Trooper Beer Launches Limited Edition Collector Bottle Caps

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Todd, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (5,979) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

For all of you Iron Maiden + brewerania nerds...
    https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/trooper-beer-launch-limited-edition-collector-bottle-caps/

2. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,487) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

3. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (6,827) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Society Trader

We've got old stock in town in cans. If the bottles show up, I would buy some as it's pretty good.

Edit: apparently, I had the 16.9 ounce bottle after I posted my review of the can. Must have been much fresher cuz I upped my rating.

#3 Bitterbill, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Foyle likes this.
  4. Foyle

Foyle Savant (918) Sep 29, 2007 North Carolina

I quite enjoyed it in the canned version, although it was a little bit overpriced. Can't say I have ever been an Iron Maiden fan, so I don't much care about the collector caps, but I would drink Trooper again (bottle or can) if I managed to find it somewhere.

Bitterbill likes this.
  5. bubseymour

bubseymour Poo-Bah (2,519) Oct 30, 2010 Maryland
    Trader

I went to see Iron Maiden this summer and bought a bottle to share in our tailgate pre game. Was just ok, but the bottle cap art was awesome for my collection.....been keeping unique beer bottle caps since 1995. Part of a retirement hobby plan I have (either a table top or wall art) if I make it that long.

6. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Zealot (599) Mar 28, 2009 California

And as I lay forgotten and alone
    Without a tear I draw my parting groan

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
    Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

The trooper is such an awesome song!

The song is about the Charge of the Light Brigade. It should really be something more big more bold. It’s ight and forgettable unlike everything else related to this beer: band, song, meaning.

Those bottle caps are awesome though!!!

kuhndog likes this.
  7. zid

zid Meyvn (1,330) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

I think you'd be better off blaming drinkers for the marketing and BA score rather than the beer. Yep, it needs the Iron Maiden marketing to sell, but that's because current US interest in imported bitter is too low. Yep, the score here isn't great, but that's because it's being dragged down by reviewers buying it just because of the marketing who wouldn't normally drink English bitter. It's quite the vicious circle, but on the upside, there'd be one less imported bitter on the shelf without this marketing. Which brings me to the last point, it's not a particularly great beer and it's lacking in character... but with so few similar options out there, it's one of the few good ones.

Bitterbill and PapaGoose03 like this.
  8. gopens44

gopens44 Poo-Bah (2,021) Aug 9, 2010 Virginia
    Trader

My love for Maiden and adoration for the currency of Fallout will likely guide me to a decision on this one

Snowcrash000 likes this.
  9. Deaconhearer

Deaconhearer Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2019