Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

British Columbia Vancouver Craft Beer Market leaked tap list?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by magerob, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magerob

magerob Sep 4, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)

Found this posted on a thread on reddit with someone asking for beer pairing advice and listing BC area charcuterie. 138 beers listed so I assume it's Craft Beer Market.

[​IMG]

JasonLovesBeer and Lurkaholic like this.
  2. Lurkaholic

Lurkaholic Jun 14, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Fantastic find Rob. Living nearby I've been curious to see what they'd bring in.

As for my reaction... that's a solid Meh. Very meh indeed. At least they included Storm, I guess.

3. smg11

smg11 Jun 11, 2010 British Columbia (Canada)

^ Or, as it says on the list "Strom Brewing Black Plaque Stout".

4. Boozecamel

Boozecamel Feb 25, 2011 British Columbia (Canada)

Much as expected. Hopefully the rotating taps will brighten up the list a bit. At least the Fruli will make my wife happy.

Rutager likes this.
  5. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

Yeah. That radler too, great beer for people who hate beer.

6. JasonLovesBeer

JasonLovesBeer Mar 27, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)

[Assuming it to be true]

Somehow Alibi and St. Aug's are able to offer more exciting options with one third the taps. There are plenty of good beers there to keep me satisfied if I were there, but it's not a destination list by any means.

FondueVoodoo likes this.
  7. Rutager

Rutager Oct 18, 2010 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Pretty much as expected. Like Lurkaholic and Boozecamel said, good to see Storm beers and Fruli (same reason). Aslo nice to see Gigantic. Hopefully they have a beer engine or two but I won't get my hopes up

Also anxious to try this Alexander Keiths that's listed under the IPAs. Love a good IPA and somehow this one's flown under my radar!! Old jokes aside, check out the review at the top of the page here before it's removed. Classic. Wish I could "like" a review...

JasonLovesBeer and FondueVoodoo like this.
  8. flowbee

flowbee Jan 23, 2007 British Columbia (Canada)

Sorry for yawning in your face, Craft Beer Market.

9. Boozecamel

Ditto. Sleeman Clear +124.3%

Rutager likes this.
  10. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Oct 24, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

They tweeted a few days ago they'd have Jolly Pumpkin on tap. Guessing that's one of the rotating lineup. Not sure if a small selection of taps is going to be enough to convince the beer nerds to keep coming back, unless they can get stuff nobody else does. Anyone going to the Sneak Peek?

11. magerob

magerob Sep 4, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)

I'm sure they'll invite me now.

Lurkaholic, Kump and Rutager like this.
  12. KStark

KStark Jul 13, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)

This is not a new concept.

The Yardhouse chain with like 50 places in the States has the same set up 130+ draught beers from all around the world . But you take your chances because If there isn't enough turn over you can get beer that is in poor condition ie: sucks.

13. hoser

hoser Feb 17, 2003 Alberta (Canada)
    Subscriber

Seems just like Alberta Craft Beer Market's, inducements and bought lines.

14. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

So I was walking past it just now, and a bit of a surprise this, but they opened to the public today! I'm sitting at the bar right now. Don't think the staff realised they'd be opening today either!

And just in case there was any doubt - that is their taplist.

15. Boozecamel

Was surprised to see the tv's on. I should have tried the door! Anything good on the rotating tap list?

16. JonnyBeers

Beer Trader

What the hell? I was invited to the sneak sneak peek on Nov 5th, there's a social media sneak peek the 6th (that they're still giving away tickets to) and then open to public on the 7th as far as I know. Weird...

17. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

Glad you asked, I took a number of (terrible) photos of the main list here: http://imgur.com/a/wyIbN.

Here's the rotating tap list:

[​IMG]

The GI Collaboration is an imperial red which they ordered from GI themselves (and I didn't try). Surprised to see take the black stout on tap! But sadly it's not cleared customs yet. And at that price... for 300mls... forget it.

Price wise, one interesting thing to note- all beer is $2 off on tuesday, so 400ml pours of almost all their locals (including Black Plague) for $4.25. And another thing about tuesdays - that's their cask night, and next tuesday they'll apparently have an P49 Ugly Sweater cask as their inaugural. There was also murmurings of a CAMRA discount on all full price pours normally too, but wasn't able to find out how much that was.

So yeah! Not too shabby. I'll probably swing by for the cask night next tuesday if anyone wants to join me :)

18. JonnyBeers

Beer Trader

I got an entire bottle of the GOT beer for $9... Also got the Elysian one for $6... LOVE BC TAXES! Will continue to drink mainly locals when I'm out and about unless it's something very rare. 400ml pour seems really weird.

19. Kump

Kump May 23, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Did you find out if that $2 off deal was every Tuesday? I suspected it was just yesterday, but would be pleasantly surprised if it's every Tuesday (4.25 locals+cask night? works for me).

I tried the GI collab (which they dubbed Red Dog) and it was pretty good. Nicely balanced with some berry notes to it.

Also a shame is the fixed flights, but they kind of have to do that to not drive themselves insane and get rid of aging stock I suppose.

20. JonnyBeers

Beer Trader

Note to self: don't buy flights of old beer at CRAFT Beer Market

21. Kump

Kump May 23, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Note: Purely speculative reasoning. I have no proof.

22. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

Yep, it's every tuesday- which makes the prices a lot less mental. I think they have other $2 off offers on other days too - like $2 off all BC beers on Wednesday, for example - but that's second hand information.

23. Torontoblue

Torontoblue Jun 12, 2005 Alberta (Canada)
    Subscriber

And MKT, which is a poor last to the multi tap bars in Edmonton.

24. Lurkaholic

Beer Trader

I should add a small disclaimer here. I walk past this every day on the way home, which makes me a lot more forgiving - but please don't interpret my mild excitement as anything other than a local person happy to live nearby. I wouldn't bother travelling to it were it not part of that route, I am not the target market... just in case anyone's holding my credibility in even lower esteem as a result of my posts in this thread :)

25. JonnyBeers

Beer Trader

Stopped in for the 'industry' sneak peek tonight. Really cool place, from an engineering standpoint their tap line system is pretty impressive. Blue cheese burger was great as well. Nice atmosphere with a bunch of industry reps and friends walking around. The only bad thing, had I had to pay for my 3 beers, with tip it would have been about $30! So, I'm happy they had a welcome night and that the beers were on the house :D Celebrator on tap was pretty sweet.
    Also the most impressive glassware selection I've seen (aside from the fact they served me Bam Biere in a shaker glass lol) They had 'industrial' thick walled IPA glasses too custom branded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe