Trillium Brewing Company (March 2018)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lansdowne24

lansdowne24 Initiate (54) May 30, 2012 Massachusetts

Just got my refund notice. Womp womp.

2. Skwalk47

Skwalk47 Initiate (111) Aug 31, 2010 Massachusetts

I got a refund for session 2, but I tried for both, wonder if that means I still have a shot at 1

3. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Devotee (490) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island

Not selected, and I tried the first session thinking more people would want to be available for retail shopping at Fort Point or Canton near opening. Oh well.

4. Dave_32

Dave_32 Initiate (58) Apr 7, 2015 Massachusetts

Anyone get an email yet?

5. JonnyJuicebox

JonnyJuicebox Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2015 Massachusetts

man, I totally ragged on a draft pour I had of Stillings St. a few weeks ago...now having DDH Stillings and it's absolutely perfect. No hop burn, just this crazy tropical, dry, vinous hop bomb. The can lasted maybe 8 minutes. I usually prefer the regular street beers to the ddh but this one is just amazing.

6. JoeK89

JoeK89 Initiate (147) Mar 29, 2015 Massachusetts

Stillings and Congress for me have benefited the most from double dry hopping. FPPA maybe third.

7. colby600

colby600 Devotee (459) Mar 24, 2015 Massachusetts
    Premium Trader

I was rejected for session 1 as well as a buddy of mine. My streak continues for all Trillium events. :stuck_out_tongue:

8. Dave_32

Got a ticket to session 1

Newport_beerguy likes this.
  9. dmolz

dmolz Initiate (121) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut
    Trader

won session 2. anyone gone prior years? do they do half pours like regularly or do i have to be super selective? list is excellent so far with just a glimpse so small pours would be sweet.

viper11tg likes this.
  10. Piels25

Piels25 Initiate (163) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Absolutely not true, having bought two bottles myself.

11. Piels25

Piels25 Initiate (163) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

It was still on tap as of the close tonight. The Trillium website was not up-to-date.

12. Rysk22

Rysk22 Initiate (166) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts

0-1 in anniversary party attempts. Wonder how many people tried for tickets?

13. Michael7

Michael7 Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2017 Pennsylvania

As luck would have it, business is sending me to Boston the end of the month, so I scheduled a late afternoon flight Saturday in the hopes of hitting up the Canton spot in the morning. Looking through the various beers on the Canton list, there are those that just speak of distribution via growler fills, but when looking at a specific beer its page shows a can. So, stupid question. Is a beer like (for example) DDH Melcher Street only available via a growler fill, or cans as well? I'd like to plan a little bit before getting there to get cans for my suitcase. Thanks folks!

14. Rysk22

When you go to the homepage of the website, scroll down to the Canton section. Under each beer it will say whether it’s available in either cases or growlers

15. RyanB31

RyanB31 Initiate (36) May 3, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

If they quote a can limit under available beers in canton (usually 1 case pp) then chances are cans are available, same thing goes for growler fills. Looks like they are out of DDH melcher cans, I would take a look at their twitter before heading there

16. Michael7

Thanks folks. I'll keep an eye out on their twitter feed, but I'll probably head over that morning anyway seeing that I'm there and see what I can grab.

17. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Devotee (490) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island

I know you mention morning, but they do not open until noon at either of their locations.

18. Michael7

Yeah pretty much what I meant. By the time I check out of my hotel and stuff, get down there, I'll be there around 12p.

19. kjlcm

kjlcm Initiate (182) Jul 16, 2013 New Hampshire

I am a big fan of the new model - release cans and then put on for growler fills when the cans run out. In the past it made little sense to buy a growler when you could get cans for the same price.

Rysk22 likes this.
  20. robo55

robo55 Initiate (42) Oct 29, 2015 Massachusetts

To be fair they have both options available from the release, but almost always sell out of cans before growler fills.

21. Rysk22

I don't think that's the case... several of the newest offerings are not on for growlers and the specifically mentioned after DDH Sleeper sold out that it was now on for growlers.

Regardless, I came here to say how good this latest batch of Mettle is. One of those batches that make you sit back and say "goddamn"

22. Jbrews

Jbrews Aspirant (267) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

Fyi- closed Tuesday

23. Skwalk47

Skwalk47 Initiate (111) Aug 31, 2010 Massachusetts

So in addition to what is on their website, here is some other info from an email my friend got (I got rejected, but he got tix to session 2):

Plus guest taps from:
    Other Half Brewing
    The Veil Brewing
    J. Wakefield Brewing
    Jester King Brewery
    Monkish Brewing
    Fonta Flora Brewery
    Sante Adarius Rustic Ales

Bottles from:
    Cantillon
    Drie Fonteinen
    Jester King Brewery

& more to come...

24. Jbrews

Jbrews Aspirant (267) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

Yup, definitely not worth the $25 :wink:

25. robo55

robo55 Initiate (42) Oct 29, 2015 Massachusetts

Damn. That’s an awesome lineup!

JCTetreault and Skwalk47 like this.
  26. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (422) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts

F’n Pow Pow really opening up after two weeks — Lupulin and Maris Otter proving to be a great combo.
    [​IMG]

27. KingDoubleganger

KingDoubleganger Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2018 Massachusetts

Anyone have any guesses whether Tiramisu will last on tap until Friday night?

28. von_kaiser

von_kaiser Defender (627) Feb 19, 2014 Connecticut
    Trader

perm 23 has been kicking around for a bit so i could only assume Tiramisu will as well

29. bsullivan

bsullivan Initiate (52) Aug 17, 2017 Connecticut

If Affogato was any indication, this should be on for a couple months.

30. djbrown13

djbrown13 Initiate (177) Jul 19, 2012 Massachusetts

it's so good even the glass is smiling!

chipawayboy likes this.
  31. joberlander

joberlander Disciple (310) May 30, 2014 Massachusetts

Anyone remember how much affogato cost. Was it the same $ 16 that tiramisu just was?

32. bsullivan

bsullivan Initiate (52) Aug 17, 2017 Connecticut

Yes, $16.05 per bottle

33. Dave_32

Does the Substation have TV's? Wondering if the NCAA games would be on there.

34. jimmyfausto

jimmyfausto Initiate (46) Jul 28, 2014 Massachusetts

Permutation 27 is on the site, but the link doesn't lead to anywhere. DIPA aged on peaches and apricots. $22 for a 4pk.

EDIT: and they just announced it for today.

35. HilltopBeer

HilltopBeer Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2013 Massachusetts

Sounds like a DIPA version of Hundred Thousand Trillion.

36. crowlcrowlcrowl

crowlcrowlcrowl Aspirant (215) Jun 13, 2014 New York

Speaking of, anyone else think we may see another Other Half collab w/ the tap takeover @ Trillium tomorrow?

37. JimmyCandles

JimmyCandles Initiate (23) Nov 20, 2017 Massachusetts

Hoping for an OH collab but who knows.

Is evil twin crowded tonight and how crowded was lawsons takeover? I'm assuming OH’s attendance will blow both those out of the water but wanted to get a baseline for tomorrow.

Do they run a line at the substation? And if so can it get long? I assume the de centralized location keeps some folks away.

38. Rysk22

I'd love that. The teased Pow Pow on the draft list of the Lawson's tap takeover but no teaser on the OH list so it will be interesting if they do release one

39. DrewLS

DrewLS Initiate (113) Oct 7, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

Evil Twin tap takeover at the Substation tonight was garbage. I asked the staff when one of the beers was going to be tapped and they had no idea what I was talking about. One of the exclusives was good but everything else is readily accessible in cans or bottles. Pretty disappointed.

Overall the Substation seems like a cash grab for Trillium. I have been there a few times at this point. Yes, it would be empty otherwise so it seems good for the community as a whole, but it's just soulless. That isn't to say I expect an amazing experience with bells and whistles every time I have a beer but it's not up to the standard Trillium set for themselves.

soheadyithurts and 7irondave like this.
  40. Rysk22

What standard is this? It's basically a mirror of the Canton taproom experience in a different location... same with the beer garden. Are you talking about the Fort Point closet sized-experience? Or are you from the future and their new brewpub is the tits?

Sheppard, Resuin and fiskey23 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.