West Colorado shops I-70

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by imfrommichigan, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Aspirant (267) Jul 12, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

The lady and I had bad luck with going to shops in our only night in Denver. Who would have thought so many places would be closed for Mother's Day??

Anyways, we're taking I-70 to Utah and wondering which of the small mountain cities might have a decent shop in them. Thanks! What a great area it is here!

2. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,172) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

College Liquors in Grand Junction (not exactly "small" but it's on your way) at least used to be a VERY good store. It seems small at first, but their walk-in cooler is massive and there are/were some treasures in there.

3. PDawson

PDawson Initiate (161) Mar 27, 2013 Italy
    Beer Trader

was there a few months ago and it seems to be fairly picked over now. Still some decent stuff, but the gems are all gone. That place used to be a treasure trove...

4. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,172) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

'tis too bad, but I believe some other people had posted about that a few months ago. I was hoping that was just a phase :)
    On the plus side, at least Kannah Creek and the Ale House are convenient if they don't have anything special there.

5. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2011 Colorado

In West Vail right off the Frontage Road you could try West Vail Liquor Mart or Alpine Wine & Spirits in the strip mall there, they aren't big places but they have a decent selection. Beaver Liquors in Avon is easy from I-70, too.

That's about all I got. Good luck.

6. nolimitnsb

nolimitnsb Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I'd add Roaring Fork in Glenwood Springs to the list. I was there at the first of the year and found Odio Equum, Beast, and Pliny there. They were pretty well stocked on the Avery stuff so you might be able to find them both still. Cheers!

7. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Aspirant (226) Feb 28, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

:D

8. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt Initiate (82) May 25, 2005 Nebraska

been awhile (1 year) since going thru grand junction but i will echo college liquors and will add crossroads wine & spirits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe