What beer are you drinking now? #1417

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Prager62, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (1,843) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Simcoe- and this is funky. Vinyl sounds incredible. Love RLT[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,435) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Good evening BA, hope everyone had a good day back at work. Bit of a slow start this morning it seems. Hope everyone is recovered from yesterday.

Daily reviews:

This was quite nice. Nice head retention and dense soapy lacing down the glass. Aromas and flavors of big grapefruit juice, tangerine, pineapple, peach, mango, lemon/orange peel, citrus rind, and pine; with moderate wheat/cracker/bready malt; and floral/grassy hop earthiness. Moderate pine/citrus rind bitterness; medium bodied; balanced wheat creaminess and sticky/resinous hops in the mouthfeel. Touch of tartness/acidity from the grapefruits. Light-moderate increasing resinous dryness; slight lingering hop astringency. Well balanced grapefruit/hop flavors with a nice malt backbone for the 4.4% ABV. Very enjoyable and flavorful. 3.68
    [​IMG]

Nice saison. Aromas and flavors of peach, pear, apple, peppercorn, white grape, clove, and light banana/bubblegum; moderate wheat/cracker/biscuity malt; and some herbal/grassy spice and yeasty earthiness. Light-moderate peppery yeast, wheat tang, and fruit tartness on the finish. Medium bodied; balanced bready wheat and peppery spice stickiness in the mouthfeel. Moderately dry and pretty refreshing. Very unique; good balance and complexity. A bit maltier than I would have preferred; but it was still dry enough from yeast/fruit. 3.68
    [​IMG]

Excellent sour amber! Aromas and flavors of big tart lemon, raspberry, strawberry, cherry, plum, pear, apple, peach, apricot, white wine, orange peel, white pepper, toasted oak, hay, funk, and leather; with moderate biscuity, light caramel/nutty malts. Moderately tart with yeast/tannic oak spiciness on the finish. Medium bodied; balanced sticky tannins and grainy/creamy malts in the mouthfeel. Drying finish from oak/spicy tannins. Very smooth and complex. Very tart, but not actually all that sour/acidic. Lots of balancing barrel and bready malt character. Very impressive. 4.1
    [​IMG]

Cheers

3. malfunxion

malfunxion Savant (937) Dec 14, 2012 New York
    Trader

[​IMG]
    I love me some Other Half Double Mosaic Dream , and since it's being released again this weekend I guess I can deplete the rest of my stash, cheers !

4. guinness77

guinness77 Meyvn (1,450) Jan 6, 2014 New York

[​IMG]
    Getting down to the last of these. The malt is definitely kicking in. I was ecstatic about the Mets, but here go the Pirates blowing another one.

5. kevanb

kevanb Poo-Bah (2,467) Apr 4, 2011 Illinois
    Society Trader

6. TurboBrew

TurboBrew Devotee (471) May 13, 2012 Michigan

... No pics but Still trying to kill my keg of mosaic single hop IPA kegged end of June *homebrew* (6.5%) to make room for my first true Oktoberfest Marzen which has been in my lager fridge at 35* since March 30th when it was brewed / kegged second week of april :wink:

7. dee4maine

dee4maine Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2015 Maine

You like Ana? Hmmmmm.....
    I have to be honest and tell you that I wasn't impressed with her cooking on Next food network star.

vabeerguy likes this.
  8. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (10,375) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Maybe my last one, Sixpoint Tesla

9. Hoos78

Hoos78 Aspirant (283) Mar 3, 2015 Ohio

This is big...and sweeet.

[​IMG]

10. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,553) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Werk Force Brewing out of Plainfield.
    [​IMG]

11. hoptheology

hoptheology Poo-Bah (5,091) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Having an Empyrean Carpe Brewem Barrel Aged Barley Wine from Lincoln, NE (40 minutes from here).

Glad to say that this is possibly the best Barleywine I have ever had.

[​IMG]

Just perfectly executed. Best when fresh, though, as some of the great plum and lemon flavors have faded a bit now (it says best by July).

12. SoCalBeerIdiot

SoCalBeerIdiot Defender (680) Mar 10, 2013 California
    Trader

Smog City Snugglebug batch 2

13. nicholas2121

nicholas2121 Poo-Bah (2,076) Sep 29, 2008 Ohio
    Society

14. hoptheology

Society Trader

Lots of peeps don't like this beer, but I think it perfectly captures the feel, warmth, and flavors of fall. Just beautiful. Pumpkin, spices, crust....all while not being too sweet or gimmicky.

[​IMG]

Looking forward to many more.

15. Betolito

Betolito Aspirant (253) May 20, 2012 Nevada

Collaboration between Evil Twin and Westbrook, in any case, first time trying anything Westbrook. Cheers!

[​IMG]

bowzer4birdie, Shanex, VABA and 10 others like this.
  16. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (5,110) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] So the Red Sox are playing the Padres, so I feel obligated to drink West Coast. A guy behind home plate, in the stands is rocking a Green Flash t-shirt.:wink:

17. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,435) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Very nice as usual. Flavors of lightly tart lime, with balanced biscuity/graham cracker malt, and creamy vanilla/lactose/toasted marshmallow flavors. Lightly tart/bitter finish. Medium bodied; with some grainy/creamy malt/lactose in the mouthfeel. No cloying sweetness. Very smooth and refreshing. This has low ratings, but I've always been a fan.
    [​IMG]

Incredible American porter as usual. Big flavors of milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, toasted dark bread, and light smoke/charred malts; with moderate herbal/spicy/citrus peel hop flavors. Moderate herbal/spicy hop and roast/char bitterness on the finish. Smooth/creamy mouthfeel; with some hop stickiness and chalky roast as well. Light-moderate dryness. Always amazing stuff. Pretty much the definition of the American porter style for me. This is a super fresh bottle, I like it even more near the end of the "Best By" range so it is less hoppy/drying and more rich, creamy, and malty.
    [​IMG]

Always incredible stuff. Flavors of huge bright grapefruit, tangerine, pineapple, peach, mango, lemon zest, orange peel, citrus rind, and pine; with some honey/light caramel malts; and floral/grassy hop earthiness. Good sized pine/citrus rind bitter finish; with a crisp/sticky and lightly grainy mouthfeel. Very dry and delicious. This feel much brighter and dank on hop flavors in addition to the grapefruit, than a similar dated classic sculpin I had last weekend. Need to revisit that review I think.
    [​IMG]

Always fantastic IPA. Flavors of huge juicy grapefruit, tangerine, pineapple, peach, lemon/orange peel, and pine hops; with honey/biscuit/light caramel malt; and floral/grassy hop earthiness. Medium pine/rind bitterness; balanced sticky/resins and light creaminess in the mouthfeel. Moderate dryness, highly drinkable, zero hop astringency. Simply another of many classic IPAs I will always love. All C-Hops with Amarillo, decent malt presence but still very drying. Classic hop flavors will never go out of style for me.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

18. nicholas2121

nicholas2121 Poo-Bah (2,076) Sep 29, 2008 Ohio
    Society

19. aoampm

aoampm Champion (870) Apr 26, 2014 Hawaii
    Trader

Gotta love a short work week! About to pound a couple of these and watch Hard Knocks.
    [​IMG]

20. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (3,610) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Society Trader

Sounds like the sort of thing beer was invented to deal with. On an utterly unrelated note, could you please post your address? I've got a few bills I'd like your wife to pay.
    :wink:

LeperJim, Marklaker, Shanex and 3 others like this.
  21. Rootscipio

Rootscipio Savant (996) Jun 13, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

22. hoptheology

Society Trader

Best fresh.

[​IMG]

An incredibly balanced, dark, smokey stout. Kalamazoo makes a great companion to chili!

23. hoptheology

Society Trader

Haha wtf

vabeerguy likes this.
  24. KevSal

KevSal Meyvn (1,063) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Trader

[​IMG]

I think I found my new favorite glass!

verdict, if you were a fan of the regular walker reserve, you'll be in love

25. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (10,375) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Limped in to LNBA & ending on a Lagunitas 12th of never ale. LNBA 4lyfe:astonished:

26. DrunkMcGruff

DrunkMcGruff Initiate (130) Apr 21, 2013 Michigan

27. malfunxion

Trader

I mean I don't know how much I like her as a person or whatever, but I can honestly say that I wanted to taste every meal that she made. Just got the book recently, figure me and my lady will try out some recipes and see what happens...

vabeerguy likes this.
  28. malfunxion

Trader

[​IMG]
    Other Half / Omnipollo / Tired Hands - Debbie Downer . Still like the way this one tastes, I didn't think my taste buds would appreciate for this long after canning...

29. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (7,546) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Lovin' on that guitar poster in the background!

tasterschoice62, Shanex and vabeerguy like this.
  30. muchloveforhops3

muchloveforhops3 Defender (699) Apr 5, 2009 Oregon

31. DrinkThemAll

DrinkThemAll Disciple (382) Jun 12, 2011 California
    Trader

Hit a few places today! Found some rare beers as well!!!

[​IMG]

Stronger than Fiction!
    [​IMG]

32. jzeilinger

Society Trader

How old is that bottle?

vabeerguy likes this.
  33. DrinkThemAll

Trader

You don't find this one in Cali anywhere!!!

[​IMG]

34. jzeilinger

Society Trader

Chet was such the man and Les Paul too, with that style of playing. (In more recent years, Tommy Emmanuel.) RIP - Chet and Les. :slight_frown::slight_frown: I have a Gibson Les Paul and Gretsch Chet Atkins model and NO way I could ever sound that good! ( *sigh* :slight_frown: ) 'Just pioneering Masters of the instrument.

[​IMG]

...I know ... sorry just had a total guitar geek moment ... :flushed:

#234 jzeilinger, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    vabeerguy and DrunkMcGruff like this.
  35. DrinkThemAll

Trader

Amazing right here guys!!!

[​IMG]

36. JISurfer

JISurfer Poo-Bah (1,993) Dec 10, 2002 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Yeah, Beer Lab HI is the new kid in town, but I really like what they are doing.

Shanex likes this.
  37. Marklaker

Marklaker Zealot (574) Jun 5, 2014 Florida

So you just assumed it was a pottery share! :angry:

LeperJim likes this.
  38. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,509) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

No it shouldn't be, but there's lots more in the same boat. Check dates it'll save you a lot of money and disappointment.

vabeerguy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.