What beer are you drinking now? #1494

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by rmank, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichD

RichD Champion (806) Mar 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Trader

Trillium Dialed In. The chardonnay and guwertzasomething juice adds a nice lightness to this beer. Of course the citra and galaxy mesh very well together as well. Bonus points for the pup in the picture.

[​IMG]

2. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (3,935) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon
    Society Trader

On to this 10 Barrel S1NIST0R Black Ale. I'll spare the copy and paste photo so I don't have to get any more cute remarks from @goingbrokeonbeer :stuck_out_tongue:. Cheers!

3. Biggtriksta

Biggtriksta Disciple (320) Aug 7, 2013 New York

[​IMG]

New Belgium Accumulation

AdmiralOzone, VABA, Prager62 and 23 others like this.
  4. Feel_the_Darkness

Feel_the_Darkness Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2012 Virginia

Girlfriend is baking some things for dinner at her parents tonight, I'm getting my coffee in beforehand

[​IMG]

Maybe it's just me, but the coffee beers really do pour better in a standard mug. Looks like a straight latte here.

[​IMG]

More to come for sure since we're having dinner at the In Laws tonight :rolling_eyes: see y'all soon.

5. RutgersBeerGuy

RutgersBeerGuy Aspirant (255) Jan 16, 2007 New York
    Trader

"guwertzasomething" made my evening.

6. beerloserLI

beerloserLI Meyvn (1,268) Apr 2, 2011 New York
    Society Trader

Happy Tuesday ba. Look at these tight bastards that just hit li distro for the first time. Wow, this stuff is pretty damn good. The oak really adds a nice dry feel that really compliments the sweet hops well. Grabbed two 4 packs so far,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Invinciblejets

Invinciblejets Devotee (473) Sep 29, 2014 South Carolina
    Trader

8. freewill35

freewill35 Zealot (562) Oct 27, 2007 Indiana

9. kinggimp

kinggimp Aspirant (225) Feb 18, 2015 Wisconsin

10. Harrison8

Harrison8 Poo-Bah (4,053) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

Set a new record in the pool, with my first workout at or above 2,000 yards. I still doubled up, with a lunch run. I also got my favorite pomade, Imperial Gel, for $3.50 a tub. What I'm trying to say, is despite work being hectic, life is good, and I need a beer. Cracking open something new to me, that I've seen plenty of photos of over the past year. So glad I'm finally trying it. Initial sips and snips prove awesome, even though I'm not a big fan of coconut. Tomorrow's my Friday too! Cheers.

[​IMG]

Oskar Blue's Death of Coconut.

11. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (4,157) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Not sure what yeast they use, but they did use coconut in it.

VABA and Doug537 like this.
  12. NorCalNinja

NorCalNinja Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2016 California

I'm drinking Brew Fist Spaghetti Western. I don't know how to put a picture on here.

13. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,996) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

How you liking that brother? Very intriguing, but I am sure costly.

VABA likes this.
  14. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,996) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] 5 day weekend, so how about a little Ten Fidy at The Local Eatery with my wife.

15. Lingenbrau

Society Trader

First off, welcome to BA and the best bar ever. Second, if you are using Photobucket, upload the image to your bucket, hit the share icon, select copy direct link, then go back here and hit the photo icon and paste your link to it then click embed. Viola! Cheers!

16. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (2,701) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I'll have to give that pomade a try. I've been using Dirty by Lush lately. Super hold on that one.

17. Buck89

Buck89 Poo-Bah (3,147) Feb 7, 2015 Tennessee
    Society Trader

Celebrating the end of a nice, mellow pre-holiday workday. This is a very interesting IPA That works for me. Cheers, BAs!
    [​IMG]

18. Harrison8

Society Trader

I always get the "4" hold. My hair is naturally curly, especially in the humidity. I use the Gel Pomade during the hot, humid part of the year. That said, I did nab some Classic and Fiber Pomades, both with a 3 hold. The classic has less sheen. The gel has a lot of sheen (almost a helmet, if done wrong).

Personally, I've only used Suavecito, Dapper Dan Medium hold, Dapper Dan matte paste, and Imperial Gel 4. I really like the first and second for all-year use, but the Imperial is my go-to for weddings, meetings with executives, or days where I'll be traversing outside of the office in the heat and humidity.

I also like the high gloss, almost shell-like, comb over. If that helps you visualize. Think Brad Pitt in Fury, but much less sexy or luxurious.

19. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Champion (880) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Hey BA's, and happy Tuesday.....yea, only one more day to work this week, then a nice 4 day holiday weekend, with lots of good food and friends and family....and BEER!

Have not had this in a while....pretty flavorful, and I am chugging it pretty fast and realizing it is a 7% brew....head buzz!

[​IMG]

Of course, a Viking Sailor dude has to have a Christmas tree with rubber ducks, right? And little boats and lighthouses and such? Of course!

And Stella has to get her nose in to my beer pics as often as possible and see what the heck is going on with the dining room table....ha!

[​IMG]

20. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

I just don't get tired of this one, BAs. No bullshit. The next best thing keeps popping up, left and right, but this remains a stalwart. Needless to say, things are getting larrrrge right about now. Wait, phone is ringing.

Hunter: What...
    Christina: I have a feeling things are getting larrrge.
    Hunter: Tell your people to stop with the surveillance.
    Christina: Don't be so sensitive, boo.
    Hunter: You wearing that Dolce Gabbana perfume?
    Christina: Only for you.
    Hunter: Come on over...
    [​IMG]
    Christina: PS... All I want is you!

21. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

You know your hair products, brother. LARRRGE!!!

VABA and Harrison8 like this.
  22. Buck89

Society Trader

I'm laughing reading the pomade sub-thread as I admire my shiny baldness reflected in my beer pic above. Silver lining: I haven't spent any $$ on hair product since the Clinton Administration:wink:

aoampm, EMH73, lordofthewiens and 5 others like this.
  23. muchos

muchos Defender (611) Sep 4, 2012 Pennsylvania

24. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Poo-Bah (1,667) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

I got you covered @Lingenbrau , what have you got coming up next so I can get a head start.:grinning::grinning::grinning:
    [​IMG]

25. Nick_V

Nick_V Defender (693) Jul 4, 2013 Wisconsin

26. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

In all my time on BA, I'm not sure I can recall a discussion on hair care products. That said, most men WILL LOSE their hair. There's no shame in that. I will never rock a comb-over. If it goes, I'm going to shine that shit like a bowling ball. LARRRRGE!

VABA and Marklaker like this.
  27. Buck89

Society Trader

As a lifelong swimmer, congrats on the yardage, but I urge you to protect your locks from the chlorine. Just a friendly PSA. Cheers!

Harrison8 likes this.
  28. Lingenbrau

Society Trader

HAHAHAHA!!! Thank you, my partner in (previously commited) crimes! You are a true advocate to go above and beyond like this when duty calls. Next up, Anchor Our Christmas Ale. Should be a masterpiece, I expect :wink::grinning:!

29. jeffgott

jeffgott Zealot (541) Feb 15, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Peach milkshake. Cheers
    [​IMG]

30. laketang

laketang Meyvn (1,266) Mar 22, 2015 Illinois
    Society

this brewery is alright in my book, great amber, cheers[​IMG]

31. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Poo-Bah (2,421) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Reforged from last year. Quite a complex and amazing beer.

[​IMG]

Classic group, new song:

32. goingbrokeonbeer

Society Trader

Coconut, coconut, coconut, may have to add some rum. Gonna let her warm a bit.
    [​IMG]
    Did a silk screen t-shirt project of this album cover in high school.

33. Harrison8

Society Trader

Watching Thereabouts 2 with my brothers. Soaking it in while I revisit this beauty of a beer.

[​IMG]

Ballast Point's Victory at Sea.

34. cosmicdebris

cosmicdebris Disciple (319) Feb 8, 2008 Connecticut

Had to do it following up Hammer with Flight. Clown Shoes is killing it wth this series. ( I know old picture )

[​IMG]

35. Harrison8

Society Trader

Thanks! That's a good point. I just got a swim cap. I just need to break it out.

This is my third week in the pool, so not too much damage has been done yet.

Buck89 likes this.
  36. BSiegs

BSiegs Defender (601) Apr 17, 2015 Illinois

Good evening BAs! Second batch of this one, Hop Butcher for the World Galaxy Bowl. It is hitting the hype machine hard here in Chicago and I stumbled upon a four pack tonight.

[​IMG]

I'll save a full review for next time, as I'm in the final push of packing and cleaning for our move. Suffice it to say that this is delicious - huge tropical fruit, citrus, peach flavors and a slight pithy bitterness on the finish.

This makes packing and cleaning a little more tolerable. :stuck_out_tongue: Cheers all!

37. BSW

BSW Aspirant (256) Jun 20, 2011 California
    Trader

So I went to Torrance....

[​IMG]

38. tripledbrew

tripledbrew Disciple (345) Dec 2, 2011 Kentucky

Golden Monkey by Victory.

39. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,979) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

40. goingbrokeonbeer

Society Trader

I think that one may be above my pay grade.:rolling_eyes:

VABA, AdmiralOzone and Lingenbrau like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.