (242) Aug 20, 2010 Florida

Hoping this gets resolved quickly and will be there to empty my wallet....i mean show my support once they open again. Loved visiting this place and stopping by row 34 next door.

jrnyc likes this.
  17. dubdrop

dubdrop Zealot (581) Aug 6, 2012 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Really hope they're back open for business by Friday. I'm going to a potluck on Saturday and was hoping to bring a few growlers so I could wow the socks off some suburb folk who definitely have never tried Trillium before.

18. Massbmx

Massbmx Disciple (346) Apr 5, 2011 Massachusetts

My theory is they called the BPD and ABCC on themselves to increase hype, or maybe they had a still hidden in the brewery and were selling double dry hopped shine out the back door.:wink:

Either way I can't wait for them to open back up, I've been a lot less motivated on my walk to South Station without being able to stop in for a sample and growler fill.

blckout20 and a74gent like this.
  19. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (436) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

10 beer geeks (including that whack-job mebully) kibitzing on BA is hype?

brikelly likes this.
  20. AshlandNacho

AshlandNacho Initiate (167) Apr 14, 2013 Massachusetts

Hahaha yah - probably has something to do with the difference in water between Sean Lawson's farm and the water in Connecticut

(And if you get this you read way too much Beer Advocate forum)

21. BostonPhilly

BostonPhilly Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2012 Massachusetts

That makes sense

22. JCTetreault

Hey all, unfortunately, the tasting Room continues to need to be closed. Instead of doing daily updates, please assume we will continue to be closed until you hear something further from us. its been really incredible to get all the messages of support, so thank you for those. And I know everyone wants to know whats going on...as I said, we'll be able to get more details out once we are past this.

Shy5, Shaymus, sleepydave and 8 others like this.
  23. ChrisMyhre

ChrisMyhre Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2013 Massachusetts

Bummer for you guys hopefully things get squared away soon.

jrnyc likes this.
  24. emannths

emannths Aspirant (231) Sep 21, 2007 Massachusetts

Does this mean the production side will continue to operate and we'll see deliveries to retail shops?

AdamsDTD likes this.
  25. AdamsDTD

AdamsDTD Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2011 Massachusetts

In the meantime is there a way to post when fresh drops are made at other retail stores (either here or on your social media accounts)? You guys are working your ass off and I'm sure there are a lot of people that would love to buy up whatever you're distributing in order to help - not that it normally lasts that long anyway. If you're just too busy to do that, no biggie. Just a suggestion.

26. Jbrews

Not good

27. Nightwish1094

Nightwish1094 Aspirant (298) Apr 24, 2010 Texas

I came into Boston for trillium part of NE beercation. There any good bottle shops near commons to find Trillium

28. AdamsDTD

29. DucRacer900

DucRacer900 Initiate (85) Aug 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Huge fan, big supporter, close enough to my office that I'm there probably twice a week.
    I'll be back as soon as you say the word......God, I miss that beer!

JCTetreault likes this.
  30. JCTetreault

unfortunately, there will be no deliveries made until we can reopen, so best bet is to call up the shops on the link that @AdamsDTD posted to see what they may have on hand.

AdamsDTD likes this.
  31. jlordi12

jlordi12 Devotee (462) Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts

Fort Point Market had a good number of Pot & Kettle Coffee, Double P&K & a wild saison on Monday . Good luck

32. AdamsDTD

OK - sorry to hear you guys can't even make deliveries until this is settled. I'll try to bring a pack of friends down the night you reopen. Cheers and hoping you guys the best!

JCTetreault likes this.
  33. JCTetreault

yep, I should have mentioned them too. just went over to grab some sushi...looks like there's maybe a few bottles of Stonington left.

34. nickmantia

nickmantia Initiate (110) Feb 19, 2011 Massachusetts

Looking forward to coming back in once you have resolved the issue. You guys make top notch stuff - you have my full support once your doors are open. I'll definitely be dropping some cash as soon as I can.

35. Shaymus

Shaymus Defender (627) May 16, 2009 Massachusetts
    Society

Be open by Friday Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:slight_smile:

36. ChrisInBaltimore

ChrisInBaltimore Initiate (65) Aug 25, 2014 Maryland

Just want to let you know we are driving up from Baltimore tomorrow to buy your beer as x-mas gifts. Although you may not be open (and we may not get any), we want to support you however we can so please let us know what we can do! We really hope you open by Saturday but certainly understand that you are working through some bad s#!t. We love your beer and are wishing the best for you!

37. N1Nkasi

N1Nkasi Initiate (0) May 28, 2013 Connecticut

If you check out their Twitter Page. Trillium follows 420

38. Cmack15

Cmack15 Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2008 Massachusetts

I was told that the brewery was destroyed by zombie aliens and has to be rebuilt. On a serious note hope the issue is resolved soon, because Trillium is the best brewery in MA

DucRacer900 and chipawayboy like this.
  39. EnronCFO

If you spend a few mins in the tasting room and listen to the usual playlist, it's not a surprise.

40. a74gent

a74gent Aspirant (289) Mar 16, 2010 Massachusetts

FPPA currently at Redstone as of noon today...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.