Vita Stout

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by DeschutesUrinalFTW, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeschutesUrinalFTW

DeschutesUrinalFTW Initiate (0) Jun 1, 2012

For you lucky down-under types ...
    Does Vita-Stout still exist? My fuzzy memory tells me it was a yellow label ... it also tells me that it was practically awful, but it was introduced to me with such religious intensity and fervor that I thought I was about to meet God, courtesy of a gentleman which I thought was certifiable after I witnessed him welding up the holes in the piping of a large diameter gasline, while it was in service. No lie. I took cover. He caused no explosion. I think I saw more of God during those 2 minutes than I did while drinking Vita-Stout, but if someone that lucky (or genius?) thinks Vita-Stout is the greatest thing ever, then I feel the least I can do is hope for it's survival ... or maybe even hope for another taste. Is it around, and is it ever exported?

2. Lukie

Lukie Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2007 Australia

It looks like it is still brewed by DB in New Zealand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.

Learn More
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.

Learn More
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Learn More