Tröegs releases Nimble Giant, one of its most-loved beers

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Jason, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (8,604) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

June 10, 2020 - Tröegs Independent Brewing announced the release of its gracefully dank Once-A-Year Double IPA, Nimble Giant.

One of the Hershey, PA, brewery’s most-loved beers, this annual release rivals its iconic holiday ale, Mad Elf, for the excitement it generates every year.

Nimble Giant came up through the small-batch Scratch Series, starting with an experiment with Mosaic hops. After about a half-dozen Scratch beer variations, the Tröegs brewing team hit upon a hop combination everyone loved – Mosaic, Simcoe and Azacca – and never looked back.

In the end, the beautifully bold Nimble Giant is ripe with notes of grapefruit, pineapple and honeysuckle. Clocking in at 9% ABV, this deep orange Double IPA is well-balanced by a backbone of pilsner and Vienna malt and drinks effortlessly.

This fan favorite is rated 4.1 on Untappd and is a consistent top 10 global trending beer on the geosocial rating platform.

Nimble Giant is available on draft and in 4-packs and cases of 16-oz. cans wherever Tröegs beer is sold.

To learn more about Nimble Giant, please read the full story at our blog. You can also click here for a virtual tasting of the beer.

[​IMG]

###

2. Rocktire

Rocktire Aspirant (251) Jan 15, 2017 New York
    Society

Finally got my hands on some today. It did not disappoint.

Peach63, DIM, Blogjackets and 2 others like this.
  3. YamBag

YamBag Initiate (182) Feb 2, 2007 Pennsylvania

Not a bad beer, but I question why this comes out in the summer and Blizzard of Hops is a winter/holiday release. I get using the name Blizzard of Hops for a winter/holiday beer, but its a lighter IPA more suited for summer IMO.

hillind and ESHBG like this.
  4. Blogjackets

Blogjackets Devotee (422) Nov 22, 2017 Ohio
    Society Trader

Nice and hoppy as always, and a pint can. Love the Giant.

Rocktire, Peach63 and DIM like this.
  5. BruChef

BruChef Aspirant (218) Nov 8, 2009 New York

Agreed. Not to mention that Nimble is 9% and comes in 16oz cans and blizzard is 6.4% in 12oz cans. Makes little sense to me.

6. mmmbeerNY

mmmbeerNY Devotee (429) Mar 5, 2014 New York

My guess this beer is good, but with a 100 IPA /DIPAs on shelves and tons of local options I don't understand how most stand out anymore. The market for any one good beer has be smaller because so split between all the good options. As I've bought more 6/12packs or cases, I'm certainly finding it harder to try more variety, but would taste this if I see it

7. Speedy1985

Speedy1985 Initiate (35) May 1, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

A friend of mine from PA is a big Troegs fan, as well as I. He grabbed 2 4 packs and brought them to my sons graduation party Saturday. I've never had it and I have to say, it is very good. As for DIPAs I've tried, I'd put it right on par rating-wise with Kane's SBX for my taste.

Rocktire, jonphisher and DIM like this.
  8. BeastOfTheNortheast

BeastOfTheNortheast Devotee (482) Dec 26, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Trader

This is one of Tröegs best IPAs.

9. beerloserLI

beerloserLI Savant (995) Apr 2, 2011 New York
    Trader

Flying Mouflan - put it back out. I wants.

10. BeastOfTheNortheast

Trader

How about BA FM? Rumor has it that back in 2017 cases of the 2016 BA FM were dumped because it had been over a year old!!!

11. DIM

DIM Poo-Bah (2,823) Sep 28, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

MikeWard and beerloserLI like this.
  12. DIM

Society

I hope that isn't true. That wasn't the $48 / 4 pack patch was it? I just want some regular FM...

13. BeastOfTheNortheast

Trader

No, this was just the oak barrel aged for like $18? a 4 pack.

14. BusterBluth77

BusterBluth77 Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2020

Sigh. I too want the Mouflan which flies.

Many small breweries produce similarly priced big IPAs as Nimble Giant. None produce the Mouflan.

BeastOfTheNortheast and DIM like this.
  15. Steve_Studnuts

Steve_Studnuts Devotee (438) Apr 21, 2015 Pennsylvania

Did I step into an episode of Aqua Teen?

ESHBG and BeastOfTheNortheast like this.
  16. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Poo-Bah (6,885) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

I went to a Nugget Nectar event earlier this year, and that was the plea that I made to the Troegs rep. Bring back the regular version!

Just drank my last remaining bottle from the cellar.

hillind and beerloserLI like this.
  17. DIM

Society

Damn good batch of Nimble Giant again this year.