Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Wake-n-Bake Question

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by Billy1856, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy1856

Billy1856 Aug 20, 2012 Texas

I just picked up a four pack on a recent trip to Florida. Being a Texan I probably won't get the chance to pick up some more of this brew for a while. I've had two and they were pronominal. Would it be worth cellaring the other two or should I drink now? Their website says you can, but I just wanted so see if any other BA's had any experice with aging this one. Thanks

2. dtx00

dtx00 Oct 21, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Id say they hold up pretty well to age. Bout a year is what i got out of em last time I cellared them. You could even go as far as 1.5 yrs. but that starts to push the envelope.

3. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Aug 1, 2012 New York

Yes they hold up well

4. ncaudle

ncaudle May 28, 2010 Virginia
    Beer Trader

I prefer WnB with a year on it compared to fresh.

5. corkncage

corkncage Mar 12, 2013 Virginia

1 year is the sweet spot for me. You can always throw one in the fridge to see if the cellared one is different.

6. RDMII

RDMII Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Waaaaay too much coffee fresh for me. Even mixed half with Moo Hoo it's a coffee bomb. I'd love a year old bottle so I can taste the beer instead of coffee.

7. GreysonDaniels

GreysonDaniels Feb 10, 2012 North Carolina

When it hits shelves I buy 2 4 packs. One to drink fresh, 1 to cellar a year. I do a side by side comparison the next year & I've always prefered the aged. I enjoy it fresh but that year definitely mellows it out.

8. pmoney

pmoney Apr 15, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

The coffee flavor and aroma when it's fresh is the biggest draw for me with this beer. For that reason, I personally would consume WnB as fresh as possible.

Shagtastic and bryanole27 like this.
  9. bryanole27

bryanole27 Jun 24, 2011 North Carolina

Exactly, the coffee is what makes it great to me.

Shagtastic and Bluecane like this.
  10. bramsdell

bramsdell May 27, 2011 North Carolina

How did they relate to pronouns? Were they reflexive beers?

11. Billy1856

Billy1856 Aug 20, 2012 Texas

Meant to say phenomenal, autocorrect on the iPhone is a bitch

12. bramsdell

bramsdell May 27, 2011 North Carolina

I was just being a grammar dick. I was bored at work this morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe