What Beer are you drinking now? #1491

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by dszok, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freewill35

freewill35 Zealot (564) Oct 27, 2007 Indiana

Prairie 4th Anniversary
    [​IMG]

MacMalt, JamFuel, LeRose and 13 others like this.
  2. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (2,171) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

It was pretty good! Enough flavor yet easy to drink. Roasty flavors were kept at a manageable level, which is how I like it. I would definitely buy again.

cjgiant likes this.
  3. ivorycannon

ivorycannon Zealot (544) Feb 21, 2013 Indiana

4. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (3,935) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon
    Society Trader

Ain't that the point? I guarantee he's got at least two more on my behalf :grinning:! Spreading the love, man. Spreading the love.

TongoRad and joe1510 like this.
  5. Lingenbrau

Society Trader

I told you...I just needed some time. Time complete.

joe1510 likes this.
  6. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (3,710) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society

My first Morph, gifted to me today by .... who works at .........., thanks ....!
    :sunglasses:
    Canned the other day.

[​IMG]

4.28/5 rDev n/a
    look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

MacMalt, JamFuel, LeRose and 18 others like this.
  7. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (3,570) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

8. joe1510

joe1510 Poo-Bah (3,647) Aug 21, 2006 Illinois

Haha.

It wasn't you. It's me. I have commitment issues.

Lingenbrau likes this.
  9. Tripel_Threat

Tripel_Threat Poo-Bah (2,874) Jun 29, 2014 Michigan
    Society Trader

10. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Poo-Bah (2,280) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Allagash Black.
    [​IMG]

Chasing the great hoppy beers I drank earlier.
    A little something for the ears:

Cheers, all.

MacMalt, superspak, Roguer and 26 others like this.
  11. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (3,060) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

Amen to that my friend. A whole littany of them.

Started in 1969 with a military draft number 2. Got worse. Got a history degree. How fucking stupid was that?
    My face. I am so damn good looking that BA folks would nominate me for the best looking guy of 2016.

That was a cool fantasy.

12. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Poo-Bah (3,057) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Society Trader

I probably bought over 2 cases of this last year. I don't see this year being much different. The cinnamon and nutmeg are really popping.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (7,529) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Many thanks to @5EKF for this bottle!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many thanks to @SawDog505 for this one!

[​IMG]

And my wife just joined the "pawty" and she cracked one of her faves while myself and @Knapp85 had to jump on the gravy train with small samples since we both love this beer also!! :grimacing: (She has good taste in beer, this shah is the bomb.)

[​IMG]

The follies continue ...

MacMalt, superspak, JamFuel and 26 others like this.
  14. Antthehopman

Antthehopman Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2016 Texas

My first post and my first Alchemist beer. Got this in a trade and it's very good. Hops smack me in the mouth. Aroma is amazing. I got a FB in the fridge for the thanksgiving weekend and can't wait.

[​IMG]

15. Marklaker

Marklaker Zealot (574) Jun 5, 2014 Florida

Some Insanity and a little more Chance.

[​IMG]

16. joe1510

I'm drinking another Old Style. I didn't take a picture because, well, it's another Old Style and I'm out of tequila.

17. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Disciple (317) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Trader

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ...salud BAs! xoxo!!

Cthulhusquid, MacMalt, VABA and 26 others like this.
  18. Tripel_Threat

Tripel_Threat Poo-Bah (2,874) Jun 29, 2014 Michigan
    Society Trader

Lol, teats definitely get cold, but if you've ever been hunched out on a frozen lake in a crappy shanty, you'll see how cold a bunghole can get.

PatrickCT likes this.
  19. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Poo-Bah (2,773) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Beer #8. Sipping on this while watching the cold rain fall on passersby.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Cthulhusquid

Cthulhusquid Zealot (528) Oct 5, 2015 Washington

Today and yesterday's beers.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

21. cjgiant

cjgiant Poo-Bah (5,260) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Society

Had this on tap months back. Really enjoyed it (and see you actually rated it higher). Very happy to see it in cans - just gotta find some now :slight_smile:.

The whole post was awesome, did the pairings all work out well, or where there hits and misses? Regardless I must say, the 25th Anny IPL I had months ago was a winner in my book. I think they might've realized it, as I've seen more recent batches here (and actually in stores around here). Hope they turn it into a regular brew and distribute down yonder :wink:.

VABA, Roguer and Smakawhat like this.
  22. Marklaker

Marklaker Zealot (574) Jun 5, 2014 Florida

Huh? You say something?

VABA and PatrickCT like this.
  23. Lingenbrau

Society Trader

If I had a dime for every time I've heard that! Well...I'd probably have $0.20 to be perfectly honest.

24. Dragginballs76

Dragginballs76 Poo-Bah (2,532) Nov 13, 2015 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Sometimes I am glad my wife likes to drink with me other times not so much!!!
    [​IMG]

25. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (3,060) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

Unless you are one of the unlucky ones, do not worry about the liver thing for twice a week drinking marathon. Got too many examples, including yours truly, as exceptions.

The key my friend is to know if you drink out of boredom (like me, sorry), or are struggling with some issue. If neither apply, and you just like getting a buzz on to forget the workweek, you are doing ok.

You do know I am not a doctor but someone just giving unsolicited advice.

Have a good weekend. I look forward to any and all of your posts.

Gonna get another beer. Not. Another wine.

jvgoor3786 and russpowell like this.
  26. charrel

charrel Devotee (407) Jul 10, 2005 Texas
    Trader

2013 DDBA. Aged very nicely

Roguer, LeRose, TongoRad and 6 others like this.
  27. Samlover55

Samlover55 Champion (800) Oct 8, 2015 New York
    Trader

Ommegang Gnomegang[​IMG]
    Cheers!

28. Franziskaner

Franziskaner Poo-Bah (4,395) May 27, 2005 Missouri
    Society

They absolutely nailed the aroma. I'm smelling sweet potatoes smothered in brown sugar and marshmallows. There's a lot of floaties and the flavor is heavily spiced.
    [​IMG]photo hosting

MacMalt, beerloserLI, Roguer and 18 others like this.
  29. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Poo-Bah (2,280) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut
    Society Trader

I grew up in upstate NY, my friend. I know what your talking about.:wink:
    I love that weather, though. Mostly because I talked myself into it.

Tripel_Threat likes this.
  30. kjlcm

kjlcm Aspirant (218) Jul 16, 2013 New Hampshire

Finback Cell. Hard to take a good photo but definitely solid beer. Lots of juicy flavor.
    [​IMG]

31. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (10,358) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

I don't think you had much say in your draft number other than maybe snaking a college deferment. History would've probably worked for me, but had no interest in teaching or research...

vabeerguy and joe1510 like this.
  32. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,429) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Really nice as expected, glad these are in 6 packs now. Great head retention and lasting dense lacing on the glass. Flavors of milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, mint leaves, toast, dark bread, and light coffee/char; with some herbal hop/mint earthiness. Bittersweet balanced roast and light herbal hop/mint bitterness on the finish. Some lingering cooling mint qualities. Medium bodied and creamy; lightly slick/silky with a touch of sticky/chaky roast. Lightly drying. Very nice base stout, a lot of mint presence without going overboard. Really enjoyable. Haven't had this since 2013, but I love grabbing singles to revisit now that they have 6 packs instead of only bombers.
    [​IMG]

Awesome batch this year again. Flavors of big grapefruit, pineapple, tangerine, peach, mango, lemon/orange peel, citrus rind, light pepper, and pine hops; with light honey/toasted bready malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Good sized pine/citrus rind bitterness; medium bodied sticky/resinous mouthfeel, with some balancing grainy malt creaminess. Moderate increasing resin dryness; touch of lingering hop astringency. Summit and Simcoe hops, always great. Only 2-3 months old. Holding up just fine on the hop vibrancy.
    [​IMG]

Always incredible, one of the best pumpkin ales I've had. Flavors of big pumpkin, clove, allspice, caramel, brown sugar, gingerbread, toast, cinnamon, nutmeg, and herbal spice earthiness. Balancing herbal/spice bitterness against sweetness on the finish. Medium bodied; balanced malt creaminess and spice stickiness in the mouthfeel. Lightly drying spice finish. Glad we get these in state now. This is probably the most authentic actual pumpkin-fruit forward beer I have had; with an amazing balance of spices. I think this is the last one I have from the 6 pack I bought. Haven't seen any more on the shelf unfortunately. Still plenty of 2015 Pumking 4 packs around, so I will have to go get some of that instead. Same with Weyerbacher imperial pumpkin.
    [​IMG]

Mind blowing as usual, finishing off the 4 pack. Flavors of huge nutty dark roasted coffee, dark chocolate, cocoa, toasted oats, dark bread, and light molasses/smoke/char; with some herbal/piney hops. Bittersweet medium-full body; creamy and sticky/chalky balanced mouthfeel; some silkiness and light roasted dryness. I like this even more with about 9 months of age to bring out more of the deep malt complexity, but it's one of the best beers I've ever had at any age. Going to grab a few more packs while I can soon.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

MacMalt, beerloserLI, Roguer and 24 others like this.
  33. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (9,918) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Brau Bros Moo Joos, and excellent regional Oatmeal Milf Stout. I prefer their Raspberry variant, Red Velvet, but it is tap only so have to wait for it to come around on tap again. Moo.

[​IMG]

34. Franziskaner

Franziskaner Poo-Bah (4,395) May 27, 2005 Missouri
    Society

Let's see...i had the cassette first, then the CD, then the super deluxe reissue. I have the covers album also. That's still only 3 to 3 1/2 copies at best.

One of my first concerts was seeing them at Busch Stadium 2 for ZooTV. That was insane. My ears were ringing for half of the next day.

This was played at the start of the concert:

35. joe1510

I assume that your phone autocorrected "milk" to "milf" because you use "milf" much more often. I salute you for that.

36. FightinIrish88

FightinIrish88 Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2014 New Jersey

Tired Hands: Technicolor Splendor

LeRose, vabeerguy, PatrickCT and 9 others like this.
  37. cjgiant

cjgiant Poo-Bah (5,260) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Society

Curious if you've had Night Tripper? Through limited experiences, tend to agree with you, but really enjoyed the aforementioned beer.

Let me use this as a springboard to ask a question that may have been answered in other WBAYDN that I missed completely....

how did @joe1510 fare in his birthday Old Style quest??

38. eldoctorador

eldoctorador Crusader (782) Dec 12, 2014 Chile

AleSmith - IPA

[​IMG]

Cheers

MacMalt, superspak, Roguer and 16 others like this.
  39. Danmullens1

Danmullens1 Meyvn (1,210) Mar 24, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Saw Celebration on the shelf for the first time this year, trouble is it was bottled 10/6. Seriously? SN should have the best distribution. I passed and went for Celebrator instead.
    [​IMG]

40. joe1510

13 before other things brought me other places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.