Wachusett coming to CT

Discussion in 'New England' started by CTBeerPope, Feb 27, 2013.

1. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Jan 30, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Found out yesterday Wachusett will be coming to CT soon but only in certain counties. I know this won't excite some but just letting you guys know. When I know the exact counties ill post . Distro will be CBG.

marcdalke likes this.
  2. smutty33

smutty33 Jun 12, 2009 Connecticut

Nice.........:)

Larry!!!

Cheers

Pahn, bigedct and youbrewidrink like this.
  3. jbertsch

jbertsch Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

Enjoy. I think Wachusett is an under unappreciated brewery. I think the reason why many geeks may not consider them among their top favorite local craft is because their flagship is a blueberry beer so that's what's first associated with them (and geeks don't seem to gravitate towards blueberry beers). However, if you go past that, they have some very enjoyable stuff. Even beyond Larry. For starters, I think fresh Green Monstah is really delicious, and their milk stout is super tasty.

smutty33 likes this.
  4. audioserf

audioserf Sep 3, 2010 Connecticut

I've only had Green Monstah IPA (visiting family in MA for Thanksgiving) and I enjoyed it a lot. I'll buy it once it gets to CT. :)

5. slangtruth

slangtruth Jan 8, 2012 Massachusetts

Lucky CT. Trade ya for NEBCO :cool:

6. woosterbill

woosterbill Apr 6, 2009 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

Tell that to everyone ISO Blabaer, KBE, Cascade Blueberry, LeBleu, etc, etc.

7. jbertsch

jbertsch Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

Wasn't referring to wild ales and such...just blueberry beers like the ones made by wachusett, sea dog, newport storm, etc

8. woosterbill

woosterbill Apr 6, 2009 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

Oh, I'm well aware, and just felt like being a sardonic jerk for the moment. The bigger point is that BAs hate ALL non-sour fruit beers, not just blueberry ones.

9. xanok

xanok Aug 13, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I love Shipyard Smashed Blueberry and I question the palate of anyone that doesn't.

10. kinopio

kinopio Apr 30, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I like plenty of non sour fruit beers. Looking at DFH alone you've got Black and Blue, Aprihop, and Festina Peche. All good beers in my eyes. If I'm stuck at a bar with limited craft I'll order a Raspberry UFO over a regular UFO every time.

11. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Sep 22, 2010 Connecticut

So individuals like fruit beers... But as a whole Woosterbill is correct, if you consider the majority of Fruit-Beers and their respective reviews (assuming sub 4.0 as the standard of 'doesn't like').

Edit- and I mean non-sour Fruit beers....

12. bootdown21

bootdown21 May 14, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Just picked up a bottle of Larry in CT (Simsbury Liquor Depot) for $5.29. Best By 7/19/2013.

Pahn and smutty33 like this.
  13. xanok

xanok Aug 13, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Pretty cool. Does anyone know how far out the bottles are dated?

14. TheLostGringo

TheLostGringo Dec 7, 2011 Connecticut

Would agree in general, some exceptions like New Glarus

15. Pahn

Pahn Dec 2, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

wachusett in general: meh, might pick up some.

if you're lucky enough to have a fresh larry source: big score.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!