What beer are you drinking now? #1934

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Shanex, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thankin_Hank

Thankin_Hank Champion (812) Nov 18, 2013 Texas

Wings

That paired well.
    Next:

2. tolar111

tolar111 Crusader (708) Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Society

Drinking Haus Lager

[​IMG]

VABA, eppCOS, Chipotle and 24 others like this.
  3. Thankin_Hank

Chicken Strip Salad and more Stone

Delicious

4. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,654) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Nice! If I didn't overdo it yesterday I'd be joining you :grin:. Cheers!

If you're into that kind of beer you'll have to check out the 4 packs of Crooked Stave Hop Savant. Could be a real game changer, and I'm hoping that they catch on.

Shroud0fdoom and Roguer like this.
  5. jeffgott

jeffgott Zealot (535) Feb 15, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Another Great batch of Fluctuation from Equilibrium. Cheers
    [​IMG]

6. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Disciple (310) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Trader

[​IMG]
    Nice to be having a beer after taking most of January off. Cheers BAs! Besos!

VABA, eppCOS, Chipotle and 21 others like this.
  7. RutgersBeerGuy

RutgersBeerGuy Aspirant (239) Jan 16, 2007 New Jersey
    Trader

My condolences on the game (assuming we’re on the same side).

8. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (32,598) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Moderator Society Trader

Good evening BA, hope everyone had a good Monday back to work. Pretty slow work day overall, had a morning meeting and not much else. Listened to pandora all day again.

Today's reviews:

Delicious German pils. Amazing head retention and lasting soapy lacing, crystal clarity. Aromas and flavors of cracker, white bread dough, and lightly toasted biscuit malts; with some herbal, grass, light peppery noble hops. A bit fruity/yeasty aromas, but not overwhelming. Light-moderate herbal, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation, light-medium body, and moderately crisp/clean finishing. Bready/grainy malts and some sticky hops in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing bitter dryness. Perfectly clean lager flavors, never yeasty. Very flavorful/refreshing, 4.9%. Other than the muted aromas, this is really spot on style. Nothing but clean Pils malt and balancing noble hops. Never aggressively bitter, nice malt body for the ABV. 3.91
    [​IMG]

Very nice Black DIPA. Great head retention and soapy lacing on the glass. Flavors of big tangerine, grapefruit, peach, pineapple, mango, lemon/orange peel, citrus rind, light pepper, and pine hops; with balanced dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, toasted dark bread, smoke, and charred malts; with herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Similar/muted aromas. Light-moderate pine/citrus rind/herbal/grassy hop and roast/charred bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; balanced creamy/silky/bready malt, sticky/resin/rindy hops, and chalky char/roast in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing bitter/char dryness. Light lingering acrid roast and hop astringency, but not overwhelming. Fairly aggressive, but easy drinking. Minimal warming 7.9%. Really enjoyable and well made. Likely Columbus/Centennial hops, with great balance of rich black/charred malt complexity. Really spot on stuff. I like when the roast malts are well showcased in the style. 3.88
    [​IMG]

Awesome fruited NEDIPA. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, orange juice, grapefruit, lemon, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, guava, berry, citrus zest, and light pepper/pine hops; with wheat, white bread dough, light honeyed malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Very mild pine/herbal/grassy/zesty bitterness and tangerine tartness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; bready/grainy malts, some sticky hops, and mild citrus acidity in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Extremely drinkable from the super soft mouthfeel. Minimal warming 8%. Super juicy hops/fruit with light dankness; great pale/wheat malt balance, with minimal residual sweetness. Definitely some Galaxy/Mosaic hops going on with this. Would buy again. 4.1
    [​IMG]

This was awesome! Fantastic lasting head retention and thick soapy lacing on the glass. Aromas and flavors of big lemon, raisin, plum, fig, pear, red apple, berry, coriander, cardamom, juniper, spruce, ginger, peppercorn, peppers, lavender, hibiscus, leather, and tobacco; with balanced caramel, maple syrup, brown sugar, toasted brown bread, and light molasses/cocoa malt sweetness; some herbal, floral, grassy spice and yeast earthiness. Mild herbal/grassy bitterness and peppery spiciness on the finish. Light-medium carbonation and fairly full bodied; very creamy/bready/silky malt mouthfeel; light slickness and herbal spice stickness. Lightly increasing lingering spicy dryness, no cloying. Mildly increasing warmth of 13.7%. Damn, this drinks like a super spiced up American Barleywine. So much going on, but it is perfectly balanced. Nothing feels overwhelming or out of place. Glad I was finally able to try one of these. They are always spiced differently every single year. 4.13
    [​IMG]

Cheers

9. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,395) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Hops or roasted barley .... hops or roasted barley ... it's a tough call for a night cap. A refrigerator freshly stocked with IPAs made the decision for me.

[​IMG]
    Stone Inevitable Adventure

Cheers!

10. scream

scream Meyvn (1,152) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin
    Society

Some fall off pretty quickly and some do not. I tend to avoid those that I have had or heard about falling off fast-for example this year's Hopslam from a report I had deteriorated pretty fast.

TheIPAHunter likes this.
  11. scream

scream Meyvn (1,152) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin
    Society

Not so, more beer runs equals more excercise !

BIGPOPPAS and GreenBayBA like this.
  12. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Meyvn (1,299) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey

Some chocolate cherry bomb imperial stout with some homemade brownies[​IMG]

VABA, eppCOS, Chipotle and 18 others like this.
  13. JayORear

JayORear Meyvn (1,111) Feb 22, 2012 New York
    Society Trader

Same perfect beer as it ever was . . .

[​IMG]

14. guinness77

guinness77 Meyvn (1,213) Jan 6, 2014 New York

[​IMG]
    A beer that I completely blanked out on having, Tomorrow Who’ Gonna Fuss is a triple dry hopped triple ipa that’s now 2 months old. Pretty freaking smooth for 10%, it’s got an herbal dankness that’s nice. Probably last post of the evening so see yas on the flip side. I’m shot.

15. beergorrilla

beergorrilla Meyvn (1,301) Feb 21, 2012 Michigan
    Trader

16. Thankin_Hank

Pita taco

BJ’s Committed

17. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Meyvn (1,490) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

I wanted something dark to close out the night and it was between this and an Avery Tweak.(only 2 chilled) Considering the Tweak is 17.5%, I thought this was the better choice on a school night. Glad I grabbed another 4pk also.
    [​IMG]

18. Thankin_Hank

The palate cleanser
    More Stone

19. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Poo-Bah (6,345) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

Funk Brewing Silent Disco
    [​IMG]

20. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (9,269) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Trader

Starting with a Dog Tag Legacy lager a beer honoring Gold Star Families. Brewed by PBR, hopes aren't that high...

Watching the Ailienist...

21. bret717

bret717 Champion (805) Dec 8, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Nugget Nectar-

[​IMG]

VABA, eppCOS, Chipotle and 18 others like this.
  22. Thankin_Hank

I can’t eat no more. But here comes

23. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (6,743) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Taking this backyard brew for a test drive and will be only the 3rd review for this beer. Pretty decent but over priced for what it is. However, I will always support my backyard / local brewery whenever I can.

[​IMG]

24. zeff80

zeff80 Poo-Bah (10,417) Feb 6, 2006 Missouri

New Belgium Honey Orange Tripel

[​IMG]

25. beergorrilla

Trader

26. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,395) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Well, I leaned hops instead of stout ... so I'm back, because I love them both. :grinning:

As any late viewer of this thread may have noticed, I'm pretty poor at determining when I'm done, especially earlier in the night. So .... Narwhal. Yeah. Narwhal. :wink:

[​IMG]

Cheers and .... good night, BAs!

27. Mateo2699

Mateo2699 Zealot (564) Jun 9, 2015 Texas
    Trader

[​IMG]

Wow, this beer is bigger than I expected. Coffee notes and mouthfeel turnt all the way up.

28. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,089) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

[​IMG]
    In The Pines by AZ Wilderness Brewing

Thanks to @AZBeerDude72 for this one. A hidden gem in the desert. Love these guys!

A bit of Japanese jazz fusion....I'm weird like that

29. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (3,448) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon
    Trader

30. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Meyvn (1,299) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey

Ellicotville coldspresso, this brewery is hit or miss for me but this is one of there better ones[​IMG]

VABA, eppCOS, Chipotle and 15 others like this.
  31. bret717

bret717 Champion (805) Dec 8, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Yeti up next! :beers:

[​IMG]

El_Brujo_de_A2, VABA, eppCOS and 17 others like this.
  32. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Poo-Bah (6,345) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

Funk Brewing - South Mountain Coffee Stout
    [​IMG]

eppCOS, BIGPOPPAS, Chipotle and 14 others like this.
  33. Ray9230

Ray9230 Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2017 New York

Isnt it amazing not to have to wait in line to get something this good

34. Thankin_Hank

Supposed to drink this one with the Pizookie but I can’t eat nothing else and struggling to drink all my beer and the freaking hiccups dammit.

eppCOS, Txex06, Chipotle and 13 others like this.
  35. beergorrilla

Trader

36. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (9,269) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Trader

Well that first beer was meh. Now watching Inside Combat Recue with a SN Experimental DIPA.

eppCOS, BIGPOPPAS, Chipotle and 9 others like this.
  37. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (2,796) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Brau Brothers Maple Bacon Bancreagie, Peated Scotch Ale, 7.5% ABV. Pours dark brown/copper, with 2 finger off-white head. Nose is maple and bacon/hickory smoke. Taste follows, moderately sweet, smokey, and very light bitterness. Outstanding mouthfeel, overall outstanding.

I really did not expect much here, given that I paid the store $1 for a one month old 32oz grumbler that was taking valuable space in their cooler. I mainly got it for the $4 bottle, figuring if the beer sucked I'd dump it and have a cheap grumbler bottle. I was worried that it would be flat, but it really popped when opened, and the beer is outstanding. I'll be dumping the rest, down my throat.

[​IMG]

eppCOS, BIGPOPPAS, Chipotle and 15 others like this.
  38. jbakajust1

jbakajust1 Meyvn (1,286) Aug 25, 2009 Oregon
    Moderator Society

Judged Belgian Strings this Saturday at a homebrew comp. Had to get one of the best to wash away the lingering date syrup I had to drink. So damn good.

[​IMG]

39. Thankin_Hank

Oh my they brought out the the Big Bastard

eppCOS, Txex06, Chipotle and 12 others like this.
  40. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (6,743) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.