Trillium Brewing Company - December 2014

Discussion in 'New England' started by MattOC, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muzzy

muzzy Disciple (319) Apr 1, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

was thinking the same thing!

jrnyc and twizzard like this.
  2. Stormfield

Stormfield Initiate (130) Feb 21, 2011 Massachusetts

My pipe dream is 16 oz. cans of FPPA, Congress St., Trillium, and Pot & Kettle. An even bigger pipe dream: the Tetreaults become partners at the new Lord Hobo brewery (LH plans to release 16 oz. cans) and my dream of canned Trillium beers becomes reality. LH is supposed to have a huge brewing capacity. My imagination is running away with me. Call me a dreamer...

3. messrock

messrock Initiate (83) Dec 9, 2010 Massachusetts

No. Just no. Kickstarter funded breweries that have never brewed a beer are bad enough. Offering to pay their fines for them is ludicrous. I enjoy Trillium's beers and have plenty of respect for the crew over there, but the line gets drawn somewhere. Yes, it sucks that their license renewal never got processed, but they should have been more proactive than just coasting along. The state sends them a physical license that must be displayed in plain sight at the brewery. Somebody at Trillium, sooner than 11.5 months into the year, should have raised an alarm when they didn't receive it.

Shit, while we're at it, let's offer a kickstarter to pay the luxury taxes for the Red Sox so they could've signed Jon Lester…

brikelly, Robtobfest, bum732 and 2 others like this.
  4. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Zealot (523) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts

Seriously. It's not like they paid uber surge pricing on a drunken Saturday night. Those are the important things crowd funding is good for.

messrock likes this.
  5. Jbrews

Jbrews Aspirant (272) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

Too much kickstarter

6. Jbrews

19 days now, not good

7. twizzard

twizzard Defender (681) May 11, 2013 New York
    Trader

19 days is a disgrace. I don't care what anyone says.

bkabak, Jbrews, BigHoppy and 3 others like this.
  8. Jbrews

Had a surprise bottle of Trillium Mettle show up on the table last night for us to enjoy. Forgot how excellent this beer is. Long live their fantastic beers!

9. GiantCogs

GiantCogs Initiate (102) Oct 25, 2012 Massachusetts

Last night I had a bottle of Wake Robin with some home made Mac&Cheese. It was a divine combo. Trillium's Belgian styles don't get enough credit.

Ken_P and Jbrews like this.
  10. Jbrews

Halo....could drink buckets of it (well, if it wasn't for the alcohol poisoning)

11. mattosgood

mattosgood Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2014 Massachusetts

BA's just jumped the shark, officially. Someone just suggested crowd-funding for a brewery's fines.

I have an EZ-Pass, but my debit card expired and so when I went through the toll, it didn't register. I got fined $50, twice (because I did the same thing on the way home). It was a simple oversight. Didn't realize the EZPass was tied to the card number, not the bank account. Anyone want to crowd-fund my fine during the challenging holiday season?

12. parris

parris Zealot (550) Jan 18, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

Too bad your EZ-Pass violations aren't getting between me and beer that I want to be drinking, otherwise I'd be more than happy to pay your $100 worth of fines.

jrnyc likes this.
  13. mattosgood

mattosgood Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2014 Massachusetts

but it was on my way to and back from Tree House! Does that help?

14. twizzard

twizzard Defender (681) May 11, 2013 New York
    Trader

How long did they take away your driving priveleges? s/

Although I do agree with your sentiments about the crowd funding nonsense.

15. abagofit

abagofit Initiate (174) Oct 31, 2014 Massachusetts

You can get those fines removed if you just contest them. I've done it before successfully

16. Jbrews

Yup, call, bitch, but be rational and they will drop them. Pay what you owe.

17. Pwbres

Pwbres Aspirant (226) Mar 25, 2013 Maine

I don't understand the hate towards crowd sourcing. No one's holding a gun to your heads. Even though I never participate with the donations because I'm cheap, it usually leads to great results like more beer being made in the communities around me.

18. parris

parris Zealot (550) Jan 18, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

It certainly doesn't hurt your case :wink:

19. Pahn

Pahn Meyvn (1,454) Dec 2, 2009 New York

i have an idea. let's start a kickstarter to help ease the burden.

LeeMarvin likes this.
  20. Jbrews

Obama needs to step in and have another beer summit

brikelly and WitteBanter like this.
  21. Jacob007

Jacob007 Aspirant (243) Sep 18, 2012 New Hampshire
    Trader

I'm calling it time of death dec 15, 2014 2:27.

You will be missed.

22. JrGtr

JrGtr Disciple (397) Apr 13, 2006 Massachusetts

@Jacob: is there something you know that we don't?

23. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Savant (938) Mar 17, 2009 Washington
    Trader

No one knows anything in this thread. Its been 8 pages of nonsense.

24. Pwbres

Pwbres Aspirant (226) Mar 25, 2013 Maine

I want answers now or I want them eventually!

AlcahueteJ and Auror like this.
  25. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,117) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

Unless you have hard facts that you are willing to post here, your post is pretty irresponsible and offers nothing.

Kelp, MattOC and Brian_Burke like this.
  26. Jbrews

In all seriousness when they open up depending where they were in the brew process it could be weeks before they even have beer to offer. None of us know this but there is a chance they made them dump what they had. So I don't think either way there will be any beer right away even when they open back up. Other then the Older bottles now. That hurts

27. seanwhite

seanwhite Disciple (369) Jan 31, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

I think young @Jacob007 was referring to the death of the thread not Trillium. Everyone is uber sensitive while they deal with their lack of hops.

28. pehodges

pehodges Initiate (93) May 25, 2013 Massachusetts

Let's just call it W. Robin. Never good to use the word "wake" when the patient has been unresponsive for 19 days.

Ken_P likes this.
  29. F2brewers

F2brewers Champion (812) Mar 12, 2005 Massachusetts
    Fest Crew Society Trader

shutting this down for now since it's been reported several times and devolved into garbage posts. had to clean it up a bit.

if there's real news or if @JCTetreault has an update (shoot us a BM if you want it opened again), we'll reopen it or start a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.