Wegmans Mixed 4 pack

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by cid71, Mar 16, 2022.

1. cid71

cid71 Initiate (143) Mar 2, 2009 New Jersey
    Trader

So my local Wegmans in Hanover has started a mixed 4 pack to go with mixed 6 packs. $19.99 but the breweries were good Grimm, Fiddlehead, Carton, Equlibrium, Lawson, etc . and some locals a notch below like Bolero and Wet Ticket. dates were no later than February so we will see if the stock gets older the longer this exists.

2. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Initiate (131) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

can you break apart any 4pk in the fridges, or is it from a pre-selected pool of choices?

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  3. cid71

cid71 Initiate (143) Mar 2, 2009 New Jersey
    Trader

Pre selected and the selection isn't huge. Maybe 20 different beers

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  4. jackflaps

jackflaps Initiate (120) Jul 26, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Ours in central PA has had that going since around Christmas. Last time I was there it ran pretty heavy on the Troegs and New Trail, but we also had some Lawson's, a couple Pittsburgh breweries I can't remember, and I think one or two Industrial Arts beers too. So far it hasn't been worth it to me over just getting a 4-pack of Broken Heels, but it seems like our selection rotates pretty frequently so we'll see how it goes.

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  5. ESHBG

ESHBG Devotee (429) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

That's steep. $16.99 here and even that is a stretch for me because while you can find some winners it's mostly run of the mill 16 oz beers that are actually cheaper to buy in their own four packs.

hillind and NeroFiddled like this.
  6. NeroFiddled

NeroFiddled Poo-Bah (13,616) Jul 8, 2002 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

For me right now Wegmans is my best choice for singles. The beer distributors that have a singles selection are charging way too much, and the other grocery stores only have basics and crap (Giant, Shoprite, ACME, etc.). Even Total Wine & More in Cherry Hill, NJ has cut down their singles selection. - - -

Does anyone remember when Whole Foods had a great selection at low prices? Hahaha! That was a long time ago! Amazon killed them, big time!

JayORear and Rug like this.
  7. DarkDragon999

DarkDragon999 Aspirant (270) Feb 13, 2013 Rhode Island

No Wegmans in RI lol.

Rug likes this.
  8. hillind

hillind Aspirant (286) Apr 24, 2010 Pennsylvania

Same at mine. Mostly New Trail beers, and even their DIPAs are only 13.99 by the 4 pack anyway.

ESHBG likes this.
  9. JayORear

JayORear Meyvn (1,470) Feb 22, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Not Wegman's related, but it's crazy you can buy 19.2 oz singles of Broken Heels and Double Broken Heels for 2.99 a can around here.

dcolatriano, hillind and ESHBG like this.