Tyranena Brewers Gone Wild Releases

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Ri0, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lionhawk

Lionhawk Aspirant (220) Nov 14, 2012 Iowa

did maple make it thru the weekend and still have growler availability? thanks

2. smurfbeer

smurfbeer Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2008 Wisconsin

It was still available Sunday afternoon.

3. tyranena

tyranena Initiate (21) May 24, 2005 Wisconsin

Because of the limited quantities of Who's Your Daddy? and Doubly Down 'N Even Dirtier produced, bottles of each will not be distributed outside of the brewery.

The Devil Made Me Do It! should ship to Chicago next week. Chicago also received Balling The Queen late spring/early summer of this year.

4. tyranena

Yes. The Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Maple Porter should be available for at least several more weeks... and available for growler fills.

5. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (6,522) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Society Trader

Thanks for being a constant presence and keeping your fans posted on tasting room and distro details.

6. bigthirst

bigthirst Initiate (106) Jan 30, 2013 Wisconsin

Is the web sight "tap list/bottles to go" updated nightly?

.....just trying to figure out if I should head home the long way (about an hour out of my way) and will have to decide before they open at 430 (so calling isn't an option unless I would have done so last night, which would have been the smart move)

*looking for DD and WYD in bottles, and growler of maple

Thank you

Nachos4two likes this.
  7. tyranena

The website is not updated daily. Doubly Down 'N Even Dirtier and Who's Your Daddy? are available on tap and in bottles. The Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Maple Porter is available on tap and for growlers fills.

While the Tasting Room is not open until 4:30, the telephone number is answered during the day in the office. The people in the office can answer any Tasting Room questions you may have... so no need to wait until 4:30 to call.

#207 tyranena, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Yohann and bigthirst like this.
  8. Kbyfield

Kbyfield Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2009 Wisconsin

Wait, what? Has it been in bottles this whole time?

EJ1 likes this.
  9. tyranena

Oops... no... meant growlers!

10. Kbyfield

Kbyfield Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2009 Wisconsin

dammit! (But hanks for clearing that up before a bunch of people drove over there :wink: )

11. bigthirst

bigthirst Initiate (106) Jan 30, 2013 Wisconsin

Awesome thank you @tyranena for the replay and the info on the phone line
    great info and response time

12. bwelch21

bwelch21 Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2014 Wisconsin

Has anyone tried the Grapefruit Imperial IPA available in the tap room? Looks like no bottles but sounds like it might be worth a growler fill. Also noticed the Maple Porter is still around, which is amazing.

13. beermanben

beermanben Disciple (343) Jan 23, 2015 Wisconsin
    Trader

I've had it. It's similar to grapefruit sculpin but stronger. Definitely worth a fill IMO

14. Ri0

Ri0 Poo-Bah (3,070) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society

I have had the Grapefruit and Blueberry IIPAs. Both are very good and only add a hint of the fruit flavor to the base IIPA.

15. EvilMidnightBomber

EvilMidnightBomber Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2015 Wisconsin

Did not try it when I was there on Wednesday because I only had time for one beer and it had to be Carnal Knowledge In the Wood (Rye Barrel). The guy next to me had a pour of the grapefruit, then ordered a howler after a few sips so it must be okay.
    Maple Bourbon is still there as of Wed. (happily got a howler full). No more bottles of Doubly Down, though, and CKITW is not available in bottles or growlers.

Hendrick24 likes this.
  16. Ri0

Society

Good to know that CK Wood is now available.

17. wisconsinbeer1

wisconsinbeer1 Aspirant (224) Nov 11, 2004 Wisconsin
    Trader

How much for a howler of the grapefruit ipa and maple bourbon?

18. bwelch21

http://tyranena.com/on-tap/

Grapefruit IIPA - Howlers (32oz):$9 and Growlers (64oz) :$16
    Maple Bourbon - Howlers (32oz):$9 and Growlers (64oz) :$16

The website says they still have bottles of Doubly Down for $11/4pack, but hasn't been updated since 12/16.

wisconsinbeer1 likes this.
  19. Hendrick24

Hendrick24 Defender (649) Sep 6, 2013 Wisconsin

I probably have already said this but that maple bourbon porter is sooo freakin tasty. I stop in every so often for a pour and howler fill and really can't believe it's still available on tap.

Wait, never mind, that beer is no good, move along, nothing to see here.... :wink:

Mitchell57 likes this.
  20. MadUnvi

MadUnvi Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2015 Wisconsin

Tyranena just posted a new beer on FB:

"New beer on tap today in the Tasting Room: Blood Orange Imperial IPA featuring Citra and Azacca hops. This beer boasts big, bold citrus and tropical flavors and aromas. Available on draft and growler fill only."

Definitely looking forward to stopping in for this one!!!

21. Hendrick24

Tyranena just posted they have another new beer going on tap today: S'mores Imperial Milk Porter.

I was already planning to stop in today to try the Blood Orange DIPA and grab some Benji's, so this is an awesome bonus!

Nachos4two likes this.
  22. EvilMidnightBomber

Skipped Benji's last time I went by there (not big on chili beers, and Doubly was still on tap), but hope to stop in tomorrow to try the S'mores. Anyone know if they're doing growler fills on that one?

23. Hendrick24

Yes they are.

EvilMidnightBomber likes this.
  24. Ri0

Society

Looks like a Saturday visit is in order. :slight_smile: It would be fun to have it next to K4 Threat Level Midnight S'mores stout.

25. Jerktookmyname

Jerktookmyname Initiate (0) May 31, 2007 Wisconsin

I thought Tyranena's S'mores beer was much better than Karben4's. More balanced, not overly sweet. I didn't care for the blood orange IPA, which I thought was harshly bitter without any juicy orange flavor.

That said, I'm pretty stoked about all these brewery exclusives at Tyranena. Most of them have been excellent!

26. WITTBEER

WITTBEER Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2008 Illinois

If I'm not too hungover next weekend after O'so and Central Waters I might stop there on my way home.

27. AstraXtreme

AstraXtreme Initiate (136) Mar 21, 2014 Wisconsin

Got growlers of both the blood orange IPA and the Smores porter last night, and was very impressed with both.

The blood orange had a slight tartness from the oranges and the hops really brought out what you'd expect from a cirtusy orange IPA. I didn't think it was overly bitter, but could have used a touch more sweetness.

The smores porter was pretty much a bottled smokey camp fire. Decently thick. This one as well could have used a little more sweetness to give it that marshmallow dimension. That's where Smore Money knocks it out of the park. This one was very good though.

Ri0 likes this.
  28. _mark_s

_mark_s Aspirant (239) Feb 27, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Has anyone seen any 4 packs of Benji's around Chicagoland? Would love to grab a few.

29. robear

robear Initiate (0) May 24, 2014 Wisconsin

Benji's is in MKE, so I'd guess it will hit Chicago soon.

Really solid smoked Imperial Porter, the pepper is just barely there but adds a little dimension.

30. tyranena

Windy City just released this on Monday. The report I have seen says it has been shipped to Binny's (South Loop, Evergreen Park, Lake Zurich), Cardinal Liquor (Crystal Lake), Archer Liquors.

Yohann and _mark_s like this.
  31. EvilMidnightBomber

Tyranena just posted on Facebook that Wrath of Rocky is coming back! It's in the tap room tomorrow, and it will be bottled for tap room release and limited distro (Madison, Milwaukee, Fox Valley). Super-psyched for one of my favorites from last year, didn't think we'd see it again so quickly.
    Might be a good excuse to take off work early tomorrow and hit the tap room.

Hendrick24, bound4er and Ri0 like this.
  32. Ri0

Society

Drinking my last bottle tonight. Damn is it delicious!

33. EvilMidnightBomber

Picked up two 4 packs of Wrath today, and a howler of the S'mores. The S'mores surprised me, wasn't expecting a whole lot from it, but it was a nice, rich milk stout with a touch of smoke. Would definitely get another fill of that one. Wish they'd do growler fills on the Doubly-Down...

MadUnvi and Ri0 like this.
  34. Ri0

Society

So I guess I'm going to have to see how this is different from Carnal Knowledge in the Wood. Unless it is the same beer different name?
    [​IMG]

Nachos4two likes this.
  35. tyranena

The base beer is the same. The wood is different... bourbon barrels instead of rye whiskey barrels.

Yohann, jRocco2021, MadUnvi and 5 others like this.
  36. Barrelagedbatman

Barrelagedbatman Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2014 Wisconsin

For anyone in the fox valley I believe the Source public house has the BB maple porter on tap right now. Just a heads up. Love that beer. Needs to be bottles.

37. EvilMidnightBomber

Few things more exciting than Tyranena barrel-aged beers in bottles. And sounds like there will be limited distro on this too! Will probably try and get to the brewery this weekend anyway, do not want to miss this one.
    And yes, that BB Maple Porter is amazing. Get it while you can.

Nachos4two likes this.
  38. kkleu357

kkleu357 Crusader (784) Apr 2, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

Tyranena barrel-aged beers in my belly. That's more exciting.

s_wit, EvilMidnightBomber and MadUnvi like this.
  39. Ri0

Society

Wrath of Rocky hit some Madison stores Friday. :slight_smile:

40. bwelch21

Which ones? Haven't seen it anywhere on the West Side/Oregon...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.