What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #1489

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mschrei, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (4,389) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society Trader

Just got home from Tap 25 for some live music after closing the store at 9. The Eames Brothers were playing some tasty tunes. I had a couple pints of Lost Nation House Pale Ale there and now home for this deliciousness.

[​IMG]
    I guess this is a TBT. :rolling_eyes:
    I had one of these at the end of last night.:stuck_out_tongue:

2. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (25,484) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Awesome saison! Fantastic head retention and dense lacing on the glass. Flavors of lemon, orange, apricot, peach, pear, apple, peppercorn, coriander, clove, and light banana/bubblegum; with moderate wheat/biscuity malts; herbal, floral, grassy hop; and yeasty earthiness. Moderate spicy yeast and light herbal bitterness on the finish. Light-medium bodied and highly carbonated; very crisp, dry, and refreshing; with some nice grainy/bready/creamy malt notes in the mouthfeel. Super flavorful, and still has a nice sized malt backbone for the low ABV. Very well balanced between spice, yeast, malt, and citrusy hop flavors. I definitely will buy it again after this 4 pack is done; hope this not a 1 time deal. I need to buy Unibroue more often than I have been lately.
    [​IMG]

Outstanding batch this year, still tasting awesome. Better than I remember previous batches. Flavors of big tangerine, grapefruit, peach, apricot, pineapple, papaya, guava, mango, and light pepper/pine; with some toasted bread/light caramel malt; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine/herbal/citrus peel bitterness; with balanced hop stickiness and grainy creaminess in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing dryness from bitterness; with zero astringency. Not nearly as bitter as I remember when I originally reviewed it years ago. Way smoother and juicy on hop/guava flavors.
    [​IMG]

Delicious English brown! Flavors of big caramel, brown sugar, toffee, toasted biscuit, brown bread, coconut, and light chocolate/cocoa; with some light herbal hops and yeast dark fruits. Light herbal bitterness; nice medium bodied creamy mouthfeel with light hop/roast malt stickiness. Great malt complexity and not too overly heavy on coconut flavors; with balancing light hop character. Will keep grabbing more singles. Glad they started dating the cans now. This will be my fallback replacement for Death By Coconut(when I finally run out), along with Arcadia Porter Rico.
    [​IMG]

2014 vintage. Wow! Huge dense flavors of dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, molasses, fudge, toasted dark bread, smoke, and light char; with some herbal/piney hops and light licorice/dark fruits. Bittersweet balanced roast/char finish; light increasing char/bitter dryness. Very full body creamy/silky/slick feel with some light sticky/chalky roast and hop notes. Very smooth, lightly warming ABV. Definitely one of my favorite RIS, very true to style all the way through. I prefer it with a year or two under it's belt to tone down the hops. It eventually turns into dense dark chocolate cake flavor for me after 3-ish years, but those vintages are long gone from my cellar. It's getting near there now though. I buy so many different imperial Founders beers, that I rarely have anything with insane age anymore. I love all of them too much.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

#322 superspak, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    aoampm, JamFuel, beerloserLI and 21 others like this.
  3. nicholas2121

nicholas2121 Poo-Bah (2,476) Sep 29, 2008 Ohio
    Society

4. Strike00

Strike00 Aspirant (270) Dec 24, 2014 Iowa

Spent entirely too much money on beer today. Oh well. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

dcotom, aoampm, JamFuel and 18 others like this.
  5. LeRose

LeRose Poo-Bah (1,816) Nov 24, 2011 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

I have two Central Waters Mudpuppy Porters left. I am drinking them one after t'other, out of the four ounce plastic cup, and I am only posting once.

VABA, aoampm, bowzer4birdie and 14 others like this.
  6. BrownAleBollocks

BrownAleBollocks Zealot (529) Nov 18, 2014 Kansas

Good evening advocates! Two long days behind me and a short day tomorrow calls for a couple brews. Going malty with Upslope brown ale, following that will be Denver Brewing Company Grahm Cracker Porter.
    Watching the end of Louisville vs Houston.
    Cheers BA and enjoy your Thirsty Thursday night!!

VABA, aoampm, bowzer4birdie and 13 others like this.
  7. rpbuckeye

rpbuckeye Defender (614) Mar 29, 2011 Ohio

First time this has dropped in my area. Excellent!
    [​IMG]

8. Rootscipio

Rootscipio Crusader (749) Jun 13, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Santa Fe: Pale Ale
    [​IMG]

9. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon

Well alright then, but are you suuuuure? :astonished::stuck_out_tongue:

LeRose likes this.
  10. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (10,182) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

PseudoSue pretty much trashed my palate so it wouldn't be fair to follow-up with an IPA. This one works perfectly and compliments the resin already accumulated from the previous beer!!

[​IMG]

Such a great song and a perfect relaxer for this evening closer.

[​IMG]

Until then ...

[​IMG]

11. nicholas2121

Society

12. BSiegs

BSiegs Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2015 Illinois

Damn that Pale Joe went down smooth. Next up...

[​IMG]

Bought this for last weekend, but we didn't need as many "break" beers on our Cellar Day as I suspected we would. We did a surprisingly good job of mixing in non-stouts and non-BA beers in what we brought to share.

Dang, now I have to clean up most of a two week old sixer of Zombie Dust! :grinning::wink:

13. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (3,465) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Penrose Wet Hop IPA at Taphouse Grill with cheddar-wurst nuggets. Last two weeks, went to Plainfield joints after Thursday night beer club. Beer with meat n'cheese appetizers after ten pm are taking me back to my early twenties. Who needs a time machine when you have alcohol and trans fats?
    [​IMG]

aoampm, JamFuel, beerloserLI and 13 others like this.
  14. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

15. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (6,454) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Moderator Society Trader

Closer for the evening.
    [​IMG]
    Good beer - bit too hoppy for my liking, but its well done.

Flew back into Chicago this evening and got a nice view of the skyline.
    [​IMG]

One of my favorite Pogues songs:

@Lingenbrau & @El_Brujo_de_A2

aoampm, Redrover, JamFuel and 16 others like this.
  16. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon

Me too! Great song and fitting for the upcoming season. Here's one of my favorites for ya:

Love the irony between content and sound :grinning:.

Cheers!

FBarber, SammyJaxxxx and mschrei like this.
  17. nicholas2121

Society

18. mschrei

Society Trader

Think I will head home after some Punk Rock for Rich Kids (crystal hop version).
    [​IMG]
    I just put the beer name in YouTube search engine for giggles n' shits. Won't listen to it until I leave here, but I figure I would share. Band name reminds me of my garden earlier this year, however....

19. SammyJaxxxx

Next one up is a beer sent to me from the most generous BA @Dragginballs76
    Lynnwood Brewing
    Hop on Top
    [​IMG]
    This is very good

More Aerosmith

20. SammyJaxxxx

God bless the Pogues

21. mschrei

Society Trader

This one is dedicated to my nearby neighbor who posted it from the same place yesterday- @spacecake9, Revolution Election Fatigue, Taphouse Grill Plainfield.
    Salad!
    [​IMG]
    And to all the fellow Advocates who have put in coin at the virtual jukebox for these guys today-POGUE MAHONE, F***ERS!!!!

#341 mschrei, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    aoampm, Redrover, JamFuel and 11 others like this.
  22. Pourharddrinkslow

Pourharddrinkslow Initiate (0) Oct 12, 2014 South Carolina

Chillin with Jerry drinking a Red Wine BA Narwhal...
    [​IMG]
    The beer was so good, that once the acid started to kick in we ended up watching this video on youtube for 2 hours straight...

But since I didn't take any video of his acoustic version of "Narwhals, Narwhals" here is something else to hold you over...

23. Rootscipio

Rootscipio Crusader (749) Jun 13, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Clown Shoes: The Barista
    [​IMG]

Dang good coffee brown.

24. pro100

pro100 Initiate (118) Oct 12, 2014 California

[​IMG]

... the last one

25. DarthVorador

DarthVorador Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2014 Pennsylvania

Dogfish Head Pennsylvania Tuxedo!!! :sunglasses:

26. beermeplz

beermeplz Aspirant (286) Feb 13, 2015 California

fading coffee flavors got this tasting pretty oaky right now. cheers yall

[​IMG]

27. M777

M777 Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2015 Illinois

A few sips into a Dargons Milk Cocnut Rum Barrel reserve stout, excellent. Pairing very well with a ramon allones superiores that I just lit up!

28. nicholas2121

Society

29. utopiajane

utopiajane Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 New York

Happy Birthday =)

goingbrokeonbeer likes this.
  30. chuckgietzen

chuckgietzen Initiate (0) Nov 10, 2014 Michigan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.