Unwanted Whales 5.0 Signups

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Urbancaver, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsilva

jsilva Initiate (0) Nov 10, 2009 Massachusetts

When is the shipping window for this one? Ill be out of the country from the 10th to the 19th.
    Ohh and Lou Pepe Gueuze 05 isnt 10 ten years old :wink:

2. Urbancaver

Urbancaver Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2009 Ohio

shipping window will be late-ish august... probably Aug 16-26 or something like that

And I know... but I took it anyway

3. Urbancaver

The List is up:

http://urbancaver.wordpress.com/unwanted-whales-bif-2/5-0/

IF you submitted a bottle that made the list (or bottle(s)) you SHOULD have gotten an e-mail from me. Check your e-mails folks :slight_smile:

4. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Poo-Bah (3,840) Dec 13, 2009 New York
    Society Trader

matched one submission on this one. rather shocked at what made the list over my other submission that didn't make the cut, but one one man's non-whale is another man's whale i suppose. what is the deadline to submit our rankings?

5. Urbancaver

Deadlines and such will be sent out soon...

Some of the acceptances might not make a lot of sense but keep in mind... I didn't just take what I assumed were the top 50 "value" beers... Some acceptances are out of curiosity, some rejections due to too many bottles accepted (and not matching) in the past rounds :slight_smile:

6. OneBeertoRTA

OneBeertoRTA Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2010 California

If we received the acceptance email does that mean both bottles are in if we see them on the list?

Cheers!

7. Urbancaver

yes... individual e-mails will go out in the next day or two...

8. CheapBeerBuzz

CheapBeerBuzz Champion (885) Dec 20, 2011 California
    Trader

Damn...I missed the signup. I guess my bottle of 3F Millennium and my 3F 2002 Vintage Oude will have to wait until Whale BIF 6.0...

9. futura123

futura123 Initiate (0) Jul 29, 2010 California

I thought you only like "Cheap Beer". How come you pull out such big whales every single time?

10. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2008 Oregon

Ranked things yesterday, thought about them today, and I think I'm ready to go.

11. Number45forever

Number45forever Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2012 Vermont

Yeah, I started my rankings then started stressing out about them. This isn't going to be easy...glad Cam is giving us a week or so!

12. jsilva

So if i rank one of my bottles really low and it matches multiple bottles do you give us the highest ranked match possible?

13. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (5,393) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Society Trader

I'm not much of a whale hunter so I'm unreasonably jazzed about this one. By my count I've only tried about 8 of he entries, so my odds of getting something new to me are pretty good!

14. Urbancaver

That is the goal!

15. CheapBeerBuzz

CheapBeerBuzz Champion (885) Dec 20, 2011 California
    Trader

My whales taste better because I am buzzed off the cheap stuff. Think of it as beer googles for beer...

16. jsilva

Thanks cause i was just gonna put anything i wanted above in no particular order but now i suppose i should pay closer attention.

17. vissai

vissai Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2010 California

Do we just hang tight when we are done? There is a "completed" field on the top should we type yes when done?

18. Urbancaver

Yes. Change completed to yes when youre done

19. beermebaby89113

beermebaby89113 Initiate (0) May 3, 2007 California

I did my ranking and really hope the way I ranked things some bottles will move. I think just wanting to try different things should be more motivation then just "beering up."

20. NarcoSolo

NarcoSolo Initiate (0) Jan 1, 2012 Pennsylvania

w/r/t the DL 04-12 vertical, that should be 9 bottles, but the volume column indicates 176 oz, which would be 8 bottles. Is that just a math error?

21. Urbancaver

I will double check but I believe that is simply a math error

22. DavoleBomb

DavoleBomb Poo-Bah (2,972) Mar 29, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

I ranked one of mine pretty low, so hopefull I'll get to try something tasty.

23. Urbancaver

38% submitted!

24. suspect

suspect Savant (955) Apr 12, 2010 New York
    Society

A question for 6.0 - would b1 LeBleu make the list?

25. Urbancaver

Not sure. The decision on what makes the list is made after submissions are in and thresholds are based off what else is submitted for that round!

26. chewy08rx

chewy08rx Initiate (45) Jul 12, 2006 Minnesota

Not much chatter this time around. Hope my submissions result in a "match" :slight_smile:

27. Thehuntmaster

Thehuntmaster Initiate (0) Sep 2, 2009 South Africa

I don't think I was specific enough with the last one. I knew it was a mass spectrum, but since Wikipedia says " Not all mass spectra of a given substance are the same" I assumed it would be impossible to tell exactly what substance it was :slight_frown:

28. Thehuntmaster

Thehuntmaster Initiate (0) Sep 2, 2009 South Africa

Blegh, don't type in forums early in the morning, especially when you have a hangover! My previous comment was meant for the science is cool LIF!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.