Belgium We are doing a Belgium beer tour in May 2014 , anybody else ?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by notjack, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notjack

notjack Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2010 Kentucky

We are heading to Belgium and Amsterdam in late May and wanted to see if anyone else will be out there during this time. We would love to hang out with some beer lovers that have been before or live in the area. This will be our first time out there. Send me a message and I will be in contact. Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you all.

2. Stevenwings

Stevenwings Initiate (84) Jan 15, 2014 Belgium
    Beer Trader

Welcome in Belgium we would say ... bring beers with you to trade :rolleyes:

3. SStein

SStein Zealot (509) Dec 26, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Late May should a great time to visit. Get ready to enjoy a lot of great beers.

4. chibeerguy1381

chibeerguy1381 Initiate (152) Dec 3, 2013 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Traveling on a beercation to Brussels may 18-21, Brugge from 21-24 and Amsterdam 24-27. Hit me up if you want to meet up somewhere.

Brabander likes this.
  5. notjack

notjack Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2010 Kentucky

I will be just missing you it looks like. I will be in Amsterdam from the 18 - 21. Brussels from the 16 -18. looks like we are doing about the same trips. have you done this trip before ? Hope to get a driver to help us hit the main beer places outside the city.

6. ventura78

ventura78 Aspirant (267) Nov 22, 2003 Massachusetts

Just left Brugge yesterday and now in Paris for a few days. The beers were good!

7. omniscientcause

omniscientcause Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2010 District of Columbia

I will be in paris the week of the 19th but planning on doing a day trip to brussels on the 22nd.

8. Brabander

Brabander Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2009 Netherlands

Are you with Sergio?

9. ventura78

ventura78 Aspirant (267) Nov 22, 2003 Massachusetts

Not sure who Sergio is, just revisiting old favorites. Can't get enough of Belgium.

10. southdenverhoo

southdenverhoo Disciple (332) Aug 13, 2004 Colorado

Flying back to the states tomorrow. Great trip. Night one: Brussels, primarily Poechenellekelder for 3 or 4, and then the Cantillon tour and several geuzes and lambics...Day 2, Ghent (a single Rochefort Grand Cru near the city center), then Bruges (many, many beers at Brugs Beertje with Daisy, then back to the hotel for 4 different De Struise offerings). Day 3: Watou, St Bernardus tour and tasting, bus to St Sixtus, for a Wesvleteren 12, a blond, an 8, and a final 12, before bus back to the inn at St Bernardus where there is a fridge full of St. Bernardus beers... Day 4, drive to Blaugies, get turned away ( it's Mothers Day, no reservation, "Ce n'est pas possible, Monsieur!", but they do know a Moroccan restaurant in Dour where they sell La Moneuse...excellent Mediterranean fare and, yep, a La Moneuse, then on to Orval. Abbey tour, then Orval Vert and Orval Vielle at l'Ange Gardien, then on to Hotel Le Nid in Izel-sur-Semois for a great dinner plus more Orvals, then upstairs for some of the remaining gift beers from St. Bernardus, also a geuze and a rose de gambrinus from Cantillon...Day 5, back to Brussels via Drie Fonteinin and a geuze plus, just for shits and giggles, a Beersel Blond, then to the hotel, a stroll down to Cafe Belga for a Houblon Chouffe and a Triple Hop Duvel, then walk back towards the hotel and Moeder Lambic for several including a a Caulier 28 Brett, a Cuvée de Ranke, and half of a Saison d'Epeautre 75 CL...drinking a Westy Blond as I type this...

Yeah, Belgium in May, I say go for it.

bushycook, jazzyjeff13 and mathieu87 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.