Twin Cities Bottle Hunt - 2018

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by JakeJohnson, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidblain

Vidblain (0) Feb 17, 2017 Minnesota
    Trader

I was really hoping for Alpha Bits. I'd settle for Juicy as well though!

Ish1, NickMpls, nograz and 1 other person like this.
  2. pmccallum86

pmccallum86 (0) Apr 7, 2009 Minnesota

Anyone know when the next TG Pompeii can drop will be happening?

3. Ish1

Ish1 (0) Feb 25, 2010 Minnesota

From Clark's twitter feed, it looks like it all went to Boston.

4. pmccallum86

Dang, next time I'll be stocking up!

5. BillManley

BillManley (330) Jul 2, 2008 North Carolina

Oh God, I'm new here...what's SLL? I NEED some of these bottles.

6. gatornation

gatornation (2,080) Apr 18, 2007 Florida
    Society Trader

South Lyndale Liquors

7. NickMpls

NickMpls (0) Feb 13, 2016 Minnesota

1/30 is tasting great!! Friendly reminder that their ipa’s are good for 3-4 months easy :wink:

Ish1, pmccallum86 and Vidblain like this.
  8. will1256

will1256 (0) Dec 4, 2010 Minnesota

ECBP gone but multiple cases of MWND left at $95.

9. BillManley

BillManley (330) Jul 2, 2008 North Carolina

Any update on the Stagg Jr.? I'm assuming it's gone, but doesn't hurt to ask.

10. pmccallum86

Looks like Decorah Golden Nugget will finally be making an appearance, at least it will be available for tasting at F44 on Friday. Nice consolation...

ECOBOOSTINST likes this.
  11. Benj68

Benj68 (0) Apr 9, 2015 Minnesota

Most likely. I know a friend of mine bought 1 of the 2 left. I was really surprised they still had ECBP too.

Also, if any of you really like rye, their 4 Roses SiB BS Private Select has something like a 20% rye mash bill. So far, SLL is the only store I've seen to carry a 4 Roses Private Select in Minneapolis. Maybe there are others around the metro.

12. Rajaholick

Rajaholick (235) Jan 9, 2011 Ohio
    Trader

Stagg Jr still at ale jail and Scott's liquors last week I think

BillManley likes this.
  13. will1256

will1256 (0) Dec 4, 2010 Minnesota

Didn't see it but didn't look very hard

BillManley likes this.
  14. benjoh

benjoh (0) Oct 25, 2015 Minnesota

For anyone who missed grabbing the Barrel Aged Lord Humungus, there's still some on tap as of Tuesday night. Met my expectations. If you like the base beer it is a good excuse to head over! The marshmallow was a really smart choice. Not listed on their website, but then, it wasn't when I had it, either, so it might be worth a call if you're considering.

SasquatchB2 and Benj68 like this.
  15. HipHoppin

HipHoppin (0) Feb 11, 2015 Minnesota

I ended up getting a bottle of ECBP last night! Been hunting that for months. Still have half a bottle of MWND, but at $95 not sure I'd pull the trigger (got mine for $80 at TW).

The 4R private stock, is that the OESK or is that the SLL selected barrel?

16. Benj68

Both, it's the OESK and I believe they select the barrel. There's a label on the side saying "Specially Selected By" with SLL's logo below it. Just reading about the program, it sounds like 4R sets aside select barrels that they age longer & don't proof down and then invite retailers to taste and select themselves.

Beer_Economicus and gatornation like this.
  17. gatornation

Society Trader

I like your post on Rye & Barrel bottles.Have you tasted the SLL select 4R? Would like your input .

18. pmccallum86

Is this beeradvocate or whiskeyadvocate?

Anyone seen limited Napa Cabs around?

19. Grave252

Grave252 (0) Mar 12, 2017 Minnesota
    Trader

To be fair, I don't mind the occasional comment about a whiskey drop. Similarly hard to track down, and for those of us who like both, I appreciate it. That said, I suppose we would try and stick to beer.

20. MNBeer1017

MNBeer1017 (0) Mar 27, 2013 Minnesota

Whiskey updates yes

Monitors no

21. Ristaccia

Ristaccia (0) Nov 21, 2012 Nebraska

I'm sorry that the whiskey talk has impeded your ability to find beer, given that we're still on the same page as 2 days ago. Maybe don't be an ass?

SipIt, Cyclone8, ECOBOOSTINST and 2 others like this.
  22. BeerGuy8315

BeerGuy8315 (0) Apr 29, 2016 Iowa

Couldn't find a Rochester thread so I'm just gonna ask here and hope some southern MN folks are following. Any BA Darkness still hanging out in Rochester?

23. Benj68

I have! I picked up a bottle a few months ago. I have a baby palette when it comes to bourbon, but it is a big step of complexity above the regular 4R SB. It has some cherry finish that reminds me of Stagg Jr. You can definitely tell it has a higher rye mash bill, but it's a good thing.

gatornation likes this.
  24. Benj68

Hey man, just trying to help others out here. I had thought several people on here are avid whiskey drinkers, so in the once in a long while when I see good stuff around while picking up DDH Sue, I let others know. Given all of the talk about the Elijah Craig and Stagg Jr, my hunch was right. Others on here have done the same in the past and it's been a benefit to me. I was trying to give back.

Also, to be fair, the whole reason I posted about those bourbons was because I saw about a dozen bottles of Pirate Noir at SLL. Not my jam, but in the spirit of this thread, I posted about them as I know they've been in high demand. I didn't think mentioning highly sought after bourbon in the same post was a big deal.

25. Omensetter

Omensetter (390) Nov 24, 2012 Minnesota
    Trader

If you don't mind going an hour out of your way, the HyVee in Winona had tons when I was there a few days ago.

26. OrionsHunt

OrionsHunt (347) Jul 17, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

Just ignore the complainers and malcontents.

PMC being a douche and then liking your post, f-ing classic, hahaha.

27. HipHoppin

Do you think there's enough activity for a Bourbon Finders thread? I for one would visit it daily, my pocket book however...

28. morimech

morimech (1,282) Nov 6, 2006 Minnesota
    Society

If this is a legitimate question... it would be deleted within 24 hours on this site.

29. gatornation

Society Trader

Weldwerks will also be pouring at this years MN Craft Beer Festival,next month.

Vidblain and Boldbrew like this.
  30. nograz

nograz (345) Oct 30, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

We are not seeing distro of Weldwerks nor are they doing a multi state competition for distro.

This was a special deal a local distro worked out, basically helped clear out old stock and to do one more special drop in a month around the time of the festival.

ECOBOOSTINST likes this.
  31. jjbehren

jjbehren (0) Apr 23, 2009 Minnesota

Lunds & Byerlys also has a 4 Roses Single Barrel Barrel Strength store pick. I'm not sure which recipe it is, but they have one. I think they ask $80 for theirs, but I've seen it on sale for $65.

Keep in mind that it's not this batch that you've been hunting. The "B" batch (the one that won WA's Whiskey of the Year last year) is long gone. The batch that's dropping now is the "C" batch, meaning it's the third batch from 2017. It's still great, though.

Minnesota_beer_guy and NickMpls like this.
  32. HipHoppin

I noticed that, but in all honestly I was hunting it for the sake of never having tried it! C batch has been getting some pretty good reviews though!

33. Boldbrew

Boldbrew (0) Jun 26, 2017 Minnesota

Any spotting of Drekker Loki still around the cities? I've been trying to track some down.

34. craigerss02

craigerss02 (0) Feb 15, 2016 Minnesota

Shorewood Liquor is releasing a Four Roses Bourbon Barrel-Aged Smoke Bomb this week with Bank Brewing. Aged in a 11 Year Private Selection Four Roses Barrel. About a case wasn't presold, and is available. Contact the store to reserve up to 2 bottles per customer.

Boldbrew likes this.
  35. JakeJohnson

JakeJohnson (381) Jan 30, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

Casanova now carries Half Acre. They have gotten one-time drops in the last, but it sounds like they will start consistently getting it. They got a bunch of cases of Daisy Cutter today.

36. ECOBOOSTINST

ECOBOOSTINST (0) Jul 7, 2016 Iowa
    Trader

What are the chances that Shook or Orange Shake-O-Matic last until Saturday morning?...heading up to visit the parents

37. brbe6

brbe6 (0) Nov 26, 2012 Minnesota

I would say pretty good chance shake o matic cans will linger not so confident in shook cans.

ECOBOOSTINST likes this.
  38. NickMpls

NickMpls (0) Feb 13, 2016 Minnesota

Worst case, buy dreamyard and some dole pineapple juice

39. JakeJohnson

JakeJohnson (381) Jan 30, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

American Solera started distributing to Wisconsin this week. Milwaukee and Madison already have it. If bottles hit Hudson, I’m going to be a very poor person.

40. cheeseheadinMinneapolis

cheeseheadinMinneapolis (690) Sep 20, 2017 Wisconsin

Anybody know where there is bottles of Yoerg Bock & Brau Brothers Illbebock available in the twin cities?
    Anybody try Giesenbrau Doppel Bock?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.