Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Vita Stout

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by DeschutesUrinalFTW, Jun 2, 2012.

1. DeschutesUrinalFTW

For you lucky down-under types ...
    Does Vita-Stout still exist? My fuzzy memory tells me it was a yellow label ... it also tells me that it was practically awful, but it was introduced to me with such religious intensity and fervor that I thought I was about to meet God, courtesy of a gentleman which I thought was certifiable after I witnessed him welding up the holes in the piping of a large diameter gasline, while it was in service. No lie. I took cover. He caused no explosion. I think I saw more of God during those 2 minutes than I did while drinking Vita-Stout, but if someone that lucky (or genius?) thinks Vita-Stout is the greatest thing ever, then I feel the least I can do is hope for it's survival ... or maybe even hope for another taste. Is it around, and is it ever exported?

2. Lukie

It looks like it is still brewed by DB in New Zealand.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation

• Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe