Weyerbacher Riserva 2012 Shipping Soon

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by mmbrewer, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmbrewer

mmbrewer Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2004 Pennsylvania

We'll begin shipments of this annual Sour Raspberry fantastico to our wholesalers later this week. For free samples, stop by the Brewery for a special Riserva tasting this Saturday March 23 10a-3p. See our website for more details. www.weyerbacher.com

Dan Weyerbacher

2. beerborn

beerborn Initiate (197) Jan 22, 2012 Louisiana

This sounds great, can't wait to get some and give it a try!

3. RyanGoodman

RyanGoodman Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2011 Bolivia

Everything Weyerbacher does is super solid. Ever since I moved from PA to Bolivia, I've been missing my weyer. Thankfully, some of my friends are buying the ageable stuff and saving it for me. You can bet I'll be coming to visit the brewery when we're back in the states in Sept-Oct. What will you be releasing around that time?

4. Skrip

Skrip Defender (614) Oct 7, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

i just picked up a 2011

5. woosterbill

woosterbill Poo-Bah (3,009) Apr 6, 2009 Kentucky
    Society Trader

If this beer came in $8 375s instead of $16 750s, I'd buy a ton of it. As it is, a bottle is just too much of an investment to drink on my own, and at least in CT it's not really something to bust out at a bottle share since it's on shelves literally year round.

Either drop the price or put it in smaller bottles, please!

davey101 likes this.
  6. ColdOne

ColdOne Aspirant (262) Jan 19, 2013 New York
    Trader

Forget Connecticut, Dan. Send Riserva to central NY where we'll really appreciate it. :wink:

fmccormi likes this.
  7. davey101

davey101 Meyvn (1,114) Apr 14, 2009 Connecticut
    Trader

So much "like" in this statement. The price is a bit high. When I was living in Springfield I had free range of '09 and '10 (super sour year) up until last year. I've also noticed that the label also likes to fade and makes it looks a little less appealing given its price tag. New label if anyone hasn't seen it yet.
    [​IMG]

8. woosterbill

woosterbill Poo-Bah (3,009) Apr 6, 2009 Kentucky
    Society Trader

Then like it already! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, we appreciate it here in CT, too, but when it's the same price as, say, Hanssens Oude Gueuze it's just tough to justify the purchase. I'm the last person to complain about a regional brewery putting a legit sour into wide distribution, and like I said I'd be happy to buy it regularly (even at the current high price per oz!) if it came in a format conducive to a single serving.

davey101 likes this.
  9. Ford42

Ford42 Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2007 Pennsylvania

OOC, the 375s you suggest: we don't have room for a 3rd bottling line and that is what we'd need to make cork-n-cage little bottles. Somehow I can't imagine Riserva in a 12oz bottle and IMHO I think many people consider a 750 to be a better package for ageing than a 12oz with a crown for that kind of beer. I agree, drinking an entire Riserva 750 solo is a bit rough but it certainly makes an epic share for meeting your friends at an epic BYO restaurant in town! I've always been a share your beer kinda guy... even 12 oz'rs. I can recall quite a few evenings getting thru 10 or more different beers with just a handful of friends on a tuesday evening - with no ill effects. It's all in how you approach it but for now I just wanted to throw out my 2 cents.

SadMachine and cjoc83 like this.
  10. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I disagree. Every bottle I've had has been all on my own. I wouldn't begin to share such a gloriously tasty beer with anyone else. It's MINE.

victory4me and Ford42 like this.
  11. Ford42

Ford42 Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2007 Pennsylvania

THAT warrants a LIKE. LOL!

tronto likes this.
  12. madnismo

madnismo Aspirant (281) Jan 30, 2011 Florida
    Trader

13. mmbrewer

mmbrewer Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2004 Pennsylvania

Florida will get its 60cs next week. Cheers!

RyanSchwam likes this.
  14. VAbdoyan

VAbdoyan Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2011 California

anyone know what the limits are at the release?

15. shadowane

shadowane Initiate (103) Sep 7, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Most likely none I suspect.

16. Sarge3130

Sarge3130 Initiate (0) May 13, 2012 Pennsylvania

I feel like the pricing is line for the style.
    Cascade sours range about $18-$25 a 750 and Russian River sour's hover around $14-$17 a 375!! no doubt the RR's are tremendous but it pains me to pay that amount for such a small amout of beer.

17. nrs207

nrs207 Defender (659) Sep 8, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

This year's is really solid, so $18 isn't ridiculous at all for the style.

18. Beerverage

Beerverage Initiate (0) Dec 8, 2010 North Carolina

I know this isn't the trading forms but forever ISO: 2010 ft: hit me up. Damn that year was amazing!!

19. Stinkypuss

Stinkypuss Poo-Bah (4,069) Apr 7, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

Live it. Love it. Reserve it.

20. Greenplastic615

Greenplastic615 Disciple (386) Nov 4, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I really didn't like this beer at all up until this year's vintage, which I think is really, really good.

21. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Trying like hell to get this in GA, but the distributor has no interest in buying it. They also have really cut their buying in half, we're already out of Insanity and Heresy is nearly gone too. Sucks when they feel their portfolio is too big and don't want to expand. Yet they still have tons of Seventeen still in the warehouse. Go figure.

22. SadMachine

SadMachine Poo-Bah (2,041) Mar 14, 2011 New Jersey
    Society Trader

I was planning on using my last '10 vintage in a vertical w/ '11 and '12, but depending on what you're offering I might be coaxed into trading it! Hahaha

23. HoppyKilaMonster

HoppyKilaMonster Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 Pennsylvania

is this beer still avaliable in the Allentown area? I will be in the area on wednesday.

24. fmccormi

fmccormi Meyvn (1,408) Oct 24, 2010 California

Amen to that. Any idea how likely it is we'll see any?

25. Knownfactor

Knownfactor Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2010 Colorado

I really wanted to like this beer I've had two vintages now and both were huge ethyl acetate bombs. I couldn't get past it. Hopefully this year is better

26. shadowane

Trader

So you thought it tasted like vinegar basically? I can see that. I haven't had a full bottle of this year's yet but I felt like it's the best in a few years from the couple samples I had.

27. Knownfactor

Knownfactor Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2010 Colorado

More like nail polish remover

Ethyl acetate (aka: ethyl ethanoate): this is the most common ester in beer by weight, but not necessarily by flavor impact. Threshold: 33ppm. Common levels in beer: 8-70ppm. Formed by the condensation of acetyl CoA and ethanol. Smells of nail polish and solvent at high concentrations, but can have a slightly fruity aroma at low levels.

28. shadowane

Trader

oh okay thanks. I get that and Acetate mixed up a bit. And, yeah, I can see getting that in Riserva. It's 11% and doesn't always hide that flavor well. I didn't catch it this year but I also don't think I'm that sensitive to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.