Washington State Beer News (2019)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by distantmantra, Jan 25, 2019.

1. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,419) Sep 24, 2007 Kyrgyzstan
    Trader

That sucks. They're one of the few breweries around here made decent-to-very good Belgian styles.

woemad, VashonGuy, kemoarps and 3 others like this.
  2. SeaAle

SeaAle Disciple (360) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon

Yeah, Dubbel and Tripel Entendre were always very good. Along with Monk's Indiscretion. I was happy to hear when they announced a few years ago that they would start distributing in the Portland area through General Distributing. It was all fine until last year when Columbia bought General, and after that Sound beers pretty much disappeared from the shelves.

woemad, kemoarps, stevesbeer and 2 others like this.
  3. mactrail

mactrail Poo-Bah (9,140) Mar 24, 2009 Washington
    Trader

Illuminati closing-- and right after I finally got there and took a photo. I remember thinking, who knew Bellingham had such a distant and convoluted industrial area? Good PIlsner, RIP.

4. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (3,017) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Trader

5. sanford_and_son

sanford_and_son Aspirant (250) Jul 23, 2012 Washington

been outta the loop, but very bummed to hear Sound Brewing is likely shutting down. Also kinda surprised Puyallup River shut down given the market isn't all that saturated in that part of WA yet? Maybe it is, I don't make it to the hometown very often.

woemad, kemoarps and distantmantra like this.
  6. Joshbiir

Joshbiir Initiate (41) Dec 8, 2016 Washington

Aslan's new spot in Fremont looks like it is coming along well. Passed it today and their lion sign was all lit up. Pretty excited they eill have salumi sandwiches to go along with it. Plus it means revel should be back in the neighborhood soon.

woemad and beertunes like this.
  7. sanford_and_son

8. NWer

NWer Crusader (783) Mar 10, 2009 Washington

Actually it's 4-packs but who's counting? :slight_smile: Also, Jai-Alai hit today. Nice to see popular beers hit the area we don't see unless we've been there or trade

kemoarps likes this.
  9. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,063) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

I’ve heard that breweries can apparently do this twice a year without having to apply for a license in said state. Also helps with breweries that have surplus inventory at home that won’t sell before it goes bad.

woemad likes this.
  10. beertunes

Trader

Had a Jai Alai last night. Nice, but it's no Bodhi or Top Cutter.

woemad, JasonJYoung, 66jzmstr and 2 others like this.
  11. NWer

NWer Crusader (783) Mar 10, 2009 Washington

woemad likes this.
  12. sharpski

sharpski Meyvn (1,154) Oct 11, 2010 Oregon
    Society Trader

Their website doesn’t specify, and I only know about Monkless and GoodLife from Oregon.

13. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,476) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

I know Pelican, Deschutes and Cascade are distributed in most markets back East now. I think pfriem, Hotd, and Logsdon see some limited out of state distribution as well. Rogue of of course sees national distribution (their beer was readily available even in Morgantown WV). I think Ninkasi is now distributed into most parts of the country. Full Sail is available most parts of the country as well. Red Hook, Widmer and Elysian see national distribution as well. I'm assuming 10 barrel has seen increased distribution since Inbev-AB became involved.

Probably plenty of others as well, but those are the only ones I can think of, off the top of my head.

woemad likes this.
  14. VashonGuy

VashonGuy Meyvn (1,355) Mar 7, 2013 Washington
    Society Trader

I'm in Durango Colorado right now, and Wagon Wheels Liquor has a fair bit of Alesmith on the shelves. Also Rusty Nail.

stevesbeer and woemad like this.
  15. beertunes

Trader

So, now that Dads gone, I'm catching up on some internetting. I'd like to point out that 192 Brewing has moved their brewery to Mt. Vernon, but has kept the Kenmore taproom open.

@John_M , I just submitted a change form with the details on the brewery's page here, so it should get updated.

http://192brewing.com/

woemad, sharpski and John_M like this.
  16. beertunes

Trader

In a bit of Bham news that's sure to cause @sanford_and_son a bit of heartache, The Up & Up and Rudy's Pizza have both closed. There's a new business planned for the spot, but I can't link the Heralds story.

17. sanford_and_son

woooooow, end of a freakin' era. I thought the Up had been closed already for years. WTF happened to Rudy's? They choose to close it? Can't imagine that business was hurting that badly?

18. beertunes

Trader

Same folks owned both businesses, which were in the same building.

19. beertunes

Trader

Now that I'm on a different machine, I was able to get around the Heralds paywall:
    ▪ With Rudy’s Pizzeria and the Up & Up now closed in downtown Bellingham, it appears new tenant plans are already in the works.

A state liquor license application was recently submitted for the Up & Up space at 1234 N. State St. The proposed new name is Salish Meatery and the applicants are Albert and Alexis Williamson.

After quietly closing earlier this month, Rudy’s and the Up & Up announced on Aug. 26 on Facebook that the businesses were permanently closed. Steve and Sharon Scoggins opened Rudy’s in 2000, then bought the Up & Up in 2007. Up & Up had an even longer history, having been established in 1935 according to The Bellingham Herald archives.

stevesbeer, kemoarps and sharpski like this.
  20. beertunes

Trader

21. twelveinches

twelveinches Defender (662) Oct 26, 2007 Washington
    Trader

Mount Vernon is getting one as well on the newly revamped riverwalk... think it's called District

kemoarps likes this.
  22. Murph3688

Murph3688 Initiate (20) Sep 17, 2018 Washington

Hey we have a great brewery out here in Port Angeles called BarHop. Then our homebrew supply store opened a tap room. Angeles Brewing Supply.com. Nice tap room great selection of beers give them a look or stop by.

23. beertunes

Trader

Some more info: https://www.goskagit.com/scnews/new...TRV5GpD4MdpbcTpJ4P0spZpkSEUCjZ98ciL4u-MdVWJP8

24. beertunes

Trader

25. beertunes

Trader

26. beertunes

Trader

For those with FB, District Brewing in Mt. Vernon posted some pics recently:

kemoarps and NWer like this.
  27. pudgym29

pudgym29 Initiate (73) Mar 14, 2009 Illinois

The best source I can point to you is Seek A Brew. Choose your home state, and compare it to any number of other states (one at a time).:sunglasses:

28. beertunes

Trader

Anyone got a clue about Formula Brewing in Issaquah? I've been seeing FB ads, but they're not listed here (and, I can't add them, cuz no phone or website). Their FB page is pretty barren too, for that matter: https://www.facebook.com/formulabrewing/