Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Trois Dames L'Amoureuse No. 2 Rouge

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Nutwood, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Nutwood

Had a couple of these on Friday and it was so good I went back for another yesterday. I think I might be in love. I for sure have a beer crush. I can't find much about this beer anywhere on the web, and it was not included in the beer listings here. It's not even on the Brasserie Trois Dames site that I can see.

I'm a bit of a novice at sours/lambic and the like, and certainly the newness of the style to me colors my judgement, but man, this was a pleasing brew. My mouth waters - literally - just thinking about it. The label notes "raisins de pinot noir", so it's either aged in a wine barrel, or is brewed with grapes (both?). There was a distinguishable woddy note, so I'm thinking barrel.

Just wondering if anyone else here has tried it. I had it at a Mellow Mushroom. I haven't had a chance to see if it's in the stores. I'll see if I can get a pic up later.

2. chuckycheese

Agreed, it's a real nice beer.

3. Nutwood

woody. I have no idea what woddy is but it doesn't sound very appetizing.

4. UCLABrewN84

I'll be on the lookout for this one. The regular No. 2 is really tasty.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe