VT Labor day weekend (FRI-MON)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by bkbergen, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkbergen

bkbergen (333) Jan 5, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Trader

2. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg (320) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

Cambridge is kind of the middle of nowhere, and requires driving to get anywhere. But, there's Brewster River brewpub nearby in Jeffersonville; you can go over the Notch (no RV's, trailers or buses) to Stowe for a wealth of options; and head up to Morrisville on Rte. 15 for Ten Bends and Lost Nation breweries.

3. papposilenus

papposilenus (1,106) Jun 21, 2014 New Hampshire
    Society

Bring your passports and get COVID tests and go to Brasserie Dunham. Not the most practical answer you’re likely to get but it is closer than Hill Farmstead.

GormBrewhouse likes this.
  4. WoolEnthusiast

WoolEnthusiast (268) Dec 15, 2018 Connecticut
    Trader

HF tends to open more reservations each week at 5pm on Monday of the same week (so the 30th in your case).

Trull likes this.
  5. LuckFreeZone

LuckFreeZone (0) Oct 24, 2016 New York

IF you head up 91 (instead of 87) AND beer stores interest you (as opposed / in addition to tap rooms and breweries) then (according to the reviews on this site) there are nice options in Springfield, MA, Keene, NH and Woodstock, VT (almost) en route . . . plus the Deerfield, MA location of Tree House.

6. Flashy

Flashy (390) Oct 22, 2003 Vermont

From Pa?

7. pbrian

pbrian (0) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

Mt Snow Brewfest on Saturday of Labor Day. Look for our “team”:grin:

[​IMG]

Givemebeer likes this.
  8. LuckFreeZone

LuckFreeZone (0) Oct 24, 2016 New York

Yes. According to Google Maps, I91 is about 10 minutes (but 60 miles) longer than I87 from Philly. It's not the default route, but if beer is a big part of the trip it is (I think) the more interesting route.

I did a trip about three weeks ago from upstate NY to Burlington/Winooski, Stowe (Alchemist), Greensboro (Hill Farmstead) Hanover, Deerfield (Tree House) so the research on beer stores is relatively fresh. I missed the ones in Woodstock and Keene because of some timing issues.

9. bkbergen

bkbergen (333) Jan 5, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Trader

pbrian likes this.
  10. Flashy

Flashy (390) Oct 22, 2003 Vermont

I am glad they are going to have this. I will look for you guys.

pbrian likes this.
  11. Wolfpac78

Wolfpac78 (0) Feb 18, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

Apologize for bumping this thread - but wife and I just booked our seventh annual trip to Burlington/Stowe the weekend of 10/22. Last year
    In the heart of COVID we had to carefully plan and make reservations in advance everywhere. Based on my quick research, it appears that is no longer the case but I was looking for some confirmation? Also - anything new pop up over the last year we should seek out? I see Alchemist opened a beer garden we will definitely check out. Thanks!

Flashy likes this.
  12. Givemebeer

Givemebeer (0) Apr 6, 2013 Vermont

Most places don't require reservations. Some require masks. It's definitely much easier to get in to places than last year.

Haven't been able to check this place out yet, but have heard good things.

https://www.kraemerandkin.com/

Wolfpac78 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.