What beer are you drinking now? #1612

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Jlabs, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drtth

drtth Poo-Bah (2,909) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

Currently my glass has in it some Troeg's First Cut. This is a new seasonal that is now part of Troeg's Hop Cycle seasonals offerings.

Going along with the beer is some music on the player from one of my favorite Country artists.

2. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Champion (875) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

It's plastic, so it works well for travel.

Lingenbrau likes this.
  3. TheMattJones88

TheMattJones88 Initiate (70) Sep 12, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

...how the hell is this almost 13%?

[​IMG]

4. Scott17Taylor

Scott17Taylor Meyvn (1,065) Oct 28, 2013 Iowa
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]
    A back to back, 2014-15 gabf gold medal winning milk stout.

5. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (4,326) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader Subscriber

I know, my posts are starting to look like a broken record ... as of lately, it's the only stuff I want to drink in this here sleepy little one horse town!

[​IMG]

6. Zaphog

Zaphog Poo-Bah (1,885) Sep 23, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Three Floyds/The Bruery Rue D'Floyd
    [​IMG]
    Imperial Porter aged in bourbon barrels with cherries and vanilla beans added

7. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (2,898) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

Moustache Brewing's Neutron DIPA...
    [​IMG]
    Cheers...

8. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (1,726) Apr 9, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

That makes us an army of two. It might be a challenge, but I think we can handle this.

#208 Lingenbrau, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  9. beergorrilla

beergorrilla Savant (980) Feb 21, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

10. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (1,726) Apr 9, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I saved this for my last day of paid family leave. Sharing it with Frau Brau. "Bonding time" is over and it's back to work tomorrow. Baby Hendrick is gonna have to survive alone with big sis and mom until the nights and weekends from now on. Cheers friends, it's been a fun 3 weeks!

[​IMG]

11. PorterPro125

PorterPro125 Crusader (707) Jan 19, 2013 New Brunswick (Canada)

Trying out a new local brew is always exciting. This one is a collaboration between Picaroons Traditional Ales (Fredericton, New Brunswick) and Upstreet Craft Brewing (Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island): Rye'd On Imperial Rye Ale!

[​IMG]
    I'm not much into Rye beers but I did enjoy this one. Lots of spicy Rye goodness, along with a good dose of floral hops and an "English" yeast aroma/flavour.

12. MjBrewhouse

MjBrewhouse Disciple (351) Mar 25, 2014 Idaho
    Beer Trader

Wife just got home and I think this will be my last beer tonight,pizza just got delivered so I think this is it.[​IMG]
    Not a bad beer to finish with. It's been a good session my friends. Until next time.
    I know I go with this song often but it really means a lot to me.

13. Hoppy_Time

Hoppy_Time Disciple (311) Jan 3, 2016 Maine
    Beer Trader

Trying out Elysian Space Dust now.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

14. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (2,199) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Beer Trader

Night cap Trillium Double Dry Hopped Congress Street, cheers!
    [​IMG]

15. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (7,897) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Good evening BA, hope everyone had a good Monday back to work. Pretty busy day once again. Getting a little less stressful each day we solve more problems.

Today's Reviews:

This was great! Aromas and flavors of big nutty coffee, vanilla, honey, orange, cream, and biscuity malts; with lighter notes of chocolate, cocoa, and herbal hops. Light herbal hop and roasted coffee bitterness on the finish; slight fruit tartness. Medium-full bodied with a lot of nice bready/grainy creaminess in the mouthfeel. Minimal dryness. Minimal warming 9.5% ABV. Was honestly expecting more orange initially, but still nice presence. This is really well balanced between all flavors. Really does a great job capturing the cappuccino vibe in the flavors. Very drinkable. Will grab again. 4
    [​IMG]

Thanks @Roguer, NBS BIF. This was outstanding! Aromas and flavors of huge tangerine, grapefruit, peach, apricot, pineapple, passion fruit, mango, melon, lemon/orange peel, and light pine hops; with moderate honey, caramel, light toasted biscuit malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine/citrus peel/grassy bitterness on the finish, Medium-full bodied with balanced bready/grainy malts and sticky hops in the mouthfeel. Light resins with increasing bitter dryness, and no lingering hop astringency on the palate. Insanely drinkable thanks to the fairly tame bitterness, mildly warming 10.5%. Very dank/juicy hops with a sizable malt backbone, but never too sweet or heavy at all. 4.2
    [​IMG]

Review 5200. WOW! Aromas and flavors of huge milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, fudge, molasses, brown sugar, caramel, toffee, vanilla, cinnamon, chili peppers, marshmallow, bourbon, toasted oak, and dark bread; with lighter notes of coconut, tobacco, licorice, dark fruit, smoke, and char. Light roast bitterness and bourbon/oak spice on the finish. Very full bodied creamy/silky/velvety mouthfeel. Minimal chalky roast or dryness. Warming but never boozy finish, zero lingering pepper heat. Prairie and Evil Twin have once again collectively nailed a stout. Absolutely PERFECT balance of barrel, stout, and spice flavors. Smoothest 13% stout I've ever had. 3rd time I've experienced this level of perfection with Prairie. 4.62
    [​IMG]

Cheers

16. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Champion (812) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just finishing up some brats and sauerkraut while watching Raiders of the Lost Ark. Sorry, @joe1510, the sauerkraut is not homemade.

17. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (7,321) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Beer Trader

Uinta Tangerine Hop Nosh watching this David Gilmour Wider Horizons documentary much to the Consternation of my Wife & kids. Sat through too much Yes to Dress & Sponge Bob ( more to my liking ) to feel bad...

18. jkblr

jkblr Disciple (360) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana

Home brewed coffee brown aged on oak chips and rum
    [​IMG]
    The chocolate is really coming out in this now at 3 months in the bottle. It's going to be hard to keep these. Drink well Advocates

19. Zaphog

Beer Trader

2017 White Flame Black Flame
    [​IMG]
    Maple Imperial Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels

20. beergorrilla

Beer Trader

21. Fracwilt

Fracwilt Initiate (135) Nov 23, 2016 South Carolina

22. russpowell

Beer Trader

Joe would just tell you to throw that in the trash:p I am the only one is this that really likes Kraut, so I usually end up with a tiny can of Libby's Kraut:(

jvgoor3786 likes this.
  23. Grizzarky

Grizzarky Aspirant (217) Jun 6, 2014 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]
    Sierra Nevada - Big Foot 2017
    Forgot how bitter this was. This makes a 3 year verical for me, looking forward to trying it with some age on it.

24. TargaFlorio

TargaFlorio Zealot (562) Jul 3, 2012 Indiana

Can never go wrong with this beer. Does anyone else get a popcorn flavor when they're drinking a tripel, or is it just me??? Cheers

[​IMG]

25. tigg924

tigg924 Poo-Bah (3,897) Apr 30, 2008 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Starting my night with a Carton Unjunct from a growler. Nice and roasty stout. Happy Monday all.

26. russpowell

Beer Trader

This year's seems very piney

Grizzarky likes this.
  27. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (4,326) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader Subscriber

:eek: Pineapple Beer?!?!? :eek:

|
    |
    |
    V

[​IMG]

28. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Poo-Bah (2,046) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Beer Trader

I was a little unsure about this the first time. A lot going on. It is really growing on me though. I went from regretting buying a 6 pack to seeing another in my future. It is like a Gose and a Wild Ale had a baby with IPA hair. That doesn't even make sense. Just try it.
    [​IMG]

29. jvgoor3786

Beer Trader

You and @Zaphog are really hitting it tonight! Why does it look like no one else is joining on?

Go Blue!!!!

30. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Poo-Bah (2,046) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Beer Trader

I was in Washington, PA today and stopped at Primanti Brothers by Cabela's on the way back. They had that on tap, but knowing I was meeting @SomethingClever for a beer down the road I went with an IBC (root beer that is). Straight from the bottle!

jzeilinger, bret717 and russpowell like this.
  31. jvgoor3786

Beer Trader

This was in a glass jar from Germany according to the label. Had them going in the Crock-Pot all day yesterday. Been eating them for two straight days.

Reef and russpowell like this.
  32. goingbrokeonbeer

Beer Trader

I was lucky enough to be laid off from my job when my daughter was born. I got to spend her first year at home with her, which I think made her a daddy's girl. Of course when her mom got home from work in the evening I'd be like "she's all yours, I'm going out on the deck and drink some beers":D

33. beermanben

beermanben Aspirant (279) Jan 23, 2015 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

34. Harrison8

Harrison8 Meyvn (1,398) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]

Catawba's Peanut Butter and Jelly Time.

35. StoutElk_92

StoutElk_92 Meyvn (1,309) Oct 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

After all those hops today I needed some malty sweetness to balance my palate out. Been sitting on this for a while. Really nice milk stout with good flavors. Cheers!

[​IMG]

36. goingbrokeonbeer

Beer Trader

Part of my suitcase stash I brought from home.
    [​IMG]
    Tune

37. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (4,791) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Very tasty brew.

The Oracle | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Cheers!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Philip Catherine Nairam 1976 Warner Bros. Records Inc. VG++
    [​IMG]

38. Scott17Taylor

Scott17Taylor Meyvn (1,065) Oct 28, 2013 Iowa
    Beer Trader

39. beergorrilla

Beer Trader

got a few friends over

jvgoor3786 likes this.
  40. Zaphog

Beer Trader

Upland Funk Land Country Shuffle
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.

Learn More
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.

Learn More
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Learn More