Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

British Columbia Victoria beers!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mbraun, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mbraun

Mbraun Sep 2, 2010 Saskatchewan (Canada)

Hey Folks, i'm going to be in Victoria in a couple of weeks and know of all the breweries i want to check out but realized i have no clue about Beer stores! are there any stores of note or am i better off just purchasing stuff from the breweries?
  2. ericj551

ericj551 Apr 29, 2004 Alberta (Canada)

Breweries are a good bet for a lot of their beers (Phillips, Driftwood and Hoyne all do retail I believe), but they often only have their most recent releases. I would recommend the Strath on Douglas if you're downtown or Hillside Liquors (on Shelborne). Hillside has great prices and they occasionally pull out vintages of local beers (I hear they have 2008 and 2010 Old Cellar Dweller at the moment).
  3. kelvarnsen

kelvarnsen Nov 30, 2011 Ontario (Canada)

Vancouver Island Brewery makes excellent stuff too (at least they did when I lived there).
  4. LampertLand

LampertLand Nov 2, 2011 British Columbia (Canada)

Best bet for buying 'craft beer' in Victoria , visit the breweries and pick up a growler ,
    or try and visit one or all of these stores , Hillside Liquor Store , Liquor Plus - Douglas ,
    (both $ , ok selection of local and imports)
    Cascadia Liquor - Quadra , Spinnakers Spirits Merchants - Vic West , The Strath on Douglas
    (all three $$ but good selection of local and imports)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!