Trip from Detroit to Louisville

Discussion in 'South' started by Gunson, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Gunson

Gunson Jan 17, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I'm going to be driving from Detroit to Louisville the first week of April, any good beers/stores to stop at along the way? What do any of you recommend?

What do I need to get in Louisville/ where is a great beer store nearby?

2. JimDH

JimDH Feb 7, 2011 Kentucky

For the trip:
    There are a few Anderson's store locations around Toledo. I was impressed with their selection in Columbus, so maybe look into that ahead of time for the trip back.

Dutch's in Cincinnati is a little out of your way, but the selection is good and all of the beers are stored in a walk-in cooler.

[Edit: I see someone on the Great Lakes forum recommended Jungle Jim's in Fairfield. I second that.]

And, of course, Louisville is covered in the post above.

3. Gunson

Gunson Jan 17, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I am also looking for any breweries or beer brands that are quality that I can't get in Michigan. I've had Firestone, and Green Flash, any others that are must haves in the area?

4. johnking82

johnking82 Jan 30, 2010 Kentucky

www.seekabrew.com

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe