Scandinavia Visit to Carlsberg Museum and old brewery

Discussion in 'Europe' started by patra7, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patra7

patra7 Aspirant (204) Dec 30, 2005 Greece

I hope this doesn't get me banned or anything :slight_smile:
    I recently visited Copenhagen for the 2nd time (great city!) and made it to the Carlsberg Museum and old brewery. Although I had a negative bias (and still do) against Carlsberg (Group) I can say that the visit is well worth your time. One of the most historic breweries in Europe (and the world), a nicely built museum with lots of different exhibits and a very nice "aroma bar", to train your senses (I think every brewery should try to have something like that). If you like reading the labels under museum exhibits I think 1.5 hour is the minimum to devote here - preferably 2+, if you count the 2 beers included in the admission price, shopping time etc.

P.S. Should I delete this thread and repost the content at Beer Places in the old site?

2. Kirk

Kirk Initiate (0) May 16, 2005 United Kingdom (England)
    Beer Trader

i agreed its an excellent place, i only walked around the old building due to my love of architecture :slight_smile: the elephant bridge is truely a beautiful sight to the eyes

patra7 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.