1. Join us for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest on Sat, Sept 17 in Portland, Maine. Limited tickets still available: beeradvocate.com/belgian
    Dismiss Notice

Two Roads Release - What to expect?

Discussion in 'New England' started by RandomBattle, Mar 14, 2013.

1. CTJman

CTJman Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I'm taking the train into NYC after to hit up R&H and maybe another if any interest!

2. NJOssie

NJOssie Feb 28, 2012 New Jersey

Rattle and Hum? If so, is something going on there? I tend to stay away from that place. Its really nose dived the last couple years

CharlatanSin likes this.
  3. CTJman

Beer Trader

Just a quick hit off the train. Then we'll see. Meeting people there.

4. sandman3479

sandman3479 Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

This. Atleast hit Gingerman. It's 3 blocks away between the same cross streets

5. CTJman

Beer Trader

All depends on what's on tap. I'll look that up on the way in.

6. woosterbill

woosterbill Apr 6, 2009 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

How are things looking down there? I'd be shocked if there were 333 people in line at opening to buy their full allotments, but you never know these days.

7. NJOssie

Long line. They let us all line up inside. I'd say about 100 people here now

8. bigedct

bigedct Jun 23, 2011 Connecticut

Got ticket 411, 412, 413.

9. woosterbill

woosterbill Apr 6, 2009 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

Here's hoping it lasts at least until 10:30 or so.

10. NJOssie

There's still a long line.

11. DonSaleen747

DonSaleen747 Oct 2, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Wish I saw about the meetup! We got here at 8:30 just for the release. Line is still through the lobby

12. NJOssie

I didn't spot anyone opening bottles since they let us in early to line up.

13. CharlatanSin

CharlatanSin May 28, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Nice, orderly release. Also nice that we got to wait inside. Good job Two Roads.

14. jjpm74

jjpm74 Apr 10, 2005 Connecticut

Got there at around 11:30 and there were small lines. Got bottles 846-8. By the time I went upstairs, had the beer on draught (which tasted great), and got to the Sikorsky's to have them sign my bottles and their book, the sold out sign had posted. I think Two Roads did a great job managing the crowds and I had a fun time and got to try and take home some of Henry's Farm as well.

15. RandomBattle

RandomBattle Jun 25, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

Very good release. I got there very early which allowed me fast bottles and a seat at the bar afterwards. Wish I got to try the food trucks, but whatever. Beer was great, dare I say, not as good as the Southampton IRS, but excellent nonetheless.

16. TheLostGringo

TheLostGringo Dec 7, 2011 Connecticut

Got there early got my allotment and then up to the tasting room to try it on tap. Damn good and dangerously drinkable! Good job with the release and organization!

17. averagjoe3

averagjoe3 Jul 9, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Draft was cold, ugh, needs to warm up a lot

zipper8650 likes this.
  18. RC51Mike

RC51Mike Dec 17, 2004 Delaware

We were coming back from the Defender boat sale in Waterford and more or less stumbled upon this event. Missed the bottles and just saw the Sikorskys signing the last of them. Had Igor, white IPA and Road to Ruin and enjoyed all three. Road to Ruin was a particular good beer IMO. Absolutely great location and bar, friendly folks and staff. Love the food truck idea and the pizza and fries were great. For those of you living nearby, you are very lucky. We thought it was the best brewery/pub we've been to yet.

CTJman likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe