Great Britain Trooper: A new premium British Beer from Iron Maiden and Robinsons Brewery

Discussion in 'Europe' started by MarcM, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuhndog

kuhndog Disciple (328) Sep 6, 2011 New York

Wow this is great news!! I just went to http://www.ironmaidenbeer.com/ and it says that it will be imported by Artisanal Imports USA and will be available at the end of summer.

2. Aye

Aye Aspirant (239) Jul 21, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

Picked up a couple from More Reasons less than 2 squid a pop. If nowt else it'll help keep visitors away from my Kernel bottles.

3. jazzyjeff13

jazzyjeff13 Poo-Bah (2,987) Nov 6, 2010 United Kingdom (England)

Saw this at Trembling Madness last week. Haven't grabbed one yet, but I suppose I shall give it a whirl....

4. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Zealot (596) Jul 4, 2008 Ohio

Fucking awesome...think of the family & style of beers they could produce based on Maiden's catalog alone...

5. marquis

marquis Crusader (726) Nov 20, 2005 United Kingdom (England)

Just spotted this.Medieval Beers are now in Colston Bassett , better known for the Stilton , about six miles from my home. I helped James and Julia at the beer festival they held over the weekend in a local pub.A very good do.

EmperorBevis likes this.
  6. EmperorBevis

EmperorBevis Poo-Bah (3,308) Sep 25, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

I got a bottle their Priest Hole from a local independent offy.
    The Mint Choc Stout, which was good but unusual,
    I went back to get the Courtly Love(which had been recommended to me)
    but they all of their bottles not just the CL were gone :slight_frown:

7. CwrwAmByth

CwrwAmByth Poo-Bah (1,721) Jan 24, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

Plus it probably wasn't his doing. More like Maiden's manager or record label signing them up to any brewery large enough to produce a decent amount of it (it being something bland enough to be accessible) for cheap.

8. EmperorBevis

I do recall on the promotional video
    A) Bruce Dickinson's uninspired ramble about real ale &
    B) Him saying that it was brewed to appeal to as many people as possible
    and you know what they say, yo try to please everyone & you end up pleasing no one.

9. WhatANicePub

WhatANicePub Initiate (182) Jul 1, 2009 United Kingdom (Scotland)

Haven't you read Pete Brown's article? Sounds like Bruce Dickinson was very much involved. http://petebrown.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/bruce-dickinson-lead-singer-of-iron.html

10. CwrwAmByth

CwrwAmByth Poo-Bah (1,721) Jan 24, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

11. marquis

marquis Crusader (726) Nov 20, 2005 United Kingdom (England)

Only on a Tuesday :slight_smile:

12. EmperorBevis

I thought he was Lord Iffy Boat-Race

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.