Washington Beer News (2023)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by BBThunderbolt, Jan 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,282) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I do not, in general, disagree with your view. Also, I'll be a bit surprised if Elizabeth Station doesn't get at least a taste. Also, when the Garden Path outpost opens, I suspect they'll be at the, or at least near, the top of the approved list.

As much as I would like PtY to be on the shelf when I roll into the store, I just do not foresee that. I think that WA=Seattle to them.

Shrug.

snaotheus and John_M like this.
  2. John_M

John_M Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,275) Oct 25, 2003 Washington
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'll wager a pint at the beer bar of your choice that Bellingham will see some RR stuff this time around. RR makes so much PtE now,.and ships so much of it north, that you can find it at grocery stores here in PDX. In my estimation, Bellingham is a pretty serious beer town (every bit the equal of Tacoma in that regard), and it makes no sense for RR to diss it.

I'll be very, very surprised it you don't see kegs and bottles/cans of PtE and Blind Pig (at the very least).

P. S. Generally, the only place you can find bottles of PtY is at the two brewery sites. I'm pretty sure they don't distribute it. We only get kegs of it here in PDX.

vurt and snaotheus like this.
  3. John_M

Here is PDX, you can find RR stuff in Eugene, Medford and I'm pretty sure Bend, Hood River, Salem and select locations along the coast as well. If those places, why not a city like Spokane (and Bellingham Bellingham)?

Sorry, I guess I'm not getting the joke.

woemad and snaotheus like this.
  4. jason_nwx

jason_nwx Pooh-Bah (2,367) Sep 12, 2012 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

Grocery stores in PDX?! Which ones? This is a serious question because I've never seen it at any of the grocery stores I shop at in the Beaverton area. The only places I'm aware of it ever showing up on the west side are bottle shops.

snaotheus likes this.
  5. BBThunderbolt

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'm pretty sure Elizabeth Station will get it, and probably Garden Path's new taproom/bottle shop, but I don't know where else. And, I did mean Elder, not Younger.

snaotheus and vurt like this.
  6. BBThunderbolt

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Because the distributor was deciding which accounts to sell it to. Not making it widely available, but playing favorites.

snaotheus, woemad and John_M like this.
  7. TheBungyo

TheBungyo Pooh-Bah (2,013) Dec 1, 2004 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

They had Russian River at the bottle shop in Astoria when I was there. I bought the last bottle of the pils and the owner commented that he had been planning to buy it if it didn't sell that night because it had been sitting too long.
    Back before RR left WA Whole Foods even carried it.

snaotheus, sharpski and vurt like this.
  8. John_M

Zupans. Whole Foods of course. I think I've also seen bottles at the LO New Seasons. I don't think I've seen it at MofC, but I wouldn't be surprised if they carry it as well.

snaotheus and jason_nwx like this.
  9. John_M

To the best of my knowledge, most (if not all) California and Oregon Whole Foods carry RR stuff.

snaotheus likes this.
  10. TheBungyo

TheBungyo Pooh-Bah (2,013) Dec 1, 2004 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

I'd almost be surprised if they ever returned to Whole Foods in WA. The selection has nose dived ever since WFM ditched beer buyers in favor of one buyer for all alcohol.

snaotheus, derkruk, woemad and 3 others like this.
  11. BBThunderbolt

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Pint Defiance in Tacoma just posted pics on the FB of their drop. STS Pils, PtE, and Blind Pig. Draft and bottles, with limits.

snaotheus and woemad like this.
  12. distantmantra

distantmantra Pooh-Bah (2,954) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Trader

[​IMG]

https://www.russianriverbrewing.com/seattle-washington/

If you go to Russian River's website, they list the states they distribute to. They don't list Washington state, they list Seattle (with a small green dot over Seattle while the rest of the state is not highlighted) and the small list of places it's available which is 90% Seattle along with one store in Renton, one store in Puyallup, one store in Edmonds, one store in Auburn, one store in Lynnwood, one store in Marysville, one store in Snohomish and three stores in Tacoma.

Maybe they'll expand, but right now it's very limited and definitely feels targeted.

edit: RR is doing something similar in Reno, Nevada. It's only available in the Reno metro area and nowhere else in the state.

#52 distantmantra, Jan 19, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    snaotheus, John_M, woemad and 2 others like this.
  13. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Grand Pooh-Bah (3,862) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

That's a weird map given that I'm under the impression that PA and Colorado both see relatively limited distribution. It's not like any decent liquor store in PA has PtE in the cooler

snaotheus, John_M, woemad and 2 others like this.
  14. BBThunderbolt

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

In a bit of good news, just received an email from El Suenito, and they'll be opening at 11am, Friday February 17. Grand opening goes all that weekend. Looking forward putting some tamales in mah belly!

Oh, beer too!

snaotheus, DefenCorps, John_M and 3 others like this.
  15. vurt

vurt Grand Pooh-Bah (3,578) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Looking forward to hearing all about those tamales. And beer too!

snaotheus and BBThunderbolt like this.
  16. John_M

Exactly. In Pa., RR is only available in the SEPA area (around the Philly area to be more precise), and I'm pretty sure PtE and Blind Pig are only available on tap there (though maybe that's now changed since the Windsor opening).

So I also wonder about the accuracy of that map.

snaotheus likes this.
  17. westlaunboy

westlaunboy Pundit (858) Mar 31, 2010 Washington
    Trader

It's definitely available in Bend; I've bought bottles of PtE and Blind Pig (and maybe others?) at Broken Top and have seen it on tap at a few places.

snaotheus, John_M and sharpski like this.
  18. aceboogie

aceboogie Zealot (542) Apr 12, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

The latest from Floodland. I haven't tried anything from them yet. I'm excited to finally be able to.
    • MMXXI Chardonnay (blend of saison refermented on Chardonnay grapes from French Creek Vineyard)
    • 2021-2022 Endless Spheres (blend of spelt saison with organic calendula flowers, seville oranges, and cara cara oranges)
    • 2021-2022 Seekers After Light (blend of saison macerated over-season on 2021 white grape pomaces and then refermented on 2022 organic Rival apricots and organic Candy Cot apriums)

snaotheus, _pat_ and JonnyBeers like this.
  19. distantmantra

distantmantra Pooh-Bah (2,954) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Trader

https://www.russianriverbrewing.com/philadelphia/

This is their list of all the places that carry their product.

snaotheus and BBThunderbolt like this.
  20. BBThunderbolt

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Quick question for the Seattle folks; has Metier started brewing at the new Steelheads Alley/ Hatback Bar across from Mariner Stadium yet?

distantmantra and snaotheus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.