Upright Brewing - Jeux d'eau

Discussion in 'US - West' started by thatisgrossman, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dphi

dphi (200) Apr 14, 2013 Oregon

Were you there right when they opened? Might have seen you there if so. Also tried the cider/saison, very nice.

2. TysonA

TysonA (0) Dec 12, 2010 Washington

Anyone know if this is gone yet? Was thinking of hitting the brewery on Friday.

3. Shmeal

Shmeal (0) Nov 9, 2009 Oregon

Should be plenty left.

4. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel (0) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon

wow, I was expecting them to sell out since they were saying it was a really limited run. Now I wonder if it's worth going to the 15th anni if the next day one could just walk in and grab some.

5. vurt

vurt (1,141) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Society

Yeah, I was there around a quarter after, at the table closest to the tap handles. Where were you sitting? I should've paid better attention to the room...

6. vurt

Society

After hearing the description of the 5th Anniversary saison yesterday, I'm not willing to take that chance. It sounds terrific.

7. digita7693

digita7693 (0) Jan 19, 2010 Germany

I love taking people there for the first time. It really tests the limits of their trust as you lead them down dark passages and winding stairs...

Prufrockstar and waltersrj like this.
  8. John_M

John_M (1,903) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

My thought as well. Also, anyone hear if they're doing anything special for their anniversary. Newschool simply mentions the hours of the anniverary and release event party, but it was unclear if they're doing anything out of the norm for their anniversary. (you know, like maybe putting on a keg of fantasia for the occasion...:-).

9. waltersrj

waltersrj (0) Dec 16, 2010 Washington

Lol. The first time I went I thought Google Maps lied to me because all I saw from the outside was the coffee shop...upon further inspection you can see the tiny ass Upright Brewing sign pointing towards the building like "come find me." Once inside it still isn't exactly pointed out as to where you should go to find Upright...but you see a staircase and assume "must be down there!" Go down about 5 dungeon levels fighting various mythical beasts and defeat the boss and THEN you can see the door and are rewarded with "loot" aka killer beers...

10. crusian

crusian (0) May 14, 2010 Oregon

So, how is it?

11. m4ttj0nes

m4ttj0nes (0) Feb 21, 2012 Oregon
    Trader

i really enjoyed the draft version, although as others have mentioned it is young.

i've heard mixed reviews of the bottles, they seem to have a "jucier" fruit presence than the draft..the only thing i'm hearing on both fronts is that the beer needs time to develop.

NWer likes this.
  12. dphi

dphi (200) Apr 14, 2013 Oregon

I popped in on my lunch break so I only had time to grab a few bottles and a taster before heading back to work.

13. DimensionX

DimensionX (0) Oct 1, 2010 Oregon

as much as I love Upright 20$ is a lot for a bottle that might get good.

14. Gobigvt7

Gobigvt7 (0) Mar 15, 2008 Oregon

I liked it fresh, I have a feeling I'll love it with a year. I'm a sucker for grape-beer mashups.

15. NWer

NWer (0) Mar 10, 2009 Washington

There's always a risk. I'm happy to take my chances.

16. leftoverburrito

leftoverburrito (0) Sep 29, 2011 Oregon

I describe Upright to my friends who've never been there as a nuclear fallout shelter complete with a brewery in it. But after reading your description, you win.

Abbbp and waltersrj like this.
  17. distantmantra

distantmantra (745) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

My wife thought I was crazy when I told her that Upright was in the bottom of that building...

18. SeaAle

SeaAle (345) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon

The old record player playing vinyl albums makes the place even cooler.

digita7693 likes this.
  19. kscaldef

kscaldef (0) Jun 11, 2010 Oregon

I'm starting to feel like the only person who never had any difficult finding Upright.

"The tasting room is open from 430 - 9pm Fridays, 1 - 6pm every Saturday and Sunday afternoon .... We’re located in the basement of the Leftbank Building at 240 North Broadway... To find the tasting room simply enter through the fir doors on the west side of the building (on Wheeler street) and take the elevator in the lobby to the basement."

This is hard?

msubulldog25 likes this.
  20. Shmeal

Shmeal (0) Nov 9, 2009 Oregon

Nigh on impossible Kevin.

21. OregonHopmonster

OregonHopmonster (0) Jan 15, 2011 Oregon

Upright is impossible to find. I'm not even sure it exists. Don't bother looking for it. (It is much like Red Peak)

sharpski, waltersrj and digita7693 like this.
  22. waltersrj

waltersrj (0) Dec 16, 2010 Washington

Obviously you're the only person with access to this specific part of their website :slight_smile:

23. vurt

Society

Looked like Jeux D'eau was still available today at the 5th Anniversary Party.

Also: I really enjoyed the 5th Anniversary Saison. Many good things going on in that beer.

24. crusian

crusian (0) May 14, 2010 Oregon

The store room was open today, so I may have accidentally wandered in. Lots of jeux... What's for sale though... Who knows.
    As for the anniversary... Was happy to know it was like $12... It was pretty nice, a lot going on with it... But I passed.

25. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel (0) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon

Yeah I was surprised that there was some still left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.