Tröegs releases Nimble Giant – a beautiful and balanced Double IPA

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Jason, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (8,287) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Society

HERSHEY, PA (June 2021) – Tröegs Independent Brewing announces the release of its beautiful and balanced Double IPA, Nimble Giant.

One of the brewery’s most-loved beers, this once-a-year release rivals its iconic holiday ale, Mad Elf, for the excitement it generates each year.

Nimble Giant came up through the brewery’s small-batch Scratch Series, starting with an experiment with Mosaic hops. After about half a dozen test batches, the Tröegs brewing team landed on a hop combination everyone loved – Mosaic, Simcoe and Azacca – and never looked back.

In the end, Nimble Giant is rife with notes of grapefruit, pineapple and honeysuckle. Clocking in at 9% ABV, this deep orange double IPA is balanced by a backbone of pilsner and Vienna malt. It’s a big beer that goes down easy.

This fan favorite scores an ‘Outstanding’ on BeerAdvocate and consistently hits the top 10 trending beers on Untappd.

Nimble Giant is available on draft and in 4-packs and cases of 16-oz. cans everywhere Tröegs beer is sold.

To learn more about Nimble Giant and take a virtual tasting of the beer, please visit our blog.

[​IMG]

Follow us @troegsbeer on Instagram to see more creative takes on this beautiful and balanced Double IPA.: @beerliveshere

###

2. IronLover

IronLover Poo-Bah (2,010) Apr 17, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

I look forward to this one every year.

3. Fordcoyote15

Fordcoyote15 Savant (999) Nov 19, 2011 Kentucky
    Trader

I have never understood why this beer is a thing. I'm old school and love wcipa's/hate neipa's but it is beyond me why this beer is a point of anticipation or note worthy at all. It's so average today and 5 years ago as well.

Some how every year I try it again thinking I'm missing something but quickly realize I'd rather have had a fatheads, stone, columbus, bells etc year round offering instead.

ESHBG and JayORear like this.
  4. DrDemento456

DrDemento456 Poo-Bah (4,758) May 15, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

Haven't had it since last year it was a very good dipa I would seek out again at least pick up a few pounders.

5. DIM

DIM Poo-Bah (3,002) Sep 28, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society

I look forward to this every year. So damn good...

I love seasonal IPAs, freshness is a problem on PA. I saw 6 different Toppling Goliath IPAs at the distributor today and the "freshest" was best before March.

6. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (2,201) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Really? I'm pretty sure I see it on the shelves of a couple of local stores year 'round...:grimacing:

7. Giantspace

Giantspace Champion (861) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Last had this in July 2016. I gave it a 4.0 but there was nothing to make me go back. Make it $10 and I will try it again but at $13.99 plus it was not that good.

I have really been enjoying the Troegs pils this year. One of the better beers from them for my taste.

Enjoy

hillind and JackHorzempa like this.
  8. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (5,007) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

Anything specifically different/noteworthy about this year's Sunshine Pils?

Cheers!

9. Giantspace

Giantspace Champion (861) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Nothing different. I’m just drinking less IPA and the Pils is really enjoyable.

Enjoy

10. hillind

hillind Aspirant (268) Apr 24, 2010 Pennsylvania

Sunshine has become my go to pils, it’s the easiest for me to find fresh in my area and is cheaper than some of the smaller locals I enjoy.

ESHBG and BeastOfTheNortheast like this.
  11. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Meyvn (1,472) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Sounds like you need better stores.

jonphisher likes this.
  12. ichorNet

ichorNet Poo-Bah (2,016) Mar 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society

I gave this a 4.21 back in 2016 and I'll probably give it a shot again some time soon if I see it in stores nearby. I do remember it being quite solid, but the world of IPAs has changed quite a bit in five short years, so who knows how it'll stack up?

13. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (8,352) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

It's all subjective and at the end of the day who really cares? We all like different things and my opinion is, "If you enjoy it, then drink the heck outta of it while it's available (and fresh)".

14. EastHarris

EastHarris Initiate (31) Jan 9, 2012 Pennsylvania

I love Troegs, but these DIPAs (Lollihop, Nimble) are always muddled and boozy.

ESHBG likes this.
  15. eagles22

eagles22 Devotee (416) Sep 7, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Yeah same I even saw some best before October 2020 like wtf

DIM likes this.
  16. DIM

DIM Poo-Bah (3,002) Sep 28, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society

Thank god we have so many options. There is always something fresh.