Welcome back to the Mountain!

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by hopfacebrew, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2011 Colorado

I didn't realize how often I was here until the forums went down!

Looking forward to reconnecting with all of you!

I for one think the new lay out is pretty sweet.

Cheers!

2. Stoneish

Stoneish Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2009 Colorado

Hate the new lay-out. Think Specifically the white background

coreymcafee likes this.
  3. gueuzer

gueuzer Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2010 Colorado

It alright. Though I don't like how spaced out it is. Tons of wasted space. I liked the more condensed version much better. You could quickly scroll though much easier. Sure they are still working a lot of kinks out. Glad to be back!

coreymcafee likes this.
  4. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,254) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado

I'm going to hope this becomes a back end for something that looks closer to the older layout. It's too bright and "big."
    At least we're back up, though.

5. eclipse54

eclipse54 Devotee (482) Jan 26, 2010 Minnesota

I don't know if it will be the case with this forum, but I've seen some that let you choose your own color scheme from several preset options. Then, each user can view the forum in whatever colors/contrast they want. I haven't been able to find such an option yet though.

Also, I noticed in the user preferences somewhere there was an option to turn off the viewing of other's signatures (I turned that off immediately). I haven't seen anyone post with a signature of their own yet, so I don't know if that feature has been enabled, but those can potentially add a lot of additional clutter/white space. I'm hoping they're disallowed entirely.

I'm guessing all of these things will be improved or addressed after a little more time. Cheers all!

6. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2011 Colorado

I wonder if the view will have customizable options. I guess we'll see!

EDIT: I was referring to what eclipse said.

7. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poo-Bah (3,497) May 19, 2005 Colorado
    Trader

All of this is going to make me drink :grinning:

8. schlegelmeister

schlegelmeister Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2011 Massachusetts

9. denver10

denver10 Poo-Bah (2,414) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico

The block feature is going to be nice.

I have always enjoyed this site primarily for the beer reviews. I have wanted to enjoy the discussion boards here but I find there's a level of pompousness from some posters (directed at other newer posters) that drives me away, now I can just block them. Looking forward to taking advantage of this feature.

10. Anthony1

Anthony1 Defender (640) May 3, 2009 Colorado

They said that it would look better after they got something up. I dislike, but maybe we can customize things later

11. Anthony1

Anthony1 Defender (640) May 3, 2009 Colorado

I'm also sad all the old posts are gone. Hope they get archived somewhere. Lots of knowledge in those forums

12. pokesbeerdude

pokesbeerdude Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2007 Colorado

I'm liking it so far, hopefully they get the bugs out soon and we can start reviewing again. That and I can't wait til they get the obscenely white background toned down a touch. Regardless, glad it is back up.

13. biking4beer

biking4beer Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2006 Colorado

I missed you guys. What's it been? Two weeks?

14. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (6,269) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Premium Trader

Good to see you all!

15. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (6,269) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Premium Trader

If you're using Firefox, you can shrink it by holding down the control key and clicking the - key.

16. FeerBart

FeerBart Initiate (0) Aug 21, 2011 Colorado

Old Forum seemed so much easier to navigate. The white background is horrible... Think the main reason i don't go on RB that much is because of that background

17. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (5,880) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Trader

Not too bad. There are alot of things missing that I liked in the old site/forum/profile.

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.