Vegan/Vegetarian Craft Beer restaurants in Chicago

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by MarcatGSB, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

I will be travelling to Chicago for the Goose Island Loading Dock Party on June 6th, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a restaurant that has some solid vegan dining options, but still has a nice craft selection? Thanks in advanced!
    -Marc

2. goodstrongbeer

goodstrongbeer Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2009 Illinois

Check out the Chicago Diner- http://www.veggiediner.com/wp/?p=479
    Edit: not a craft beer place but a veggie diner with some craft beer.

You could also find a place without a liquor license, and byob.

3. ravot

ravot Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2012 Illinois

Revolution has a veggie options not sure on vegan. Plus pizza I had a tofu sandwich a few weeks. Was killer.

4. mbierz

mbierz Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2008 Illinois

The Northdown has a good amount of vegan options and fantastic beer.

5. immobilisme

immobilisme Aspirant (213) Nov 8, 2005 Illinois

Revolution definitely has 2-3 vegan options. Just ask your server what can be made vegan.

6. Lognar

Lognar Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2012 Illinois

The Country Fried "Steak" at Chicago Diner is absolutely amazing. I had it when I was vegan, and even now it's in still in my top 5 best meals of all time.

7. MarcatGSB

That looks like the ticket right there my friend! Thanks so much for all the suggestions!

8. emerge077

emerge077 Poo-Bah (13,638) Apr 16, 2005 Illinois
    Society Trader

+1 on Northdown, several menu options there and they can make dishes veg for you.
    One more is Handlebar for vegan/vegetarian, they have a great patio, and its near other places.
    Bad Apple also has a few options for vegetarian burgers/sandwiches.

9. ravot

ooh yah, handlebar, how can i forget that place. vegeterian/vegan place, plus seafood options.

10. dmsulli

dmsulli Initiate (159) Jan 30, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Mana Food Bar in Wicker Park is an entirely vegetarian restaurant with some craft brew options. I think they have a daily happy hour special of 2 sliders and a Laugunitas IPA draft for $7.

11. 1koolspud

1koolspud Initiate (60) Jun 30, 2008 Illinois

Believe it or not, Kuma's Corner has vegetarian options for most, if not all of their burgers.

12. Keffa

Keffa Defender (610) Jan 8, 2009 Ohio

I don't know if I would take suggestions from a Gooner... :stuck_out_tongue:

13. ravot

yah, i get the veggie burger all the time. as long you hold the random meats off of the beef, you're golden. i miss their waffle fries :slight_frown:

14. MasterSki

MasterSki Poo-Bah (7,052) Dec 25, 2006 Canada (ON)
    Moderator Society Trader

Yep - although their menu is quite clear that absolutely nothing can be made vegan.

Haymarket has a number of vegan items too - Vegan Burger, Sweet Potato Tots, Chili, and various vegetable sides, in addition to your standard veggie pizzas, Mac n' Cheese, etc.

3 Floyds will make something for vegans on request, but I don't think there's anything permanently 'on-menu'.

15. Canesfan22

Canesfan22 Initiate (0) May 2, 2011 Illinois

Mana is also right next door to Bangers and Lace and a quick walk to Small Bar Division...two of my favorite craft beer spots in Wicker Park. And the mushroom sliders are pretty solid.

16. ravot

^ good to know about 3 floyds special requests. didn't know.

17. MarcatGSB

Some really great suggestions here, can I take it another step and ask of you fine folks to recommend an Ethnic-as-possible Indian restaurant? No beer needed, just pillows on the floor and bowls of masala and naan bread. ​

18. MasterSki

MasterSki Poo-Bah (7,052) Dec 25, 2006 Canada (ON)
    Moderator Society Trader

ravot likes this.
  19. ravot

People love Ethiopian Diamond. a couple of places in the city, i never been to either, but really want to. pretty authentic food i hear.

MarcatGSB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.