Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Vita Stout

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by DeschutesUrinalFTW, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeschutesUrinalFTW

DeschutesUrinalFTW Jun 1, 2012

For you lucky down-under types ...
    Does Vita-Stout still exist? My fuzzy memory tells me it was a yellow label ... it also tells me that it was practically awful, but it was introduced to me with such religious intensity and fervor that I thought I was about to meet God, courtesy of a gentleman which I thought was certifiable after I witnessed him welding up the holes in the piping of a large diameter gasline, while it was in service. No lie. I took cover. He caused no explosion. I think I saw more of God during those 2 minutes than I did while drinking Vita-Stout, but if someone that lucky (or genius?) thinks Vita-Stout is the greatest thing ever, then I feel the least I can do is hope for it's survival ... or maybe even hope for another taste. Is it around, and is it ever exported?

2. Lukie

Lukie Jun 16, 2007 Australia

It looks like it is still brewed by DB in New Zealand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe