Victory Brewing Company Introduces Hop Ranch Imperial India Pale Ale

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by RonMexico, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymasterpiece75

mymasterpiece75 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2010 Texas

An actual "hop ranch" is what came to my mind. I actually assumed it was a wet hop beer before reading about it.

Cool ad.

2. cestlavie

cestlavie Initiate (0) Oct 27, 2011 New York

FWIW- Had this at GABF, and it smelled and tasted like the dankest bag of ..... you've ever bought in your life. You know, if you are into that sort of thing. Extremely DANK.
    Either way, very different from Dirt Wolf, but also a fantastic take on a Double IPA. I would give it a 4.75, since I gave DW a 5.

PlayaPlaya likes this.
  3. bulldogbrewhaus

bulldogbrewhaus Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2012 Virginia

This speaks volumes and are my thoughts exactly. Wow it's been a long time since I posted. I need to make the drive up to Victory.

seanchai and Starkbier like this.
  4. dedbeer

dedbeer Initiate (0) Jun 23, 2013 Illinois

How are they better know for lagers? Just because they have the most popular pilsner doesn't mean they're focused around lagers. By far the majority of their beers are ales.

5. fmccormi

fmccormi Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2010 California

Sweet. Sounds awesome. Get it in me.

6. Omnium

Omnium Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2013 Pennsylvania

Having a couple of the Ranch series IPA's on tap by them, I'm really really looking forward to this.

7. YamBag

YamBag Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2007 Pennsylvania

Maybe in bottles, but at the brewe

8. Starkbier

Starkbier Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2002 Maryland

Bill and Ron came from well known lager brewers - Baltimore Brewing Co (Theo DeGroen, Weihenstephan) and Dominion Brewing (Jerry Bailey with Rob Mullin now of Grand Teton, John Mallet now of Bells and Ron Barchet of Victory). So the original plan was a Festbier (Ur-Maerzen), Pils (reconstructed from DeGroens Pils with homage to Waldhaus and Vogelbrau), Export Lagerbier (original Brandywine Valley Lager) and that one odd ball beer HopDevil IPA ( loosely based on my old homebrewed New American Ale made with Centennials). HopDevil rapidly pulled out in front of the pack and the rest is history as they say.

Personally, I always keep a keg of Braumeister Pils or Havest Pils on tap at home. One of my all time favorites is Dark Lager aka session Dunkles but that type of beer is not raved about in these circles enough.

SwillBilly, JackHorzempa and Pahn like this.
  9. Sesmu

Sesmu Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2007 Massachusetts

Starkbier likes this.
  10. garuda

garuda Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2010 Pennsylvania

I hear it's just a tweak of the Hop Wallop recipe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.