What beer are you drinking now? #1123

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by hophugger, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twizzard

twizzard Pooh-Bah (2,080) May 11, 2013 New York
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Happy Birthday to me.....

[​IMG]

2. hophugger

hophugger Grand Pooh-Bah (3,410) Mar 5, 2014 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

[​IMG]

Just as I expected, crappy !!!!!!

3. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Grand Pooh-Bah (5,542) Aug 12, 2007 California
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

4. TonyLema1

TonyLema1 Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2008 South Carolina

Packing never ends...taking a break with Bells - Neptune

5. SawDog505

SawDog505 Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,666) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

[​IMG] Really impressed with the coffee flavor and it's low ABV.

6. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Grand Pooh-Bah (3,400) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

CCB Jai Alai & some conch fritters
    [​IMG]

7. turfy

turfy Maven (1,438) Mar 17, 2010 Texas
    Trader

I'm really enjoying it. I didn't feel up to the bourbon burn of BB but wanted to enjoy a 'heavier' beer with the arrival of a cool front, so the addition of the coffee notes of Breakfast was the ticket. Sippin' and enjoyin'.

8. MUTINY

MUTINY Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2015 Virginia

Happy birthday!

MicTar, jzeilinger and twizzard like this.
  9. costanzo_mike

costanzo_mike Pooh-Bah (2,848) Jul 17, 2014 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Fuzzy Baby Ducks!

[​IMG]

10. cjgiant

cjgiant Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,560) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Pooh-Bah Society

Had this at the brewery back in April. Thought it was so good, didn't realize there was a non-GF version (actually we kinda guessed).

Man, we've chosen some clear beers tonight:
    [​IMG]

Let the GF have most of the Peeper, and moved on to a beer we just recently tried while out, and decided to grab a sixer of. I think Smartmouth might have been in BA magazine recently under the "label approval" column. Either that or it was in a VA craft brew periodical. Anyhow, actually have kinda dug the label art for a while, but think they are relatively new to the NoVa area.
    [​IMG]

Smartmouth Rule G IPA. Pretty bitter IPA, grassy mainly, but also a bit single-noted. I recall a little more balance the other night, but oh well. Not bad, but bordering on ESB like malt/bitter balance.

I presume it is not WBAYRN-or else @MUTINY has the ability to juggle 12 stories together. Figured I'd ease into my first actual book post - and in typical fashion, a book I didn't completely finish. It's a nice little tit-for-tat that I think Sam was the dominant force behind as his "counterpoints" to the wine "arguments" seem to be given more weight.

P.S. I got Wizards game on, my 12-booked friend :wink:.

MUTINY, utopiajane, aoampm and 18 others like this.
  11. MerryTapster

MerryTapster Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2010 Pennsylvania

Supposed Heady Topper of PA. Fantastic beer. Although pretty different than Heady although I believe it stands up. If you consider heady Johnny Torio this would be it's Al Capone.

[​IMG]

12. JayORear

JayORear Grand Pooh-Bah (3,034) Feb 22, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Happy Birthday, Tom! @twizzard

jzeilinger and twizzard like this.
  13. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Grand Pooh-Bah (3,776) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut

The bottom half of my New England Brewing Co's Coriolis. A Nelson Sauvin Double IPA.
    [​IMG]
    Cheers, all!

14. Avelasquez80

Avelasquez80 Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2015 Texas

Cheers fellas and gals! #properglassware [​IMG]

15. Eddiehop

Eddiehop Pooh-Bah (2,098) Jun 28, 2014 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I was looking in my celler (fridge) and figured what the hell! I'm already plotting on how to get my hands on some Rare for black Friday..can't get here soon enough. Cheers!

[​IMG]

16. TongoRad

TongoRad Grand Pooh-Bah (3,848) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hello bookworms!

Here's one that's been in my family for a while (well, 1977 to be precise- when it was published)
    [​IMG]

Bob McLeod was an old army buddy of my dad's, and they would see each other a couple of times a year. In the 70s Bob really dedicated himself towards increasing the awareness and popularity of darts in the USA; he started an importing company to bring in the best boards, darts and accessories from England, became president of the US Darting Association, and wrote this book with Jay D. Cohen.

As I got older and started playing myself this became an indispensable accompaniment to group outings and such- the section on games alone is enough to keep a crowd entertained for a long weekend. When most people only know how to play Cricket or 301/501, it's great to see their interest perk up when you start on 51 in 5s (my personal favorite game), Golf or Killer- games that work for larger groups of any skill level.

And now that our kids are older, we're starting to use it at family get-togethers. That'll be the third generation already! We told you we'd make use of it, Bob :slight_smile:.

[​IMG]

17. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Grand Pooh-Bah (3,776) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut

Nice! I am glad you are enjoying it. I may be the man but Slick Rick is the Ruler!

TheIPAHunter likes this.
  18. butters_mcgee

butters_mcgee Pooh-Bah (1,783) Feb 26, 2014 New York
    Pooh-Bah

A couple of fun facts from the book I posted about Ithaca and waterfalls;
    1. "...thre are more waterfalls within 10 miles of downtown than any other city in North America."
    2. "Taughannock Falls is the highest waterfall east of the Rockies and the second-highest single-drop waterfall in America."

19. Brolo75

Brolo75 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 California
    Deactivated

This one's going down with dinner, cheers!
    [​IMG]

20. Nick_V

Nick_V Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2013 Wisconsin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.