Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Scandinavia Visit to Gothenburg Sweden

Discussion in 'Europe' started by loyal1, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loyal1

loyal1 Initiate (0) May 18, 2007 South Carolina
    Subscriber

I'll be spending a few days in the Goteborg area and would like to know of a place to find a good selection of local beers.

2. MickRatcliffe

MickRatcliffe Initiate (125) Jun 16, 2009 United Kingdom (England)

Hi, just noticed this so I hope I am not too late for you. You will not be able to buy local beers of any decent strength from anywhere other than through the state owned shops known as "Systembolaget." There are some good places to drink in Goteborg. Mail me if you would like some suggestions. I am English based but have visited several times.

3. Kristopher

Kristopher Initiate (0) May 23, 2012 Sweden

Perhaps this is too late but if you wanna drink Swedish beers you should go to Ölstugan Tullen in the Järntorget district. It's a cool bar with lots of bottled beer, all swedish.

If you're hungry, The Rover is just a cross the street with some of Swedens best burgers and a good selection of beers as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.