Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Unreconcilable by Bobcat

Discussion in 'New England' started by FutureOBrew, Dec 26, 2012.

1. FutureOBrew

Beer Trader

Went on a beercation this past weekend to Vermont. While there, stumbled upon what seems to be a new beer from Bobcat...Unreconcilable a Barrel Aged stout( TWStandley and I were told the barrel came from HF full of their brettanomyces). We tasted and was this a unique flavor for sure, it had a very light mouthfeel and had a noticeable kola flavor. Needless to say a nice surprise.

Has anyone else stumbled upon this beer or had the luck of tasting? Thoughts?

TWStandley likes this.
  2. duchessedubourg

Beer Trader

Enjoyed it very much. Is the latest in one offs from Mark - previous one was "Unrepentant."

3. ilovermont

Beer Trader

Technically it's 'Nonreconcilably'--a BBA Unrepentant finished with brett.

Tried it twice so far...once at the Bobcat and once when a few bottles made it out of the restaurant for distribution/at-home-consumption.

Really dig the brett treatment. The stout's peppery flavor nicely shines when consumed warm.

Another solid offering from Mark/the Bobcat.

4. bostonbeans

Subscriber Beer Trader

Mark is the Man! Heard there is a nice porter coming to town with a BA treatment... CAN'T WAIT!

5. SupremePie

Snagged this the other week at Bevy and couldn't be more excited to try it. Glad to see its living up to the quality I have come to expect and appreciate from Mark

6. TWStandley

Beer Trader

Very interesting indeed. I echo Futureobrew's comment about it tasting like cola. Definetely a unique brew!

7. iwantmorehops

Beer Trader

Not a huge fan of the base beer, or Brett for that matter, but I opened a bottle of this last night and it was just great. Amazingly unique beer, and really hard to describe. Keep these wild barrel beers coming Mark!

8. benz08

Think I may have snagged a bottle of this a few weeks ago at Hunger Mountain Co-op. Is this the only of his beers that they've done with brett? just remember bourbon barrel aged with brett. Forgot the name of the beer and I'm too lazy to go downstairs to look.

9. FutureOBrew

Beer Trader

Yes, that's the one . I got it at Hunger Mountain as well... I believe I put the wrong name in the ( oh darn) but either way it is bourbon barrel aged with brett and tasty and unique.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe