Want to split The Bruery reserve society membership

Discussion in 'US - West' started by daveydapoolman, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveydapoolman

daveydapoolman Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2013 California

Heard of a couple people doing this.

I know I won't max out on allocations (with brewing and other beer buying) Looking to split membership with someone honest and reliable. I'm local and can help with shipping if out of state. Visit taproom often.

Man I need more friends who drink good beer!!!

2. jdmandel

jdmandel Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2011 California

Good luck man. I already have a partner for this otherwise I'd be on it. It seems like you should be able to find someone interested. This was my first year and I had a great time sharing it.

3. atomic

atomic Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2009 Illinois

I might be interested, BM me to work out details.

4. Waldomega

Waldomega Initiate (23) Jan 15, 2013 Nevada
    Deactivated

i already bought a membership, but wont be maxing most allocations. im open to a split. im in vegas, and make it down there a few times a year to pick my beers up

5. LambicPentameter

LambicPentameter Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Nebraska

I too would be interested, but obvs atomic has first "dibs" as it were. Just wanted to note my potential interest if you weren't able to work something out. BM if so. Cheers!

6. Curb71

Curb71 Initiate (106) Oct 22, 2012 California

Bringing this old thread back to life instead of creating a new one. My question is the same. I really don't care for their high ABV beers. I'd like to split a RS membership (or even Hoarder) with someone pretty much so I could get growler fills and bottles of their wild ales that I can't get otherwise. BM me if interested.

7. AndrewSmith

AndrewSmith Aspirant (290) Jan 27, 2013 Texas
    Trader

I'd be down to do a split with someone, currently RS but haven't renewed. Also just signed up for rare barrel if someone would like to split both. BM me

8. Original_Fake

Original_Fake Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2013 North Carolina

I'm curious as to how one of these splits works. I'm currently in RS but certainly wouldn't mind splitting it with someone. But how do people work out allocations and whose name is actually on the account? One of the benefits of being in the RS for me is the ability to go down to the tasting room for special growler fills and events and such (Black Tuesday release, etc) so I wouldn't want to lose that if I split it with someone.

9. Xul

Xul Champion (857) May 18, 2008 California
    Trader

Talk to a prospective partner and work out an equitable solution...? It's not like you're doing contract negotiations for a merger of Fortune 500 companies, it's splitting a beer club. Talk to someone, see if you guys can work out a deal you both think is fair, and either do it or look for someone else.

10. grandmachine

grandmachine Initiate (78) Mar 11, 2010 California

I'm also interested in splitting a membership with someone here. If you're out of state, I can always help ship the boxes out to you.

11. Original_Fake

Sorry...I worded my question pretty poorly. I'm more interested in knowing what sort of arrangements people have that work for them. If I'm serious about it, I'll reach out to someone but for now, I'd like to know what people have done in the past to get a sense of how they do things.

12. Curb71

Curb71 Initiate (106) Oct 22, 2012 California

That's even more vague than the last time you asked. I'm interested in splitting the membership. Meaning I get up to half of the online bottle allocations and all of the benefits while at the tap room. If the other member is out of state they can send me a styroshipper with a few local beers in it and a prepaid label and I'd ship it back, full of their Bruery beers.

I'm just wondering if there's someone that wants to split it with me, keep in mind I'm only interested in the sour beers.

13. albee_jay

albee_jay Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2014 California

I have a Reserve membership which I have split with two other people and we all came to the understanding that we would split allocations as even as possible and the only real times we had issues were with some limited allocated bottles (tart of darkness with vanilla and cherries most recently) where the limit was 2 and maybe we all wanted one however we at that point just decide who's gonna get it and we one of us will end up opening it up so we all get to try it even if we don't all get our own bottle. They don't go to the tasting room as often as I do so not a big deal there as I can simply order them the reserve items and same thing with growlers I'll just go and pick it up and we'll all get together and share it. Obviously this only works if your near each other or see the other person but thats just how we worked it out.

Original_Fake likes this.
  14. Original_Fake

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.