WeldWerks (2020)

Discussion in 'US - West' started by rmpic82, Jan 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmpic82

rmpic82 Disciple (329) Jan 27, 2017 Kansas
    Trader

I was deferring to my CO and Greeley brethren, but I'm getting anxious. These next two releases, Vanilla Destinations and Double Barrel 1910, sound absolutely amazing! Very excited to try them if I can manage to be in town on those dates.

jaysker95 likes this.
  2. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,097) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

And I'm getting excited (despite the permit/city of COS delays) for the upcoming Colorado Springs Weldwerks taproom! Really hope everything is going ok on that front. Fingers crossed and...
    :heavymetal::hugging:

SFACRKnight and rmpic82 like this.
  3. rmpic82

Trader

I want ALL the 1910s...and most of the Vanilla Destinations. How many people will be abbreviating that last bottle for ISO/FT?

R3ason and ManBearPat like this.
  4. rmpic82

Trader

Today is the day, friends! 1910 and Vanilla Destinations via Eventbrite @ 6 pm. If anyone is on the fence about taking their full allocation, especially OF 1910 (one of my fave whiskeys), hit me up and we can work out a swap. I'll be in Greeley on Jan 28th and before noon on Jan 29th. If anyone hits up the taproom the 28th, see you there!

ECOBOOSTINST and LGHT like this.
  5. rmpic82

Trader

Effing. Destroyed. Struck out.

FarmerTed, LGHT and jaysker95 like this.
  6. Bburns87

Bburns87 Initiate (175) Jun 11, 2013 Illinois

Wild. I didn't expect it to be that crazy at all. Have a fellow BA member proxying for me and he didn't even get both bottles. I got 1 of each, and feel awful that I didn't coordinate more to get him his.

Sorry to hear you got none at all. Hope you can find a trade partner, something tells me at least the bottle logic collab will be manageable to get right away.

rmpic82 likes this.
  7. rmpic82

Trader

I haven’t missed on an Eventbrite sale in a couple years? Not that I’m doing it all the time, but this one did not work for me. Didn’t get first pull at the bell and couldn’t pick the magic number (even though I tried to just cart 1) several times as tickets kept coming off the board.

Destinations still shows “Unavailable” - but I felt crazy spending 50 flipping minutes refreshing. Now I’m just checking in every now and again. They’ll probably both be on tap when I visit, so there’s a small victory.

8. LGHT

LGHT Aspirant (206) Sep 28, 2007 California
    Trader

wow I heard it lasted less than a minute for 1910... I got lucky and snagged a few bottles of each via a proxy. If you aint using an auto clicker you probably won't be fast enough on EB going forward..

9. Canada_Dan

Canada_Dan Savant (903) Jun 14, 2013 Colorado

Huh? This shit is getting wacky

10. rmpic82

Trader

I thought to myself, 38 is the new 68. Pretty soon I won’t be able to access my email or home without the help of my 5 yr old

Doodler and ECOBOOSTINST like this.
  11. rmpic82

Trader

Went to WW and I gotta say, Grandma’s Cookie Jar...very good.

Tons of other great beer on tap this week including Science!, Vanilla Destinations, Pina Colada Milkshake, Strawberry Cheesecake Berliner, Juicy Bits stuff. Missed on DB 1910 and was hoping I’d see the BL Staff of Asir, but man...what a consolation prize.

12. Elicoleman

Elicoleman Meyvn (1,133) Sep 27, 2011 Colorado

Had Grandma’s Cookie Jar last week, damn tasty. Got a four pack of Strawberry Cheesecake Berliner in the beer fridge, probably one of my favorites Weldwerks has done.

rmpic82 likes this.
  13. Bburns87

Did you manage to get this release? They said they made it much more accessible this time around since the proxies raped everyone last time.

14. rmpic82

Trader

Logging on for the first time since I went out of cell service on Feb 7. They did another release? #timing

15. rmpic82

Trader

I have previously scheduled work trips that won’t allow me to visit for the Old Fitz and Coffee Maple release dates, but they sound good!

16. considerbeer

considerbeer Initiate (31) Dec 15, 2016 California

Can we not?

adschal1, eppCOS and clusterfolk like this.
  17. Bburns87

I'm sorry if you think I meant they literally raped people and it triggered you in some way. I didn't know this was tumblr.

18. nachos

nachos Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2012 Michigan

I really don't think that was what that person thought.

They're probably thinking, "there are so many, many words in the English language that would work in this sentence and still convey your exact message. Surely there's a better option that does not belittle and devalue the horrific experience that people who have actually experienced a real rape have had to endure?"

ManBearPat, Kuester, Lupin and 4 others like this.
  19. SicDub

SicDub Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2019 New York

Will Coffee Maple Noche be wax sealed??

rmpic82 likes this.
  20. Bburns87

I was under the impression that all BA noches are wax sealed or is this some inside joke I'm missing?

21. rmpic82

Trader

5th Anniversary stuff looks AMAZING. I won't be able to make it for the release dates, but bet your a** I'll be looking for some on the trade market. Starry and Brewers Select have the most appeal for me, but the return of BAMA has me hopeful and Premier 1 was really good, so expecting the same for vol. 2. Cool way to do the release, too. Some lottery winners and some liner-uppers. Someone will find a way to complain, though. Cheers!

22. VitisVinifera

VitisVinifera Initiate (158) Feb 25, 2013 California

Greetings from Davis California way, just minutes away from the origin of the mystery corona virus patient!

Davis Beer Shoppe just got in their fist shipment of Weldwerks. I grew up in Denver, and while Weldwerks opened after I moved to California, I'm certainly aware of the buzz WW has created. So I was super excited when I saw these guys are getting in Juicy Bits and New Hops, Who Dis? at $16/4 pack.

So, how are these? Should I get both? Thanks!

rmpic82 likes this.
  23. rmpic82

Trader

JB all day - grab it

m34josh likes this.
  24. rmpic82

Trader

Anniversary lottery emails today - good luck all! I'll be at a work conference that entire week and there is zero chance in hell my wife would endorse a trip to Denver (without fam) to pick up beer. But I'll be drooling from afar.

25. rmpic82

Trader

5th Anniversary Noche sets available to purchase online - proxies allowed. Thing of beauty.

26. Zoomslowik

Zoomslowik Disciple (333) Mar 17, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Dear Weldwerks,

While I appreciate that I can use the proxy system to get my hands on these excellent beers, feel free to lay off of it for a while. I'm going to have nearly 2 cases sitting in my buddy's fridge after this latest release. I don't have the discipline to stop myself.

Regards,

An out of state beer nerd that hopes things will be normal enough to still have the Invitational

27. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,097) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Um. Weldwerks a minute of perfection is worth every effort IPA. 6.6%. Galaxy, Sabro, and El Dorado hops. Tropical and fluffy as is their style. This shit is worth getting if it's still on shelves near you!

Canada_Dan and rmpic82 like this.
  28. WolverineFan1243

WolverineFan1243 Aspirant (285) Feb 15, 2016 Colorado
    Trader

What’s the difference between the medianoche and achromatic beers?

29. Canada_Dan

Canada_Dan Savant (903) Jun 14, 2013 Colorado

Noche is barrel aged. Different base beer too I believe

rmpic82 likes this.
  30. WolverineFan1243

Trader

Main reason I ask is because I got the barrel aged Mexican achromatic bottle for the anniversary beers and wasn’t sure why it wasn’t just mexican Medianoche.

rmpic82 likes this.
  31. rmpic82

Trader

BAMA was one of the earlier "big" releases from WeldWerks and I think the brewery has progressed into what Dan mentions above...achromatics are generally non-BA and Medianoche has become the flagship BA stout line. The anniversary release of BAMA is probably harkening back to "old times" and it might be similar to Mexican Medianoche. Not sure how vast the difference in recipe/process would be. Good question!

SFACRKnight and jaysker95 like this.
  32. rmpic82

Trader

These dudes and gals at WeldWerks...A+ people.

"...as a small way for us to continue to help where we can, we have made nearly 700 4 oz bottles of hand sanitizer to donate to the public. We are donating the vast majority to the Greeley Fire Department and Weld County Office of Emergency Management so that they can distribute it to the first responders and medical personnel that need it most. But we do have a few bottles available to pickup for free from the brewery (no purchase required), so if you NEED a bottle feel free to stop by to grab one."

Shop online below:
    https://weldwerksonline.square.site...3m9_Lg5iRCmGyLz3-AffoymyW6l0sZ-6LJsSGaUV9Qz2o

@Tarheel4985 any way to donate to WW (foundation I assume) toward the costs incurred for those bottles of hand sanitizer going to first responders?

SFACRKnight and m34josh like this.
  33. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Zealot (545) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

Wilbur’s in Fort Collins is selling bottles for $11.99/each. Wtf.

Great job Weldwerks.. I’m not surprised you guys have a conscience though.

m34josh and rmpic82 like this.
  34. Tarheel4985

Tarheel4985 Initiate (84) Sep 14, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

@rmpic82 that is a really great idea and honestly one that we hadn't thought of yet. Thanks so much for such a great suggestion! You are right, the WeldWerks Community Foundation, our 501(c)(3) that supports nonprofits in our community, funded the supplies to produce the sanitizer and WeldWerks Brewing provided the labor.

Needless to say, this project has grown much larger than we ever imagined. Two weeks ago when we decided to closer our taproom for draft service 3 days ahead of the Governor's order to close bars and restaurants, we assumed we may not have enough work for our taproom servers so we were brainstorming projects that we could create to keep them working. Fortunately our to-go sales in the taproom and our distro sales have kept us busier than we imagined, and we've been really lucky to be able to keep all 35 of our staff employed at their normal wages this entire time. But once it became clear the sanitizer supply in Weld County was extremely limited, Kristin, our Director of Ops and our very first employee, took it up on herself to blend and package over 30 gallons so far with the ethanol and other supplies we were able to source on the shelves. But that supply has all but dried up and the price of Everclear and other grain neutral spirits on the shelf has made it cost prohibitive to scale up significantly.

Fortunately, we have found an awesome partner in Pine Bluffs Distilling in WY and we will be sharing resources and efforts to produce more sanitizer for both of our communities. We are hoping to produce more to give away to the public (our bottles at the brewery went quick) but our immediate goal is to fulfill the outstanding requests from the first responders and medical facilities that have already asked for more (Greeley Fire, Weld County, and Banner Health), which is around 60 gallons total. Bottles are the next limiting factor, as the 4 oz bottles we sourced online are no longer available, but Pepsi in WY is donating 2,000 x 1L bottles for us to use for bulk packaging and we're working on procuring more smaller bottles for individuals.

Very long story short, we're going to continue making sanitizer for as long as we can source the ingredients and we'll be donating it to anyone that needs it. I'll work on creating a link today through Square or PayPal so that folks can donate (tax deductible) to the WeldWerks Community Foundation to support the sanitizer project. I'll share it here as soon as it's live. Seriously, thank you so much @rmpic82 for the suggestion! I'm passing it along to our Board now.

35. rmpic82

Trader

I’ll be ready to donate when it’s live - thanks for all you and your team do!

36. Tarheel4985

Trader

37. rmpic82

Trader

38. Tarheel4985

Trader

Thank you so much!

39. WolverineFan1243

Trader

Anyone know where I can find Froot Camp (pineapple, orange, banana) around Denver? That beer looks great!

@Tarheel4985: Have you guys considered beer deliveries in the Denver area. Maybe do a minimum order amount and limited delivery days. :slight_smile:

40. Tarheel4985

Trader

The latest Froot Camp hasn’t seen distro and it will probably be another week before we determine if it will go out. As for deliveries, it’s something we have considered, but unfortunately we just don’t have the bandwidth or personnel to pull it off right now. But we’re evaluating new strategies constantly, so it may be something we work on later.

3bthero and WolverineFan1243 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.