What beer are you drinking now? #1882

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by JuicesFlowing, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miwestcoaster

miwestcoaster Poo-Bah (1,961) Jan 19, 2013 Michigan
    Society

Bell's Best Brown Ale. NDSU up by 11 early. Cheers!

2. Mongrel

Mongrel Crusader (761) Feb 14, 2013 Maryland

Not the most mind blowing BBA stout/porter, but dang it’s tasty and dangerously drinkable. So much so that I’m on my second. Cheers BA!

3. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (4,245) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Society Trader

Enjoying the snow outside...
    [​IMG]

...by drinking this inside.

4. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Poo-Bah (1,780) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

They are both in the Long Island Music Hall of Fame, player. So is this band.

VABA, Premo88, tacosandbeer and 11 others like this.
  5. laketang

laketang Poo-Bah (1,536) Mar 22, 2015 Arizona
    Society

Nice!

6. laketang

laketang Poo-Bah (1,536) Mar 22, 2015 Arizona
    Society

Cheers to xmas with this cold beer!

Laketime, kell50, Prager62 and 27 others like this.
  7. Zaphog

Zaphog Poo-Bah (2,910) Sep 23, 2011 Michigan
    Society Trader

Short's FLOAD
    [​IMG]
    Dark American Sour Ale brewed with raspberries

impending, Psilo, Reef and 21 others like this.
  8. miwestcoaster

Society

NB Accumulation White IPA. It snowed every day this week. Not complaining. Cheers!

9. TheMattJones88

TheMattJones88 Aspirant (207) Sep 12, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

My wife and I went out to dinner at John Harvard's Brewpub in Framingham, MA tonight, and I got to have two of their newer beers:

1. Barrel Aged Edge of Forever- an 10.3% imperial stout aged for 6 months in Bully Boy Whiskey barrels, this is dangerously smooth. Despite having no adjuncts it has a bit of a burnt sugar / toasted marshmallow thing going on. Ridiculously good.

[​IMG]

2. Another Dimension Pale Ale - A pale ale with oats and wheat with Galaxy, Mosaic, and Amarillo hops. This is really a showcase for the galaxy hops. Really soft mouth feel, lime zest, a bit of melon. A solid pale.

[​IMG]

Now, back at the house, decided to crack open my bottle of Springdale Barrel Room's Cuvée D'or Rouge, which is one of my favorite sours. A big bite of tartness up front, but dry enough that it doesn't linger on the pallet.

[​IMG]

impending, Psilo, SiepJones and 28 others like this.
  10. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Meyvn (1,445) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

11. tigg924

tigg924 Poo-Bah (6,928) Apr 30, 2008 Massachusetts
    Society

Happy weekend all...Starting with a Trillium Heavy Mettle..Solid double IPA.

Prager62, Psilo, GreenBayBA and 14 others like this.
  12. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (4,382) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Society Trader

Sneakin’ a taste:

13. MFMB

MFMB Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2015 Idaho

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Happy Friday night BAs

Bourbon County Northwoods and Original. I’ve heard everything thing from awful to amazing on Northwoods so I was interested. I am enjoying it but will admit it is extremely sweet, like a Southern Tier pastry stout only better. Definitely a beer to be shared I think. Getting a lot of almond, minimal blueberry and small amounts of bourbon. Original is dripping in bourbon, decent barrel and huge amounts of molasses.

Cheers BAs

VABA, Prager62, tolar111 and 34 others like this.
  14. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (2,591) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Back from Chinese food and 2 bowls. Gonna try to get going here. Santas little helper. Nice Tree.[​IMG]

15. Psilo

Psilo Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2017 California

16. Wanderer4beer

Wanderer4beer Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2013 California

17. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,989) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

How 'bout these guys?

18. Franziskaner

Franziskaner Poo-Bah (5,266) May 27, 2005 Missouri
    Society Trader

Moving onto this. Picked this up in San Diego this summer figuring I would try it there and then brought it back. Think they revised the bottle art awhile back so this likely has some age.

Prager62, tolar111, Psilo and 22 others like this.
  19. ThorSon

ThorSon Initiate (66) Jan 8, 2017 Minnesota

LeperJim and GreenBayBA like this.
  20. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Meyvn (1,445) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Well. Damn. We really do work in the same office

TheGent likes this.
  21. Buck89

Buck89 Poo-Bah (3,218) Feb 7, 2015 Tennessee
    Society Trader

22. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,989) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Ugh- slippery weather tonight that I wasn't expecting at all. I'm just settling in, and starting to feel less totally annoyed...
    [​IMG]
    These'll help :slight_smile:

23. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (25,403) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Good evening BA, happy Friday! Hope everyone is enjoying the start of the weekend once again. Had another busy work day to close out the week. Finished up a product rollup for a new vehicle program. Going to be getting more snow through the weekend, but only a few inches. The drive home was pretty slippery, but manageable.

Today's reviews:

Delicious fruit IPA. Great head retention/lacing on the glass. Aromas and flavors of big blood oranges, grapefruit, peach, pineapple, passionfruit, mango, lemon/orange zest, and light pepper/pine hops; with moderate biscuit, light honeyed malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body. Bready/grainy malt creaminess, some hop stickiness in the mouthfeel. Slight resins, lightly increasing bitter dryness. Very drinkable and pretty refreshing from the mellowly drying finish. Very juicy blood oranges and juicy/light dank citrus/tropical hops; balanced bready malt backbone. On the malty side for an IPA, but never too sweet/heavy feeling. Makes the juiciness of the fruit/hops stand out more. 3.9
    [​IMG]

This was really nice! Flavors of big grapefruit, tangerine, pineapple, peach, lemon zest, orange peel, and pine hops; with balanced peppercorn, coriander, cayenne, allspice, paprika spices; toasted bread, light caramel malts; herbal spice and floral/grassy hop earthiness. Similar, but muted aromas. Light-moderate pine/citrus peel/grassy bitterness and pepper spiciness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; balanced bready/grainy malts and hop/spice stickiness in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing bitter/spicy dryness. No astringency. Super drinkable. Slight increase of pepper heat through the glass. Was expecting this to be a spice bomb, but was pleasantly surprised. Perfectly balanced citrus/pine C hops and spice flavors; with a nice bready malt backbone. Spot on APA style. Not salty notes, onion, or garlic etc. They did a great job on this, used great restraint on the BBQ rub. Would definitely drink this again if I saw it. Really unique and very enjoyable. 3.88
    [​IMG]

Very nice fruity/spiced APA. Aromas and flavors of big cranberry, grapefruit, lemon, peach, pear, red apple, orange zest, walnuts, vanilla, and light pepper/pine hops; moderate lightly toasted bread, light honey malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light pine, citrus zest, grassy, spicy bitterness; slight fruit tang/tartness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; balanced bready/grainy malt, sticky hops, and fruit tang in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing bitter dryness. Very drinkable, 5%. Really surprisingly delicious. This uses pilgrim hops, very lemon/fruity/berry-like. The cranberry/vanilla perfectly complements. The walnuts complement the malt. Nothing overpowering. Nice Munich malt backbone, flavorful for the ABV. Really unique Fall seasonal, but it works really well. 3.9
    [​IMG]

Fantastic Belgian Strong Dark! Aromas and flavors of huge raisin, plum, fig, date, apricot, pear, red apple, orange peel, coriander, peppercorn, clove, allspice, ginger, anise, cinnamon, nutmeg, and light banana/bubblegum yeast/spices; with moderate caramel, brown sugar, dark/brown bread, and toasted biscuit malts; lighter notes of chocolate, cocoa, toffee, molasses, licorice, smoke, and herbal spice/yeasty earthiness. Light-moderate peppery yeast spiciness and light herbal/spice bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; amazing creamy/bready/silky malt mouthfeel; light yeast/spice stickiness and chalky roast. Lightly increasing bitter/spicy dryness. No cloying/astringent flavors. Mildly increasing warming 10.5%, no booze anywhere. They fucking nailed this one. Perfect balance of Witbier yeast esters, spices, and dark/bready malts. There is a laundry list of spices, but nothing feels out of place. Definitely buying another one. The best of the Bruery 12 Days series I've had yet. The 7 Swans Quad is a close 2nd. I've reviewed all but PIAPT. 4.25
    [​IMG]

Cheers

#223 superspak, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  24. miwestcoaster

Society

Up next- Hamm's. Closest beer support I got. :sunglasses:. NDSU up by 18 in the 2nd qtr. Cheers!

25. guinness77

guinness77 Poo-Bah (2,101) Jan 6, 2014 New York
    Society

[​IMG] Long day of work, no long descriptions, just mmm-mmmm

26. TheCrimsonKing

TheCrimsonKing Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2017 Ohio

27. beermanben

beermanben Disciple (343) Jan 23, 2015 Wisconsin
    Trader

28. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Poo-Bah (2,319) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut
    Society

Sam Adams Winter Lager.
    [​IMG]

Despite what the movies would have you think, It doesn't alway snow in Connecticut. It has snowed several times already and I am delighted to have snow on the ground before Christmas. Cheers, all.

29. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Poo-Bah (1,809) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Good stuff here fella's.... taking a bomber to Trans Siberian Orchestra in Tampa Sunday night....
    [​IMG]

Psilo, CanConPhilly, kell50 and 24 others like this.
  30. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (9,639) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

A Triple IPA released tonight from Sole Artisan Ales in Easton, PA.

[​IMG]

Just took the first sip and this monster is bursting with alot of juicy dankness (and even has some cake character to the nose and palate - go figure, huh? :rolling_eyes::astonished:)

TGIF!

Prost! :beers: !!

#230 jzeilinger, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  31. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (4,283) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society Trader

This was handed to me late this afternoon by Sam von Trapp.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22512/317160/

[​IMG]

4.21/5 rDev 0%
    look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Canned this afternoon, 12/15/17.
    I couldn't wait to crack this and I did!

Moderate to vigorous pour yields a 1/2 inch white head over a fairly bright body with some lacing. Head dissipates after a few minutes and comes back with a swirl or two. Nose of cracker, light malt, bread, and faint floral hop characteristics. Nice bready flavor with a tiny bit of sweetness and a nice, crisp finish. Good feel and overall, I can't wait to drive up the hill and enjoy this at the von Trapp Bierhall with a side of their sauerkraut mashed potatoes. Cheers!

32. mikeinportc

mikeinportc Poo-Bah (1,797) Nov 4, 2015 New York
    Society

Psilo, CanConPhilly, kell50 and 21 others like this.
  33. pretzyl04

pretzyl04 Initiate (75) Jul 12, 2016 Virginia

Victory Java Cask - coffee stout aged in bourbon barrels.

Pours with a thick blackness and a dark tan head which dissipates quickly.
    Smells of coffee, bourbon, chocolate, and a malt sweetness.
    Tastes of chocolate, coffee, an alcohol burn, then bourbon :slight_smile:. Ends with a continous mouth tingle, probably from the 14.3% abv, and has a lingering vanilla and coffee bitterness.

This privilege was made possible by @cjgiant.

[​IMG]

34. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (7,332) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Society Trader

Psilo, CanConPhilly, VABA and 17 others like this.
  35. Trull

Trull Disciple (384) Dec 24, 2016 Massachusetts

Got out of work a little early, so swung by my local bar with a coworker and enjoyed a nice Kellerbier from Brauerei Veltins.

[​IMG]

36. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,061) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Those first three songs were my teenage angsty self lol.

Greywulfken likes this.
  37. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Poo-Bah (2,319) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut
    Society

38. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (6,629) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

We are such snobs that a month old SOS leaves us sad. I am praying NH will be getting it soon. Cheers to the Top Doc!

VABA and Ocalafox like this.
  39. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (5,564) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Moving onto this, my last beer from @FFFjunkie's wonderful BIF box. Sicario Pina is a Brett Saison aged in Muscat barrels with pineapple. It drinks like a cross between a Saison and a Wild Ale. It's really good. Thanks again, Dan!

Psilo, CanConPhilly, VABA and 21 others like this.
  40. Zaphog

Zaphog Poo-Bah (2,910) Sep 23, 2011 Michigan
    Society Trader

Old Nation Boss Tweed
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.